Register

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick

12 Feb 2019 10:33

Colombia

Egan Bernal
Nairo Quintana
Alex Howes
Pert Vakoc
Cristain Camilo Munoz
Karel Vacek

Hoping for top 2 plus sprint points for stages, other points would be a bonus

Provence

David Gaudu
Ben Swift
Lennard Kamna

Hoping Gaudu places high and some points for the other two

Murcia

Rafael Valls
Lars Boom

Anything would be a bonus

Oman

Evan Huffman
Bart De Clerq

Hope De Clerq finishes and Huffman to 50

Laigueglia

Aurelien Paret-Peintre
Fabio Felline

Hope Felline is in the mix

Almeria

Callum Scotson
Marcel Kittel
Rafael Valls
Lars Boom

Kittel should get points but most have him
del1962
Veteran

Re: The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

12 Feb 2019 19:44

Update #5: MADRAZO Back on Top After Quiet Week

With only two 2.1 races on schedule this week, and very few riders in the top 10 of each affecting this game (for example, nobody had winners Izaguirre and Laporte), it was a somewhat muted week. Let's see who had the best combo of riders!

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 Nicosix 233
2 Carlo_Algatrensig 190
3 MADRAZO 178
4 Kazistuta 171
5 PeterB 155

Nicosix is the only team topping 200 this week, largely coming from being one of 6 teams with Adam Yates (54 points) and one of 9 teams with Edvald Boasson Hagen (68 points), and smaller contributions from Trentin, Meintjes, and Reinhardt JVRensberg. Carlo Algatrensig sits in second on the back of Yates, Felline, Meintjes, Gibbons, and Eliot Lietaer. MADRAZO, who has already featured in a few updates this season, gets third this week.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Nicosix (+29)
2 Kazistuta (+19)
3 Koronin (+18)
3 PeterB (+18)
5 Carlo_Algatrensig (+16)

Nicosix takes this one as well, moving up almost 30 spots on a 233 point week, reminding us that it's still February and everyone is still close in the standings. Kazistuta moves up almost 20 spots after just missing the podium on the other ranking (on the backs of some of the common picks this week like Yates, Felline, Trentin, Meintjes); Koronin (using some points from unique pick Valverde) and PeterB tie for the last podium spot here.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 just_some_guy 95
2 MADRAZO 73
2 Googolplex 73
4 TheArt 68
5 Nicosix 55

Lots of action on this table once again; last week I noted that jsg had an impressive lead after scoring in 3 of the first 4 weeks, but this week MADRAZO (30 points), Googolplex (17 points) and TheArt (20 points) all score for the third of five weeks to pull close to the top, whereas Nicosix gets 45 for the win on top of 10 prior points. The start of the season has been really lively in this competition - normally a few different teams win weeks and tie near the top with 45 points, but lots of jumping around so far has made this ranking pretty hectic.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (+2) MADRAZO 1057
2 (-1) just_some_guy 1018
3 (+3) TheArt 980
4 (-) Blues in the bottle 949
5 (+2) PremierAndrew 948
6 (+2) Squire 941
7 (-5) yoyokt 921
8 (-3) Amis_Velo 903
9 (-) Londonpat 895
10 (+3) Googolplex 872

After reclaiming the top spot last week and becoming the first team over 1000 points, just some guy gets a big fat zero points on the week, allowing MADRAZO's strong week to vault their team back on top. With the small point totals on the week, not a ton of dramatic leaps, but Googolplex comes into the top 10 at the expense of Otoxiep87.

This week - whew! Things really kick off. Tour of Colombia, Provence and Murcia (all 2.1) roll out over the next 3 days, followed by Oman (HC) starting Saturday, and the two 1.HC races Almeria and Laigueglia on Sunday. We shall see where the dust settles.

Spreadsheet at dropbox
skidmark

12 Feb 2019 23:27

Squire wrote:
skidmark wrote:More worrying is a DNF in Valencia from Nizzolo

I'm not saying I'm not worried, I was hoping for him to have more of a flying start. But, he did do some serious work on the front of the peloton for both of the hilly days before he abandoned (which seems to have been somewhat planned). He seems to be in pretty high spirits himself.

I'll start pushing the panic button if he's not competitive around the time of MSR.

It's true, I didn't have time to go into any deeper sources before writing that reflection, but his twitter and teammates seem to be all 'whatever' about it. I also didn't really watch and see how much work he was doing. So you're right, he's a guy that can excel in virtually any race, and so the first race of the year working for his teammate isn't make or break. Just overreacting to small sample size as one is wont to do at this time of year.
skidmark

12 Feb 2019 23:59

I've taken a round donut like Saturn's rings, wow! :eek: But next week I will take revenge in Colombia with Bernal, Sosa, Narvaez, Hodeg and Vacek. Points will fall to my pout as in the Universal Flood :D .
User avatar jon ezeitza

13 Feb 2019 05:14

Alright, what's in store for team skids on this busy week?

Colombia

Petr Vakoc
Fernando Gaviria

Well presumably Vakoc already has his first 2 points for the season for 2nd in the TTT (though CQ still hasn't put it up yet), and I'm hoping Gav can take a stage or two.

Provence

Ben Swift
Lennard Kamna
Rudy Barbier
Tom Van Asbroeck
Mathieu van der Poel
Ramunas Navardauskas

The big question is how tough the climbs are and how hard they'll be raced. They last climbs are all like 3km stingers, but far enough from the end to open up some possibilities. If I squint I can see VDP winning every stage and the overall, and it's likely at least one of the stages could be a reduced sprint where Swift has a chance, but I'm not too sure what to expect from this one.

Murcia

uhhh.... Lars Boom?

Dammit. Go Valverde, I guess.

Oman

Giacomo Nizzolo
Ben O'Connor
Darwin Atapuma
Nacer Bouhanni
Bryan Coquard
Baptiste Planckaert

Well... I'd love if O'Connor could top 10, and it's Atapuma's first race of the year so who knows but he could be decent... Bouhanni and Coquard should feature, and fingers crossed that Nizzolo starts to mix it up too. Dunno what WB is doing putting Planckaert in 2. races, I picked him because I thought he'd do like 50 1-day races and score a handful of points in all of them. This better be it, Wallonie Brussels, I mean it!

Laigueglia

Benoit Cosnefroy
Fabio Felline

Hells yeah, I'm hopeful for something from these two.

Almeria

Marcel Kittel
Lars Boom

Well, the main climb is like 100km from the end, so I'm hopeful Katusha has the firepower to bring it back, which it seems like they're stocked for such a task. We shall see.
skidmark

13 Feb 2019 08:11

Van der Poel is a confirmed non-starter for Provence.

The cross season is not done yet.
User avatar tobydawq

13 Feb 2019 09:27

2 weeks in a row sitting in 11th, just out of the limelight and all the mentions.

Flying under the radar.

Nothing special yet, just totting up small points here and there.
Formally *Falze* but not sure what happened to that account

Thierry Claveyrolat fan
User avatar Falze

13 Feb 2019 09:29

skidmark wrote:Well presumably Vakoc already has his first 2 points for the season for 2nd in the TTT (though CQ still hasn't put it up yet), and I'm hoping Gav can take a stage or two.

Vakoc was a delayed finisher so no points

Unless CQ have changed the way they give out TTT points
del1962
Veteran

13 Feb 2019 17:31

Bravo, Hodeg! It has rewarded me the confidence in young cyclists ;)
User avatar jon ezeitza

13 Feb 2019 17:49

Yep, Hodge gets his win and I better last week's total with one race. Shame Gaviria went awol.
User avatar armchairclimber

Re:

13 Feb 2019 19:19

tobydawq wrote:Van der Poel is a confirmed non-starter for Provence.

I figured that was possible as it wasn't originally on his schedule and I knew there was some cross to go, but he was on both cyclingfever and procyclingstats. Ah well.
skidmark

Re: Re:

13 Feb 2019 19:33

skidmark wrote:
tobydawq wrote:Van der Poel is a confirmed non-starter for Provence.

I figured that was possible as it wasn't originally on his schedule and I knew there was some cross to go, but he was on both cyclingfever and procyclingstats. Ah well.

He has won all Superprestige races this season and the only one left is coming this Saturday. He wants to win that too.

A pity because he might have won Provence - not only through your squinting eyes.
User avatar tobydawq

13 Feb 2019 21:00

Short-term good news for the people (like me) on the Hodeg side of the Hodeg-or-Van der Poel divide. Still far too early, of course, to know which choice will end up being the better one.
shalgo

13 Feb 2019 21:35

skidmark wrote:Alright, what's in store for team skids on this busy week?

Murcia

uhhh.... Lars Boom?

Well it is his home race. Plus they are preparing to have a huge tribute for him. It would be a very fitting first win of the season for him.
User avatar Koronin

14 Feb 2019 00:40

Well up 8 spots on the week so that is a decent result.
User avatar Tigerion

15 Feb 2019 07:00

Koronin wrote:
skidmark wrote:Alright, what's in store for team skids on this busy week?

Murcia

uhhh.... Lars Boom?

Well it is his home race. Plus they are preparing to have a huge tribute for him. It would be a very fitting first win of the season for him.

Yes, what I meant by that comment was that since Lars Boom wasn't gonna be picking up any points for me and I don't have a CQ rooting interest, I might as well cheer for my favourite rider even if he's not on my team this year.
skidmark

15 Feb 2019 22:09

Well my hope for a decent points week is pretty much done for.
User avatar Koronin

15 Feb 2019 23:32

I have to stop free-falling, 55th, 100th, 105th... :mad: but with Tibopino in action, plus Gaudu, I should be able to redeem myself a little. So far, Ewan and Gaviria have disappointed me: I expected better.
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

16 Feb 2019 14:26

Óscar Rodríguez and Matteo Trentin are both top ten in the Murcia GC. Nice to see that Rodríguez can build on his Vuelta stage last year. He seems to be a nice pick for me. Trentin as well is showing impressive form.
User avatar tobydawq

16 Feb 2019 14:38

Trentin looking good. Happy with picking him. Too bad there is not that many points in these races so far though. Impressive form indeed, and hope he can keep it for races coming up and next month.
Salvarani

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling