Log in:  

Register

International arrest warrant issued against Landis

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

International arrest warrant issued against Landis

15 Feb 2010 16:52

PARIS | Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:40am EST

PARIS (Reuters) - A French judge has issued an international arrest warrant against American rider Floyd Landis for suspected hacking into an anti-doping laboratory computer, French anti-doping agency head Pierre Bordry told Reuters on Monday. Read more >

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61E3R420100215?type=sportsNews



© [color="Red"]D[/color]oes[color="DarkGreen"]A[/color]nybody[color="DarkRed"]O[/color]ut[color="Blue"]T[/color]here[color="Purple"]E[/color]ven[color="DarkOrange"]C[/color]are
User avatar DAOTEC
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,083
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 10:19

15 Feb 2010 16:59

Interesting development. I guess the French don't want him back in the peloton. I wonder if we will see international arrest warrants in connection with the Astana transfusion equipment case before the Tour? Methinks not, but stranger things have happened.
User avatar Publicus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,781
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

15 Feb 2010 17:00

The dude is screwed. He should have dealt with this when the issue first surfaced. He could blame it on that idiot Arnie Baker.

FLandis' best bet is to come clean so he does not have to live under a cloud the rest of his life. He should describe the doping program at Postal in complete detail. The firestorm over Postal and Armstrong will deflect a lot of blame from himself.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,320
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:41
Location: Above 5000 feet

15 Feb 2010 17:02

What a week, Ricco dumps girlfriend, Landis wanted by the cops :D

They say things come in threes, whats next :eek:

BroDeal wrote:FLandis' best bet is to come clean so he does not have to live under a cloud the rest of his life. He should describe the doping program at Postal in complete detail. The firestorm over Postal and Armstrong will deflect a lot of blame from himself.


a rare +1
dimspace
 

15 Feb 2010 17:03

got a face for a freak character in a Lynch film

Image

Image

looks a little like Robert Blake who killed his wife

Image
`I'm Anna, [SIZE="4"]we're the Armstrongs[/SIZE], my husband's Lance, he was just driving maybe too fast around the corner or something,'
User avatar blackcat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,026
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

15 Feb 2010 17:03

dimspace wrote:What a week, Ricco dumps girlfriend, Landis wanted by the cops :D

They say things come in threes, whats next :eek:


How about that Aussie world pursuiter bloke who's been done for sleeping with under-age girls, or is he too low-profile to count?!
Hibbles
 

15 Feb 2010 17:04

Hibbles wrote:How about that Aussie world pursuiter bloke who's been done for sleeping with under-age girls, or is he too low-profile to count?!


Nah, needs to be bigger, funny, and ideally related to unrepentant dopers.
dimspace
 

15 Feb 2010 17:04

dimspace wrote:What a week, Ricco dumps girlfriend, Landis wanted by the cops :D

They say things come in threes, whats next :eek:


Back to the good old days of cycling. Drugs, bribes and Armstrong having his ex-drug-buddies kept quiet.
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

15 Feb 2010 17:05

Floyd and his idiot advisors played with fire, now they might get burned. Their righteous indignation didn't give them the right to engage in illegal activities.

His all or nothing strategy is having logical consequences, not that I expected him to want to vacation in France.
User avatar frenchfry
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,861
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 14:28
Location: Bourgogne

15 Feb 2010 17:07

blackcat wrote:got a face for a freak character in a Lynch film

Image

Image



With those glasses it's no wonder he couldn't tell a 6 from a 4 (reference to his manipulative power point presentation)
User avatar frenchfry
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,861
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 14:28
Location: Bourgogne

15 Feb 2010 17:07

What about Will Geoghegan, did he get off scot free?
`I'm Anna, [SIZE="4"]we're the Armstrongs[/SIZE], my husband's Lance, he was just driving maybe too fast around the corner or something,'
User avatar blackcat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,026
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 19:20

15 Feb 2010 17:08

dimspace wrote:Nah, needs to be bigger, funny, and ideally related to unrepentant dopers.


Ah, ok, something like Bruyneel trying to buy a new drug from a News of the World fake Sheik... I'll see what I can do.
Hibbles
 

15 Feb 2010 17:08

frenchfry wrote:Floyd and his idiot advisors played with fire, now they might get burned. Their righteous indignation didn't give them the right to engage in illegal activities.

His all or nothing strategy is having logical consequences, not that I expected him to want to vacation in France.


All those twitter threats about writing books and spilling the beans on the Hog has lead to warrent. The French should be able to get the juice from him. Look forward to the hearing after the FBI hand him over.
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

15 Feb 2010 17:10

thehog wrote:All those twitter threats about writing books and spilling the beans on the Hog has lead to warrent. The French should be able to get the juice from him. Look forward to the hearing after the FBI hand him over.


Ah, we can hope, we can hope. A LA-free Tour would be heaven.
Hibbles
 

15 Feb 2010 17:13

As it is the French may not have anything on FLandis without Baker, assuming that Baker handled the hacker and the documents. Under questioning FLandis can just say he does not know anything about it.

It is strange that Baker is not the one being sought.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,320
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:41
Location: Above 5000 feet

15 Feb 2010 17:17

BroDeal wrote:As it is the French may not have anything on FLandis without Baker, assuming that Baker handled the hacker and the documents. Under questioning FLandis can just say he does not know anything about it.

It is strange that Baker is not the one being sought.


You get the feeling that Floyd wished he never met Armstrong.

So funny that Sir Lance is pocketing 12 mill a year from just turning up to races and Landis is hiding under a friends sofa so the feds don't send him to a French prison!

In all honesty we jest but hacking is a very serious charge. Its 20 years.

Anything on Flandis's Twitter?
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

15 Feb 2010 17:18

BroDeal wrote:As it is the French may not have anything on FLandis without Baker, assuming that Baker handled the hacker and the documents. Under questioning FLandis can just say he does not know anything about it.

It is strange that Baker is not the one being sought.


Maybe it's a fishing expedition of sorts, hoping to get him to turn on Baker and/or spill more details about USPS. This is going to be an interesting year.
User avatar Publicus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,781
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

15 Feb 2010 17:22

The latest attention grabbing attempt by Inspector Bordry.

FrozenPeePee...ShowerGate....GarbageGate...
The guy is hilarious - but his antics are growing old.

Might actually get some backlash this time.
But at least Floyd will have some new material for "Positively False" second edition;)

http://www.totalbike.com/reviews/1416950230/BooksGeneral

"Positively False is at once a memoir and a powerful indictment of the unchecked governing bodies of cycling that have compromised theintegrity of the sport as a whole.
.
.
.
User avatar Polish
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,827
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 19:30

15 Feb 2010 17:23

Greg LeMond is having quite a month.
Bicicleta
Junior Member
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 26 Jan 2010 17:55

15 Feb 2010 17:25

[SIZE="5"]He's so fvcked[/SIZE]
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
User avatar hfer07
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,294
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 15:43

Next

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Basthebike, Dazed and Confused, Hugo Koblet, kingoftheoverpasses, rghysens, stetre76 and 17 guests

Back to top