Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Today 11:57

Paris Tours to become an extended version of Scheldeprijs with 252km of flat:
Late hills removed:

User avatar Wallenquist

Today 12:05

What?! :o

The finish has been so great the last couple of years.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
SeriousSam wrote:Which [Brexit, red], thankfully, isn't going to happen. Remain now at 85% with the bookmakers.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Today 12:12

And 80 km longer then in previous years. It's obvious that this is supposed to be THE dress rehearsal for the Doha road race. Good idea, hope this attracts the big names again.
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

Re:

Today 12:26

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:And 80 km longer then in previous years. It's obvious that this is supposed to be THE dress rehearsal for the Doha road race. Good idea, hope this attracts the big names again.

It was 231km last year.
SeriousSam wrote:Which [Brexit, red], thankfully, isn't going to happen. Remain now at 85% with the bookmakers.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Today 12:49

You're right, I mixed it up with the U23 edition. My bad.
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

Today 12:53

But yeah, the fact that it is longer is good news. Hopefully it will have the same length next year with the hills back on.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

54 minutes ago

Netserk wrote:But yeah, the fact that it is longer is good news. Hopefully it will have the same length next year with the hills back on.

I dream of it one day actually becoming Paris-Tours, not just randomoutwardsuburb-Tours
User avatar GuyIncognito

Re: Re:

50 minutes ago

GuyIncognito wrote:
Netserk wrote:But yeah, the fact that it is longer is good news. Hopefully it will have the same length next year with the hills back on.

I dream of it one day actually becoming Paris-Tours, not just randomoutwardsuburb-Tours

Like the iconic Compiègne-Roubaix? :p
User avatar Alexandre B.

Previous

Return to Professional road racing