Log in:  

Register

The Official LANCE ARMSTRONG Thread 2010-2011

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

06 Mar 2010 19:29

The topic here is Armstrong. Please stick with that.

Susan
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator
 
Posts: 8,430
Joined: 05 Mar 2009 14:18
Location: Germany

06 Mar 2010 19:34

Susan Westemeyer wrote:The topic here is Armstrong. Please stick with that.

Susan


That's hard to remember after 206 pages :D
progressor
Member
 
Posts: 397
Joined: 25 Aug 2009 10:46

06 Mar 2010 19:49

Who is Armstrong? The trolling has numbed me to the point of oblivion.

OH GOD I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER MY NAME ANYMORE
issoisso
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,149
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 16:52
Location: Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!.......or something...

06 Mar 2010 19:56

progressor wrote:That's hard to remember after 206 pages :D


52 pages if you edit your UserCP :)

Also, I am English, and a Bradley Wigans Fan, but that doesn't stop me from making cracks at him, and I give cracks at Armstorng cos he is a tool.

I think most people who have been here for any length of time (I lurked since May) are pretty much at the end of their tethers regarding that person. I think he has gone now. hopefully forever.
Joe Papp wrote:A friend told me Vino set-up a toilet paper manufacturing facility in his native country this spring, to produce "Vino Toilet Paper" for resale in the Central Asian market.

But there was a problem: it wouldn't take sh^t from anyone.
Big GMaC
Member
 
Posts: 1,594
Joined: 24 Nov 2009 21:07

06 Mar 2010 20:25

Mallorca Man wrote:And RaceRadio has insulted another user only today and is a legendary anti Armstrong fanatic that is always in a dust up. He has bragged about never being warned by the mods for his trolling.


Race Radio has called me a "troll" multiple times:(

You would think I would be used to it by now,
but no - it still hurts.

Internet Bully People need to be more polite I think.

But back on topic......I am finding the intense early season focus on Lance this year especially interesting. Back in the day, Lance could suck as late as June's Dauphiné Libéré and still not raise the level of concern/ridicule that we are seeing this year.

Can anyone recall the Lance Obsession Level EVER being THIS high SO early?
No complaints here, however - it is kind of fun.

But expect Old Geezer Lance to be a gracious loser come July. C'mon, the dude is almost 40 years old. The fact that people actualy think he has a shot at the podium - both fans and detracters - is a little over the top.
User avatar Polish
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,827
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 19:30

06 Mar 2010 21:07

Polish wrote:Race Radio has called me a "troll" multiple times:(

You would think I would be used to it by now,
but no - it still hurts.

Internet Bully People need to be more polite I think.

But back on topic......I am finding the intense early season focus on Lance this year especially interesting. Back in the day, Lance could suck as late as June's Dauphiné Libéré and still not raise the level of concern/ridicule that we are seeing this year.

Can anyone recall the Lance Obsession Level EVER being THIS high SO early?
No complaints here, however - it is kind of fun.

But expect Old Geezer Lance to be a gracious loser come July. C'mon, the dude is almost 40 years old. The fact that people actualy think he has a shot at the podium - both fans and detracters - is a little over the top.


As I said before your posting style puzzles me. but I disagree with one thing gracious
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
User avatar franciep10
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 12 Apr 2009 21:46
Location: Spain/USA

06 Mar 2010 23:35

He's suffering here:

Image

and looking old here:

Image

Though to be fair, I think it might have more to do with the camera's processor/color spectrum.

I'm still waiting for him to be better than last year because [insert reason] :rolleyes:
User avatar Publicus
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,448
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

06 Mar 2010 23:38

franciep10 wrote:As I said before your posting style puzzles me. but I disagree with one thing gracious


Really, you think Lance is a sore loser?
Maybe when he was very young and brash....
But for the last ten years at least - he has been gracious in defeat.

Here is what he tweeted about today's winner:

"And Rabon smoked the TT - very very impressive. Putting serious time into Menchov, Wiggins, and Klodi aint easy my friends. #class "
about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter
User avatar Polish
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,827
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 19:30

06 Mar 2010 23:41

Polish wrote:Really, you think Lance is a sore loser?
Maybe when he was very young and brash....
But for the last ten years at least - he has been gracious in defeat.

Here is what he tweeted about today's winner:

"And Rabon smoked the TT - very very impressive. Putting serious time into Menchov, Wiggins, and Klodi aint easy my friends. #class "
about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter


He's only lost the only race he considers important once in that ten year period and he was a petulant child from just before the Stage 1 ITT until Stage 21 in Paris.
User avatar Publicus
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,448
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

07 Mar 2010 00:07

Publicus wrote:He's only lost the only race he considers important once in that ten year period and he was a petulant child from just before the Stage 1 ITT until Stage 21 in Paris.


I am talking about Lance being gracious in defeat - not some 3 week long case of imaginary petulance. Petulant child? Are you sure you are not confusing Lance with Alberto? Alberto WAS sorta whiny last year IIRC.
User avatar Polish
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,827
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 19:30

07 Mar 2010 00:09

Polish wrote:I am talking about Lance being gracious in defeat - not some 3 week long case of imaginary petulance. Petulant child? Are you sure you are not confusing Lance with Alberto? Alberto WAS sorta whiny last year IIRC.


He wasn't gracious in the only defeat he's suffered in the last ten years. Petulant. Child.
User avatar Publicus
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,448
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

07 Mar 2010 00:10

Polish wrote:I am talking about Lance being gracious in defeat - not some 3 week long case of imaginary petulance. Petulant child? Are you sure you are not confusing Lance with Alberto? Alberto WAS sorta whiny last year IIRC.


Image

Gracious!
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,318
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:41
Location: Above 5000 feet

07 Mar 2010 00:18

BroDeal wrote:Image

Gracious!


The thing about that picture, what one needs to understand about that pic...

The last time Lance stood on that Podium, he was flanked by Basso & Jan.
Lance gave us the "Believe Speech" that day. Quite stirring I might add.

However, then came 2006 and Operation Puerto.
Basso, Jan, and even Alberto were implicated:(

I look at that picture from 2009 and I think -
****Lance no longer Believes****
Oh well...he will keep plugging along I suppose. He is a fighter.

But I still do not recall any comments after he lost that were not gracious....
User avatar Polish
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,827
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 19:30

07 Mar 2010 00:21

Polish wrote:The thing about that picture, what one needs to understand about that pic...

The last time Lance stood on that Podium, he was flanked by Basso & Jan.
Lance gave us the "Believe Speech" that day. Quite stirring I might add.

However, then came 2006 and Operation Puerto.
Basso, Jan, and even Alberto were implicated:(

I look at that picture from 2009 and I think -
****Lance no longer Believes****
Oh well...he will keep plugging along I suppose. He is a fighter.

But I still do not recall any comments after he lost that were not gracious....


Must be the livestrong mind block at work.
User avatar Publicus
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,448
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

07 Mar 2010 00:24

Polish wrote:The thing about that picture, what one needs to understand about that pic...

The last time Lance stood on that Podium, he was flanked by Basso & Jan.
Lance gave us the "Believe Speech" that day. Quite stirring I might add.

However, then came 2006 and Operation Puerto.
Basso, Jan, and even Alberto were implicated:(

I look at that picture from 2009 and I think -
****Lance no longer Believes****
Oh well...he will keep plugging along I suppose. He is a fighter.

But I still do not recall any comments after he lost that were not gracious....


What? Sorry, but you must be delusional. Did you forget about the whole twitter and media storm that LA released on AC during the TdF? Did you forget that LA skipped the victory dinner for AC? Did you forget the snide comments about AC afterwards in the media and twitter? Gracious my a$$.
"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill
User avatar elapid
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,418
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 13:10

07 Mar 2010 00:29

Polish wrote:Really, you think Lance is a sore loser?
Maybe when he was very young and brash....
But for the last ten years at least - he has been gracious in defeat.

Here is what he tweeted about today's winner:

"And Rabon smoked the TT - very very impressive. Putting serious time into Menchov, Wiggins, and Klodi aint easy my friends. #class "
about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter


There's one race that matters to him, and when it comes to the tour there is no grace as shown in bro deals pic
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
User avatar franciep10
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 12 Apr 2009 21:46
Location: Spain/USA

07 Mar 2010 00:31

elapid wrote:Did you forget that LA skipped the victory dinner for AC? Gracious my a$$.


Yes Lance DID skip Alberto's Victory Party. But c'mon, the choice was between spending time with his family and new sponsors OR going to a party where a drunken Contador dances around on table tops shooting people with his fingers. I mean c'mon.
User avatar Polish
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,827
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 19:30

07 Mar 2010 00:32

Polish wrote:Yes Lance DID skip Alberto's Victory Party. But c'mon, the choice was between spending time with his family and new sponsors OR going to a party where a drunken Contador dances around on table tops shooting people with his fingers. I mean c'mon.


Someone needs to remind the Boss that there is no I in team.
User avatar Publicus
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,448
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

07 Mar 2010 00:46

Publicus wrote:Someone needs to remind the Boss that there is no I in team.


Actually there IS an I....

The team party Lance attended was spelled R-A-D-I-O-S-H-A-C-K
User avatar Polish
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,827
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 19:30

07 Mar 2010 00:46

Publicus wrote:Someone needs to remind the Boss that there is no I in team.


well there is one in radio shack

Edit: damnit polish
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
User avatar franciep10
Member
 
Posts: 1,085
Joined: 12 Apr 2009 21:46
Location: Spain/USA

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Back to top