Log in:  

Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, peloton, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

20 May 2017 08:45

Yet another DNF for Malori... so sad that it seems he can't come back to cycling for good.
User avatar Kazistuta
Member
 
Posts: 1,236
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 06:18
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re:

20 May 2017 13:10

Kazistuta wrote:Yet another DNF for Malori... so sad that it seems he can't come back to cycling for good.

A real shame. He is getting a lot of encouragement from his team mates on twitter. I hope that things improve for him. It must be so hard and amazing that he keeps trying.
User avatar mariposa
Junior Member
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 21 Aug 2011 21:42

20 May 2017 15:08

I kinda feel bad that I keep forgetting about Malori... hope he can make a full recovery.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,038
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

21 May 2017 13:15

Movistar director interview at the Giro about Malori. Career may be over. Probably will never recover
User avatar GuyIncognito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,945
Joined: 27 Jun 2013 21:19

Re:

22 May 2017 03:31

GuyIncognito wrote:Movistar director interview at the Giro about Malori. Career may be over. Probably will never recover

Crap!
SeriousSam wrote: Peña Cabarga is like Froome's Mount Doom, the place where his great power was forged into fearsome weapon. He was never going to lose here
User avatar silvergrenade
Member
 
Posts: 484
Joined: 23 Jan 2016 17:30

22 May 2017 18:31

Not pro cycling but somehow cycling related: Nicky Hayden (35) world motoGP champion apparently died today as a result of the last week's accident in which he was hit by a car during his training on a road bike... RIP.

EDIT: Proper thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33227
glassmoon
Member
 
Posts: 935
Joined: 19 May 2012 08:56

Re:

25 May 2017 05:10

GuyIncognito wrote:Movistar director interview at the Giro about Malori. Career may be over. Probably will never recover

Do you have a link to this interview please?
User avatar mariposa
Junior Member
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 21 Aug 2011 21:42

Re: Re:

25 May 2017 09:39

mariposa wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:Movistar director interview at the Giro about Malori. Career may be over. Probably will never recover

Do you have a link to this interview please?


It was live on TV, sorry
User avatar GuyIncognito
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,945
Joined: 27 Jun 2013 21:19

Today 07:11

For the 2018 Giro seems that Israel has surpassed Poland for the start.
I've never take seriously the Japan rumors because i think it's undoable.
http://iltirreno.gelocal.it/italia-mondo/2017/05/27/news/giro-2018-israele-sorpassa-la-polonia-1.15400986

Another new rumor in the article is the stage in Belice to commemorate the earthquake and the candidature of Prato Nevoso for a stage finish, the others like the double Zoncolan and Sorgenti del Piavere are already in the air by months.
Nirvana
Member
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 28 Jul 2015 18:17
Location: Florence

Re:

Today 07:24

Nirvana wrote:For the 2018 Giro seems that Israel has surpassed Poland for the start.
I've never take seriously the Japan rumors because i think it's undoable.
http://iltirreno.gelocal.it/italia-mondo/2017/05/27/news/giro-2018-israele-sorpassa-la-polonia-1.15400986

Another new rumor in the article is the stage in Belice to commemorate the earthquake and the candidature of Prato Nevoso for a stage finish, the others like the double Zoncolan and Sorgenti del Piavere are already in the air by months.


Making it start in a bordering country would make much more sense.

1.) A small time trial in Malta followed by a couple of stages in Sicily.
2.) Three opening stages in the Croatia-Slovenia region.

Bratislava and Budapest would make fine opening cities too. You can get to Italy in less than 3 stages.

Tunisia is another possibility.
Velolover2
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,340
Joined: 12 Apr 2015 18:16

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandre B., barmaher, Bing [Bot], Brullnux, deneb, deValtos, emilos, jflemaire, portugal11, sixtyten, spalco, Stella0596, sworks, wheresmybrakes, wirral and 117 guests

Back to top