Log in:  

Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Yesterday 11:57

Paris Tours to become an extended version of Scheldeprijs with 252km of flat:
Late hills removed:

Image
User avatar Wallenquist
Member
 
Posts: 500
Joined: 10 Feb 2013 11:24
Location: Poland

Yesterday 12:05

What?! :o

The finish has been so great the last couple of years.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
SeriousSam wrote:Which [Brexit, red], thankfully, isn't going to happen. Remain now at 85% with the bookmakers.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 17,197
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Yesterday 12:12

And 80 km longer then in previous years. It's obvious that this is supposed to be THE dress rehearsal for the Doha road race. Good idea, hope this attracts the big names again.
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle
Member
 
Posts: 1,995
Joined: 28 Sep 2010 04:32
Location: There there.

Re:

Yesterday 12:26

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:And 80 km longer then in previous years. It's obvious that this is supposed to be THE dress rehearsal for the Doha road race. Good idea, hope this attracts the big names again.

It was 231km last year.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
SeriousSam wrote:Which [Brexit, red], thankfully, isn't going to happen. Remain now at 85% with the bookmakers.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 17,197
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Yesterday 12:49

You're right, I mixed it up with the U23 edition. My bad.
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle
Member
 
Posts: 1,995
Joined: 28 Sep 2010 04:32
Location: There there.

Yesterday 12:53

But yeah, the fact that it is longer is good news. Hopefully it will have the same length next year with the hills back on.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
SeriousSam wrote:Which [Brexit, red], thankfully, isn't going to happen. Remain now at 85% with the bookmakers.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 17,197
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Re:

Yesterday 13:03

Netserk wrote:But yeah, the fact that it is longer is good news. Hopefully it will have the same length next year with the hills back on.


I dream of it one day actually becoming Paris-Tours, not just randomoutwardsuburb-Tours
User avatar GuyIncognito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,567
Joined: 27 Jun 2013 21:19

Re: Re:

Yesterday 13:07

GuyIncognito wrote:
Netserk wrote:But yeah, the fact that it is longer is good news. Hopefully it will have the same length next year with the hills back on.


I dream of it one day actually becoming Paris-Tours, not just randomoutwardsuburb-Tours

Like the iconic Compiègne-Roubaix? :p
User avatar Alexandre B.
Member
 
Posts: 1,248
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

Re: Re:

Yesterday 18:17

Alexandre B. wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Netserk wrote:But yeah, the fact that it is longer is good news. Hopefully it will have the same length next year with the hills back on.


I dream of it one day actually becoming Paris-Tours, not just randomoutwardsuburb-Tours

Like the iconic Compiègne-Roubaix? :p


exactly :)
User avatar GuyIncognito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,567
Joined: 27 Jun 2013 21:19

Yesterday 18:28

Boonen has this in his back pocket!
"Fred bud, he drives five kilometres too fast for us" - Frans Verbeeck talking about Eddy Merckx in an interview with Fred De Bruyne after finishing second in the Tour of Flandres in 1974.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan
Member
 
Posts: 675
Joined: 27 Dec 2015 16:46
Location: in Flanders fields where poppies blow

Yesterday 18:59

what kind of **** is that???
User avatar Billie
Member
 
Posts: 1,787
Joined: 24 Jun 2013 14:09

Re: Re:

Yesterday 20:10

GuyIncognito wrote:
Netserk wrote:But yeah, the fact that it is longer is good news. Hopefully it will have the same length next year with the hills back on.


I dream of it one day actually becoming Paris-Tours, not just randomoutwardsuburb-Tours


I dream of Bordeaux–Paris.
User avatar TMP402
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,421
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dedelou, dusty red roads, Google [Bot] and 27 guests

Back to top