Log in:  

Register

Filippo Pozzato's Katusha Ridley Damocles Pi

Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Filippo Pozzato's Katusha Ridley Damocles Pi

16 Apr 2009 04:13

Hey all,

We've had lots of e-mails over the past few months about Katusha's Ridleys, so James Huang managed to snag Filippo Pozzato's while wandering around Europe last week.

I hope you like it!

Cheers
Greg Johnson
Greg Johnson
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 03 Mar 2009 07:22
Location: Sydney

16 Apr 2009 05:40

The following Photo..... http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2009/tech/probikes/index.php?id=/photos/2009/tech/probikes/filippo_pozzato_katusha_ridley09/Pozzato_Damocles_tire_and_rim

looks as thought the rim is cracked. Is it the end of the sticker maybe?

Any thoughts.
jjrehrmann
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 16 Apr 2009 05:31

16 Apr 2009 05:57

Looks to me like it is just the sticker
User avatar Argon Man
Junior Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 04:22
Location: Geelong Australia

16 Apr 2009 21:54

The Ridley Damocles and Damocles Pi could quite possibly be the best deal out of all the bikes in the pro peloton. I'm considering one for next season.

Democoles $1800USD frame/fork
Democoles Pi $2300USD frame/fork
User avatar RDV4ROUBAIX
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,697
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 20:16
Location: Denver, Colorado

17 Apr 2009 00:39

RDV4ROUBAIX wrote:The Ridley Damocles and Damocles Pi could quite possibly be the best deal out of all the bikes in the pro peloton. I'm considering one for next season.

Democoles $1800USD frame/fork
Democoles Pi $2300USD frame/fork


http://www.rideblue.com/rc8.php

Probably made in the same place.
User avatar Pietro
Junior Member
 
Posts: 257
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 13:51

17 Apr 2009 00:56

Pietro, not even close. That RC8 has lugs dude. You might need glasses. The only thing they might have in common is Taiwan
User avatar RDV4ROUBAIX
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,697
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 20:16
Location: Denver, Colorado

17 Apr 2009 12:21

What makes you say that, Pietro? One's a monocoque 'sharp edge' and the other is lugged round tubes? I though that Ridley had their own factory. Or do they just paint their frames there and source overseas? Just wondering.
LugHugger
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,310
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 11:51

17 Apr 2009 12:34

LugHugger wrote:What makes you say that, Pietro? One's a monocoque 'sharp edge' and the other is lugged round tubes? I though that Ridley had their own factory. Or do they just paint their frames there and source overseas? Just wondering.


Well, they aren't made in Belgium. Most of the Asian-made carbon frames(and that's not a BAD thing), are made in a few Taiwanese or Chinese factories. Giant, Scott, Ridley, some Merckx's now, some Colnagos, Pinarellos, some Treks, lots of carbon made there. Well made, cuz most all well designed.
User avatar Pietro
Junior Member
 
Posts: 257
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 13:51

19 Apr 2009 16:24

Pietro is exactly right. Even top models that are made in house, the carbon is usually sourced from Asia. That Blue RC8 is freaking ugly though. Pietro you buzzkilled my Democoles fantasy!:eek:

LugHugger, read Chris King's article on Asia Mfg. http://chrisking.com/asiamfg

It will make you think twice about what you spend money on. When it comes to the Democoles I'm thinking strictly with my wiener:), but a great deal none the less. It's unfortunate that just about everything is made in Asia now by poorly paid workers who don't really care about high end bicycles and components. Not all, but most. Sorry James Huang, no disrespect intended.
User avatar RDV4ROUBAIX
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,697
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 20:16
Location: Denver, Colorado

19 Apr 2009 18:00

I got the damoceles and its a sweet ride stiff and yet comfy
forzamark
Junior Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Mar 2009 13:34

20 Apr 2009 10:57

RDV4ROUBAIX wrote:Pietro is exactly right. Even top models that are made in house, the carbon is usually sourced from Asia. That Blue RC8 is freaking ugly though. Pietro you buzzkilled my Democoles fantasy!:eek:

LugHugger, read Chris King's article on Asia Mfg. http://chrisking.com/asiamfg

It will make you think twice about what you spend money on. When it comes to the Democoles I'm thinking strictly with my wiener:), but a great deal none the less. It's unfortunate that just about everything is made in Asia now by poorly paid workers who don't really care about high end bicycles and components. Not all, but most. Sorry James Huang, no disrespect intended.


Makes me feel suitably self-righteous about ordering my enigma elite on saturday (http://www.enigmasteel.com/elite.html)
LugHugger
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,310
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 11:51


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to top