Register

Luke Rowe

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Luke Rowe

16 Apr 2019 09:17

I've looked for a thread on him and can't find one.

After a strong start to the season especially at P-N I am rather gutted for him at the Ronde and PR.

Will he have a better chance?
User avatar MartinGT

16 Apr 2019 10:40

I doubt mechanicals made that much difference. He was not good enough on the cobbled climbs to do anything in the Ronde (as was the case in Harelbeke) and if he was good enough to be a big factor in PR then his attack would have stuck long enough to be part of the winning move

His best form was for the early season stage races - maybe a by-product of riding for a team that prioritises those races rather than the big one day races
User avatar Eyeballs Out

Re: Luke Rowe

17 Apr 2019 04:31

Will he ever have any big result in his career? OK, maybe he's never among biggest contenders but weaker riders have won bigger things. He always looked to have enough freedom in many races but not enough freedom to focus on certain races so he always looked stronger when he was less free.
User avatar gunara

17 Apr 2019 08:31

You doesn't have to win to be a important rider. He is strong as a bull. The perfect road captain for Sky.

He lacks the kick to get away on the climbs and the sprint for the final.. but on the flat, he is one of the best riders in the peloton. In this year's edition of Gent-Wevelgem he attacked from the peloton on the flat after getting dropped on the second Kemmelberg from the lead group. Not many riders can do that.

I don't know if he will win Paris-Roubaix but I'm sure he will podium it some day. Why isn't Sky riding Paris-Tours? With the new gravel tracks and soft hills, it's his best chance of a big win this year.
User avatar Velolover2

17 Apr 2019 15:24

Just one of the 7-20th placed riders on their day could podium or even rarely win a big race but always have reasons they can’t
Scarponi

Return to Professional road racing