Log in:  

Register

Your local weather

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

03 Jun 2019 17:56

The Guardian had this story today about the wet conditions in the US Mid-West:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/03/so-much-land-under-so-much-water-extreme-flooding-is-drowning-parts-of-the-midwest

Here, in Flanders, after a dry 2017, a very dry 2018, 2019 has again been dry so far. And warm, though May was the first month below the average since March 2018.
User avatar Jagartrott
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,726
Joined: 15 Apr 2014 13:37

06 Jun 2019 09:10

Central Scotland has been depressing over the last few weeks, it’s rained a lot, we had 3 days there where is rained for 3 days solid, it’s bloody 2 weeks away from the summer solstice and you’d think it was March
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,865
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re:

06 Jun 2019 09:35

rick james wrote:Central Scotland has been depressing over the last few weeks, it’s rained a lot, we had 3 days there where is rained for 3 days solid, it’s bloody 2 weeks away from the summer solstice and you’d think it was March

When I cycled around Scotland in 1979 there was rain 17 days in a row. Beautiful though.
"This comment qualifies as a shining example of the "anyone who disagrees with my perspective is a dolt" leftist, intolerant mish-mash of shallow thinking." - Scott SoCal
User avatar frenchfry
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,370
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 14:28
Location: Bourgogne

Re: Re:

06 Jun 2019 10:12

frenchfry wrote:
rick james wrote:Central Scotland has been depressing over the last few weeks, it’s rained a lot, we had 3 days there where is rained for 3 days solid, it’s bloody 2 weeks away from the summer solstice and you’d think it was March

When I cycled around Scotland in 1979 there was rain 17 days in a row. Beautiful though.

Aye and I bet that was summer time
rick james
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,865
Joined: 02 Sep 2014 13:21
Location: Ecosse

Re: Re:

06 Jun 2019 11:51

rick james wrote:
frenchfry wrote:
rick james wrote:Central Scotland has been depressing over the last few weeks, it’s rained a lot, we had 3 days there where is rained for 3 days solid, it’s bloody 2 weeks away from the summer solstice and you’d think it was March

When I cycled around Scotland in 1979 there was rain 17 days in a row. Beautiful though.

Aye and I bet that was summer time

August. Summer in most of the northern hemisphere at least!
"This comment qualifies as a shining example of the "anyone who disagrees with my perspective is a dolt" leftist, intolerant mish-mash of shallow thinking." - Scott SoCal
User avatar frenchfry
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,370
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 14:28
Location: Bourgogne

14 Jun 2019 05:13

It’s been raining every day here for what seems like forever. At this point I’d just take a couple of dry days let alone sunny, warm weather. Last years hot summer seems a long time ago!
User avatar Pricey_sky
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,286
Joined: 12 Jul 2012 14:05
Location: Kidderminster, England

14 Jun 2019 06:39

We are getting April and March weather this week. Pretty grim but it wont last. June is normally a heatwave month.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle
Member
 
Posts: 1,503
Joined: 22 Dec 2017 16:46

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Back to top