Log in:  

Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

08 Dec 2010 01:40

DAOTEC wrote:Cameron Meyer just elected Aussie rider of the year :confused:

Image


evans was 'road' rider of the year tho, 5th year in a row i believe.
Meyer certainly got the award for his track performance. he also got track rider of the year.

1st F-W
3rd Tirreno
5th Giro
yellow jersey holder.

vs

Road TT National Champ
Multiple 1st places at World champs and Commonwealth Games (Although I think the road race is useless at the com. games, track is a little more significant with GBR providing heavy competition).

I'm biased towards road, but I still appreciate cam had a good year, although I'm still very unconvinced he will be big on the road. That being said he still focuses a lot on track.
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,442
Joined: 22 Jun 2009 13:44
Location: Melbourne

08 Dec 2010 03:27

Timmy-loves-Rabo wrote:evans was 'road' rider of the year tho, 5th year in a row i believe.
Meyer certainly got the award for his track performance. he also got track rider of the year.

1st F-W
3rd Tirreno
5th Giro
yellow jersey holder.

vs

Road TT National Champ
Multiple 1st places at World champs and Commonwealth Games (Although I think the road race is useless at the com. games, track is a little more significant with GBR providing heavy competition).

I'm biased towards road, but I still appreciate cam had a good year, although I'm still very unconvinced he will be big on the road. That being said he still focuses a lot on track.


Have to agree and you have even missed some results. Though the track at the comm games has less competition than on the road imo. And about Cam's future, he made a comment on Bike Shorts that he would like to become a rider like Brad Wiggins or Michael Rogers. He was talking about just making the transition from the track to the road but I personally think that he is interested in becoming a guy who rides for overall in stage races and grand tours. I personally see a lot more in Bobridge than I do in Cam. Bobridge imo could become a cobbled classics rider and I personally think he will do very well.

btw, i met the australian road rider of the year today.:):):):)
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,326
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

08 Dec 2010 03:31

DAOTEC wrote:Cameron Meyer just elected Aussie rider of the year :confused:

Image


BTW, who's the girl in the middle of the picture?
ingsve: Winner of the 2011 CQ Ranking Manager Game.

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it” - Max Planck
User avatar ingsve
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,080
Joined: 12 Mar 2009 22:52
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

08 Dec 2010 03:35

ingsve wrote:BTW, who's the girl in the middle of the picture?


Josephine Tomic, Former omnium world champion.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,326
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

09 Dec 2010 00:05

auscyclefan94 wrote:Have to agree and you have even missed some results. Though the track at the comm games has less competition than on the road imo. And about Cam's future, he made a comment on Bike Shorts that he would like to become a rider like Brad Wiggins or Michael Rogers. He was talking about just making the transition from the track to the road but I personally think that he is interested in becoming a guy who rides for overall in stage races and grand tours. I personally see a lot more in Bobridge than I do in Cam. Bobridge imo could become a cobbled classics rider and I personally think he will do very well.

btw, i met the australian road rider of the year today.:):):):)


wow, sounds as a very good day for you!!

But to be honest: If Meyer wants to be like Wiggins and Rogers, road racing must be way bigger then track... If a multiple world champion wants to be a like an average weeklong stage racer or a guy who on a good day can win a TT if the best TT'ist in the world are not their, then track medals aren't that high valued...
Matthijs
Junior Member
 
Posts: 265
Joined: 25 Oct 2010 23:34

09 Dec 2010 01:49

Ben Gastauer (LUX/AG2R) will ride his first GT next year, the Giro; after having tackled Pais Basque and FW/AGR/LBL, among other things:

17-23 janvier : Tour de San Luis (Arg/cat 2.1)
9-13 février : Tour Méditerranéen (Fra/cat 2.1)
19-20 février : Tour du Haut-Var (Fra/cat 2.1)
26 février : GP Dell'Insubria-Lugano (Sui/cat 1.1)
27 février : Gp de Lugano (Sui/cat 1.1)
2 mars : Grand Prix Samyn (Bel/cat 1.1)
4-6 mars : Trois Jours de Flandre Occidentale (Bel/cat 2.1)
20 mars : Cholet - Pays de Loire (Fra/cat 1.1)
23 mars : À travers la Flandre (Bel/cat 1.1)
26 mars : GP E3 (Bel/1. HC)
2 avril : GP Indurain (Esp/cat 1.1)
4-9 avril : Tour du Pays basque (Esp/Pro Tour)
17 avril : Amstel Gold Race (PBS/Pro Tour)
20 avril : Flèche wallonne (Bel/Pro Tour)
24 avril : Liège-Bastogne-Liège (Bel/Pro Tour)
7-29 mai : Tour d'Italie

http://www.lequotidien.lu/les-sports/17869.html
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,937
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 15:46
Location: Sevilla

09 Dec 2010 11:42

Cadel's first race for 2011 will be Montepaschi Eroica (back to where he dominated at il giro) followed by Tirenno Adriatico.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,326
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

09 Dec 2010 13:40

Since Tuesday,


Fiorenzo Magni is 90 !! :cool:
Echoes
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,975
Joined: 08 Oct 2009 17:57

09 Dec 2010 20:52

No surprise tonight in the crowning of Luxembourg's sportsman of the year: Andy Schleck took the title with 477 votes, Fränk Schleck came in second with 247 votes, while Laurent Carnol (swimming) got third with 182 votes.

Women:

1. Marie Muller (Judo): 378 votes
2. Mandy Minella (Tennis): 353 votes
3. Ni Xia Lian (Table Tennis): 212 votes

http://www.wort.lu/wort/web/sport/artikel/2010/12/130274/xxx-ist-sportler-des-jahres.php

Since 2003, cyclists have dominated the vote: Kim Kirchen has won 5 times, Fränk Schleck once and now Andy Schleck twice. Junior ITT world champion Bob Jungels got the "Prix du jeune espoir", while the Organizers of the Tour de Luxembourg received a "Prix d'honneur"
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,937
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 15:46
Location: Sevilla

10 Dec 2010 10:29

Last night Graeme Brown got beaten by his fututre team mate Michael matthews. Sutton won with B Sulzberger in 2nd and Matthews in 3rd.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,326
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

10 Dec 2010 11:05

auscyclefan94 wrote:Last night Graeme Brown got beaten by his fututre team mate Michael matthews. Sutton won with B Sulzberger in 2nd and Matthews in 3rd.

Where? Some local crit race?
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

10 Dec 2010 11:10

theyoungest wrote:Where? Some local crit race?


NSW Grand Prix Cycling Series. The link to the race is generally the yellow ad on the side or the top of the forum pages. results in CN. Blaxland went to the race leg in bathurst.

Riders who are in it are Gerrans, Brown, B Sulzberger, Meyer, Bobridge, Hayman, Sutton, Matthews, Kersten, Dean, Wilson, Hunter, Henderson, Clancy and some decent local talent.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,326
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

10 Dec 2010 23:10

auscyclefan94 wrote:Have to agree and you have even missed some results. Though the track at the comm games has less competition than on the road imo. And about Cam's future, he made a comment on Bike Shorts that he would like to become a rider like Brad Wiggins or Michael Rogers. He was talking about just making the transition from the track to the road but I personally think that he is interested in becoming a guy who rides for overall in stage races and grand tours. I personally see a lot more in Bobridge than I do in Cam. Bobridge imo could become a cobbled classics rider and I personally think he will do very well.

btw, i met the australian road rider of the year today.:):):)


oh, your knees must hurt :p
but no, congrats must have been fantastic for you.
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,442
Joined: 22 Jun 2009 13:44
Location: Melbourne

10 Dec 2010 23:19

auscyclefan94 wrote:NSW Grand Prix Cycling Series. The link to the race is generally the yellow ad on the side or the top of the forum pages. results in CN. Blaxland went to the race leg in bathurst.

Riders who are in it are Gerrans, Brown, B Sulzberger, Meyer, Bobridge, Hayman, Sutton, Matthews, Kersten, Dean, Wilson, Hunter, Henderson, Clancy and some decent local talent.


Sutton won again today. Hoping eventually to have some bloody highlights when channel 9 decide to show them
TeamSkyFans
 

11 Dec 2010 01:42

Timmy-loves-Rabo wrote:oh, your knees must hurt :p
but no, congrats must have been fantastic for you.

Yes, it was great. Chiara (Cadel's wife) was also there.
TeamSkyFans wrote:Sutton won again today. Hoping eventually to have some bloody highlights when channel 9 decide to show them


You mean yesterday? Today's leg (4) has not started. Women's starts at 2pm.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,326
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

11 Dec 2010 17:08

DAOTEC wrote:new Katusha team bike

Image

Here’s a sneak peak at the beautiful new Focus Izalco that Pippo Pozzato and Team Katusha will be riding in 2011. I don’t know about you, but I hope they make it available to the public! Notice the co-sponsors–it looks like SRAM’s bagged another Pro Tour squad!


Delivered yesterday complete for 2011 in the CCCP colours. :eek:

Image
User avatar DAOTEC
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,083
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 10:19

12 Dec 2010 08:39

Not a fan that so many teams are going SRAM Red.
RIP Wouter Weylandt - 27 September 1984 – 9 May 2011.

RIP Xavier Tondó Volpini - 5 November 1978 – 23 May 2011

RIP John aka theswordsman - 2 July 1957 - 1 August 2011

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.
User avatar craig1985
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,316
Joined: 06 May 2009 09:55
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

12 Dec 2010 18:46

auscyclefan94 wrote:Yes, it was great. Chiara (Cadel's wife) was also there.


You mean yesterday? Today's leg (4) has not started. Women's starts at 2pm.


Highlights of the first four races on teamskyfans now. Race five tommorow. If crits is your thing. Wont give away the result
TeamSkyFans
 

12 Dec 2010 22:36

Sutton won the 5th race of the NSW Grand Prix and secured overall.

I went to Coogee & Cronulla races, about to look through my pics to see if I got any decent shots
User avatar NickBVK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 241
Joined: 30 Aug 2009 01:59
Location: Sydney, Australia

13 Dec 2010 04:54

New bikes for 2011

Image
User avatar NickBVK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 241
Joined: 30 Aug 2009 01:59
Location: Sydney, Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: burning and 18 guests

Back to top