Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

29 Nov 2017 14:15

Het nieuwsblad reported on the felt-bikes from wout van aert today.

Here are some shocking facts:

Riders started complaining about the bikes even before they had raced, the frames were to stiff.
Nuyens (I could tell you a lot about him) said they just weren't motivated enough.
The team rode "de Omloop het Nieuwsblad" on cross frames.
During the Tour of Belgium four riders rode frames used by skil-shimano between 2011-2013. Thimoty Dupont rode one who was 2 seizes to big but still preferred it to the current one. The other riders were Dries de Bondt, WvA and Huub Duijn.
Gaetan Bille bought himself the latest model of Felt Bikes but Nuyens didn't allow him to race on it. After that Bille raced the bar minimum, once every five weeks.
Only in August did some riders get a new bike.
Because of the situation many riders don't want to continue with the team (Dupont) or are sacked by Nuyens (Bille, Cordeel, Vergaerde...)
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

Re:

29 Nov 2017 15:56

GenericBoonenFan wrote:Het nieuwsblad reported on the felt-bikes from wout van aert today.

Riders started complaining about the bikes even before they had raced, the frames were to stiff.
Nuyens (I could tell you a lot about him) said they just weren't motivated enough.
During the Tour of Belgium four riders rode frames used by skil-shimano between 2011-2013. Thimoty Dupont rode one who was 2 seizes to big but still preferred it to the current one. The other riders were Dries de Bondt, WvA and Huub Duijn.
Gaetan Bille bought himself the latest model of Felt Bikes but Nuyens didn't allow him to race on it. After that Bille raced the bar minimum, once every five weeks.
Because of the situation many riders don't want to continue with the team (Dupont) or are sacked by Nuyens (Bille, Cordeel, Vergaerde...)

many riders notb wanting to continue means the FELT deal with the team lasta a few year from 2017 om. you know for how long?
thanks

speaking about team bikes, it looks like Orbea changed French team, from Cofidis (Kuota from 2018) they will partner with Vital-Concept (Coquard and co)
pastronef

Re:

01 Dec 2017 01:03

GenericBoonenFan wrote:Het nieuwsblad reported on the felt-bikes from wout van aert today.

That's a really weird mess. I can't work out from Google Translate if the riders had problems with cross bikes too or only with the road frames?

It's been quite a while since I can recall open strife in a team about equipment. Usually if there's a problem, some quiet substitutions and rebadgings are carried out and complaints about a sponsor's products are kept out of the press.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

01 Dec 2017 15:18

WvA isn't happy about his cross bike either, the frame (top tube) is apparently pretty weak and for a rider like WvA who uses his power to keep up with riders like MvP who have more technical skills it's a concern.
Every cyclists wants to look first-string, bar Bauke Mollema. He doesn't give a **** <-> Thijs Zonneveld
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

Re: Re:

05 Dec 2017 16:27

Maaaaaaaarten wrote:
tobydawq wrote:Omloop Het Nieuwsblad will change its finale to the old Ronde finale with the Muur, the Bosberg and finish in Meerbeke.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.3011529

While I really like the old finale of the RVV and dislike the new route, completely changing another race which was a great race in its own right is really not the right solution for me. :o

Omloop had a unique dynamic with flat cobbles after the hill section, that will now be lost. :(

This is really a new race now.

Max Rockatansky

06 Dec 2017 06:27

FDJ becomes Groupama-FDJ and its budget will be 30% higher than it is today (~16-20M€)
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re: Re:

06 Dec 2017 08:55

Max Rockatansky wrote:
Maaaaaaaarten wrote:
tobydawq wrote:Omloop Het Nieuwsblad will change its finale to the old Ronde finale with the Muur, the Bosberg and finish in Meerbeke.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.3011529

While I really like the old finale of the RVV and dislike the new route, completely changing another race which was a great race in its own right is really not the right solution for me. :o

Omloop had a unique dynamic with flat cobbles after the hill section, that will now be lost. :(

This is really a new race now.

I saw this on Twitter yesterday and was surprised about the changes.

Then I saw your post and was more surprised about the quotations :lol:

I must be getting old.
User avatar tobydawq

08 Dec 2017 21:55

Tour de l'Ain 2018 (May 18-20)
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re: General News Thread

09 Dec 2017 10:11

3 stages :(
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

09 Dec 2017 10:27

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcclhHxnLg9/?taken-by=brentbookwalter

full BMC pro team with disc brakes at the Denia training camp.
it has begun
Uci and Shimano (and Sram) have chosen.
pastronef

10 Dec 2017 21:40

roundabout wrote:3 stages :(

Stage 2 looks great though.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

11 Dec 2017 15:14

All WT and PCT teams basically confirmed. Aqua Blue Sport is still waiting though for final approval.

http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/registration-uci-worldteams-and-uci-professional-continental-teams-for-the-208-season/
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

Re:

11 Dec 2017 16:21

Alexandre B. wrote:
Tour de l'Ain 2018 (May 18-20)

Why did they move the Tour de l'Ain to May? August was just right for this fine race.
User avatar fauniera

Previous

Return to Professional road racing