Register

Cobbled classics + MSR preview/predictions

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, peloton, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

Paris roubaix winner

Poll ended at 12 Apr 2010 04:15

Haussler/Hushovd
7%
Pozzato
7%
Ballan/Hincapie/Burghardt
No votes
O'Grady/Cancellara/Breschel
22%
Hoste/van avermaet/gilbert
No votes
maaskant/vansummeren
No votes
Boonen/devolder/chavanel
44%
EBH/Flecha
11%
Nuyens
No votes
Other
7%

Total votes : 27

Cobbled classics + MSR preview/predictions

13 Mar 2010 04:09

Please tip your winners (for listed races) and/or what you think will happen during the classics? Who will be successful? Who will surprise and who will suck?
Maps/profiles
Milan San Remo
Gent Wevelgem

Ronde van Vlaanderen
RVV map

Paris Roubaix
(can't find one yet)
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Veteran

Here's the PR map

13 Mar 2010 11:06

philcrisp

13 Mar 2010 17:08

My (unrealistic) wishful thinking..

MSR - Gilbert
Ronde - Gilbert
G-W - Van Summeren/Breschel
P-R - Chavanel

Hope Gilbert can pick up one of those anyway. I reckon he could hold an attack over MSR's last hill. Maybe Chavanel can get top 5 if he's lucky in Roubaix, maybe top 3 if he gets in the right break. QST 1-2-3? :p

Still, it's pretty useless guessing until we have the full startlists, and even then...

I think that, realistically, Boonen or Devolder will win at least one of Ronde & Roubaix between them.
User avatar luckyboy
Veteran

13 Mar 2010 17:23

My picks:

Boonen: MSR and P-R

Cancellara: Flanders

Hincapie's bike will break in half on the P-R cobbles and he'll ride the front wheel like a unicycle, just missing the podium.

Hoste will get out-sprinted for second at Flanders by a kid on a tricycle who wandered on the course by mistake.
User avatar Wallace

13 Mar 2010 22:12

MSR Boonen (in good form and cav is bad atm)

PR: Pozzato

RVV:Ballan (think he's getting some good form)

Gent: Devolder
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Veteran

14 Mar 2010 00:13

San Remo: Gilbert (Hagen to come a close second, followed by Boonen)
Gent: Pozzato (easily wins against Haussler and Hushovd)
Flanders: Boonen (not letting teammate Devolder take another one, Chavanel and Cancellara to round out podium)
Roubaix: Cancellara (big fella is back and ready after missing out on Flanders, Hushovd and Boonen close behind)

What's the poll for? Just Roubaix? It's very confusing.. maybe you need a poll for each of the monuments?
User avatar Inner Peace

14 Mar 2010 00:51

Inner Peace wrote:What's the poll for? Just Roubaix? It's very confusing.. maybe you need a poll for each of the monuments?

I know it's a little early but who do you guys tip in the Ardennes this year? Going on current form of course.

I think that Peter Sagan may surprise a few people and the Schleck boys are targeting these races again this year.
How to ride like a Tour champion!

proof noun (SHOWING TRUTH)

B2 [C or U] a fact or piece of information that shows that something exists or is true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...ritish/proof_1

evidence noun [U] uk /ˈev.ɪ.dəns/ us

B2 one or more reasons for believing that something is or is not true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...itish/evidence
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Return to Professional road racing