Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Re: Re:

Yesterday 09:04

Netserk wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:
Netserk wrote:The Arrate stage will be like it usually is, so weaker than last year. The TT will of course be hilly, but on the "flatter" side, from what I've seen. No other uphill finishes, so I expect Henao to drag Kwiatkowski around ;)

From what I've read they will do Arrate from the hardest side like in last year's itt. That's 5,1k @ 8,3% with two kilometers @ 13%.
We will see Igeldo and Vivero as last climbs before a fast downhill to the finish. The climb in the itt looks good too.

http://www.itzulia.eus/en/2017/5/info/

Yeah, just what I wrote.

http://www.itzulia.eus/en/2017/

Stage profiles are out. Arrate from Matxaria, which is brutal steep.
Max Rockatansky

Yesterday 09:42

This is surely the easiest route of Pais Vasco that I've ever seen, one year for the time-trialers.

Stage 1 is, by standards of Itzulia, like going to the low lands to make a stage.
User avatar Ricco'

Yesterday 09:51

The 4 last stages are great, but the two first look easy. I'd rather watch Scheldeprijs than sprint stages in Pais Vasco...
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti

Yesterday 09:58

Also, the route for ECs will be presented in Denmark today. Don't expect anything remotely good and don't judge me.
Last edited by Valv.Piti on 23 Mar 2017 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti

Yesterday 09:59

Vivero is never definitive GC action.
Kwibus wrote:So much quesions they have. Answers they will never get.
So why questions? If no answers?
-Kwibus, one of the great philosophers of the 21st century
User avatar Red Rick

Re:

Yesterday 10:00

Valv.Piti wrote:Also, the route for ECs will be presented in Denmark today. Don't expect anything remotely good and don't judge me.

Cassani said it will be pan flat.

Kittel European champion. :o
User avatar Alexandre B.

Re:

Yesterday 10:01

Red Rick wrote:Vivero is never definitive GC action.

I don't think anyone said that.

People will most likely save energy for the two most important days anyways. Thats somewhat a problem for Pais Vasco
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti

Yesterday 10:03

Alexandre B. wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:Also, the route for ECs will be presented in Denmark today. Don't expect anything remotely good and don't judge me.

Yes. We've had Giro, Worlds and now Europeans and are promoting a Tour-start, but we never use the terrain, for some reason, thats actually interesting. A one day race in and around Vejle would for example make for an absolutely great race. Its like NL and their Giro start last year all over again.
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti

Yesterday 10:55

Alexandre B. wrote:

So Sagan again? :lol:
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Yesterday 11:00

Max Rockatansky wrote:
Netserk wrote:
Max Rockatansky wrote:
Netserk wrote:The Arrate stage will be like it usually is, so weaker than last year. The TT will of course be hilly, but on the "flatter" side, from what I've seen. No other uphill finishes, so I expect Henao to drag Kwiatkowski around ;)

From what I've read they will do Arrate from the hardest side like in last year's itt. That's 5,1k @ 8,3% with two kilometers @ 13%.
We will see Igeldo and Vivero as last climbs before a fast downhill to the finish. The climb in the itt looks good too.

http://www.itzulia.eus/en/2017/5/info/

Yeah, just what I wrote.

http://www.itzulia.eus/en/2017/

Stage profiles are out. Arrate from Matxaria, which is brutal steep.

My bad, without the description and only looking at the profile, I thought it was the traditional ascent. That said, you weren't correct neither, as it isn't the side from last year's ITT, but from last year's Arrate stage:

But it is harder than the side from the ITT, though it means it doesn't finish uphill, but with the same final few hundred meter.

User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Yesterday 11:19

Alexandre B. wrote:

Of course it's gonna be pan flat. It's in Herning! They don't exactly have hills out there...
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Yesterday 14:19

RedheadDane wrote:Of course it's gonna be pan flat. It's in Herning! They don't exactly have hills out there...

Didn't the old GP Herning have some cobbles or dirt roads or something in it? It could be a good race if they include that.
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten

Yesterday 14:27

Maaaaaaaarten wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Of course it's gonna be pan flat. It's in Herning! They don't exactly have hills out there...

Didn't the old GP Herning have some cobbles or dirt roads or something in it? It could be a good race if they include that.

You are completely forgetting that would actually make an interesting race. Why would it be in their interests?
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti

Yesterday 16:35

Netserk wrote:My bad, without the description and only looking at the profile, I thought it was the traditional ascent. That said, you weren't correct neither, as it isn't the side from last year's ITT, but from last year's Arrate stage:

But it is harder than the side from the ITT, though it means it doesn't finish uphill, but with the same final few hundred meter.

Thank You. :) :)
Max Rockatansky

Re:

Yesterday 16:39

Red Rick wrote:Vivero is never definitive GC action.

Vivero is never about GC action, Vivero is a lifestyle. :cool:

PMartens83 Paul Martens
Haha the great crazy basque people made this stage a special experience...on the climb the sweet weed air explaind a lot
Max Rockatansky

Yesterday 16:49

I have only started to follow race routes closely in the last 5 years, but I can't remember a worse Tour of the Basque Country route than this one.

Garbage.
barmaher

Yesterday 17:42

There likely won't be any GC action until 6km to go in the penultimate stage, but from there on, it suits Alberto down to the ground. I think only someone like Roglic can trouble him, as I don't think Valverde can beat him in a TT like that one. Kwiatkowski should lose a significant amount of time to Arrate.
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

Yesterday 18:07

Netserk wrote:There likely won't be any GC action until 6km to go in the penultimate stage, but from there on, it suits Alberto down to the ground. I think only someone like Roglic can trouble him, as I don't think Valverde can beat him in a TT like that one. Kwiatkowski should lose a significant amount of time to Arrate.

Stage 3 will definitely be a day for GC-action, but apart from that, it doesn't look that good.
Rise, Zomegnanists!
User avatar Valv.Piti

Yesterday 18:26

I don't think so. Reduced sprint more likely.

Last climb (minus the last ~400m):
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Previous

Return to Professional road racing