Log in:  

Register

2010 Tour of the Gila

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

29 Apr 2010 19:36

Why does Tommy D. always look like a non-dedicated club racer? Aside from looking like he could lose 3 - 4 kilos, he doesn't even look like he has a tan.

Image
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,320
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:41
Location: Above 5000 feet

29 Apr 2010 19:37

thehog wrote:Yes Pediodization.

Its simple.

Phase 1: Finish Top 20 in a Charity race in South Africa. Phase 2: Get dropped on first climb in first European race. Phase 3: Drop out of next Euro race. Phase 4: Get sick Phase 5: Get pummelled by supposed nearest competitor in next European race. Phase 6: Get Sick. Phase 7: return home. Phase 8: Do some training on non-specific course. Phase 9: Enter low-key semi-pro race and finish 21st. Phase 10: Win Tour de France.


You left out the steps to stock up on blood.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,320
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:41
Location: Above 5000 feet

29 Apr 2010 19:45

thehog wrote:Yes Pediodization.

Its simple.

Phase 1: Finish Top 20 in a Charity race in South Africa. Phase 2: Get dropped on first climb in first European race. Phase 3: Drop out of next Euro race. Phase 4: Get sick Phase 5: Get pummelled by supposed nearest competitor in next European race. Phase 6: Get Sick. Phase 7: return home. Phase 8: Do some training on non-specific course. Phase 9: Enter low-key semi-pro race and finish 21st. Phase 10: Win Tour de France.


I think you forgot a Phase: Finish 26th in next race and declare yourself fit (after Phase 5 but before Phase 6).
User avatar Publicus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,949
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

29 Apr 2010 19:59

thehog wrote:Yes Pediodization


Isn't that reserved for catholic priests?
The gain is again a seven second gain for EvGAINy Berzin - Phil Liggett
issoisso
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,150
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 16:52
Location: Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!.......or something...

29 Apr 2010 20:38

theyoungest wrote:Nothing wrong with the left one, as far as I'm concerned.


Nothing wrong with the right one either, really.
Sure, its kind of squished - but she is just being friendly thats all....

Image
User avatar Polish
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,827
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 19:30

29 Apr 2010 21:10

Never more has the south park episode about the underwear gnomes been more applicable then professional cycling

Step 1- tour of the gila

Step 2- ?

Step 3- profit


(some will get this most will not)
amp300
Junior Member
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 13 May 2009 15:25
Location: Behind a vuvuzela

29 Apr 2010 21:23

Today's stage was epic. Some serious suffering.
I've never felt wind like that. Probably 50mph gusts.

If the wind lasts, this could have some serious implications for the TT tomorrow.
User avatar Moose McKnuckles
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,314
Joined: 07 Nov 2009 05:48

29 Apr 2010 22:40

Publicus wrote:I think you forgot a Phase: Finish 26th in next race and declare yourself fit (after Phase 5 but before Phase 6).


Phase 5C) Head for the hills with tail between legs when King Kong Contador decides to race alongside you at the Ardennes Classics.

Because training in Aspen and racing the Tour of Gila against Tom Danielson and 'Roid Floyd Landis is always preferable for Tour preparation than racing against top-notch European competition.

It's April-really May already-and he's back to looking bloated. Quite a turnaround from the Tour of Flanders, where he looked like he had emergency liposuction.

By the way, white doesn't make you look fat-FAT does.

Image
User avatar Berzin
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,900
Joined: 06 Aug 2009 17:42

29 Apr 2010 23:28

amp300 wrote:Never more has the south park episode about the underwear gnomes been more applicable then professional cycling

Step 1- tour of the gila

Step 2- ?

Step 3- profit


(some will get this most will not)


lol I was thinking the same thing
User avatar El Oso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 16 Apr 2009 23:01
Location: California

29 Apr 2010 23:29

Berzin wrote:Phase 5C) Head for the hills with tail between legs when King Kong Contador decides to race alongside you at the Ardennes Classics.

Because training in Aspen and racing the Tour of Gila against Tom Danielson and 'Roid Floyd Landis is always preferable for Tour preparation than racing against top-notch European competition.

It's April-really May already-and he's back to looking bloated. Quite a turnaround from the Tour of Flanders, where he looked like he had emergency liposuction.

By the way, white doesn't make you look fat-FAT does.

Image


His chest has some girth but his legs are skinny
User avatar El Oso
Junior Member
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 16 Apr 2009 23:01
Location: California

29 Apr 2010 23:46

El Oso wrote:lol I was thinking the same thing


Yes! I knew someone would!
amp300
Junior Member
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 13 May 2009 15:25
Location: Behind a vuvuzela

Ardennes classics

30 Apr 2010 00:24

Berzin wrote:Phase 5C) Head for the hills with tail between legs when King Kong Contador decides to race alongside you at the Ardennes Classics.


@Berzin - You might want to check the past results for the Ardennes classics.

LA =
AGR 2nd, 2nd
FW 1st, 2nd
LBL 2nd, 2nd
Joey_J
Junior Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: 01 Aug 2009 11:08

30 Apr 2010 00:47

Great photo. Check out the guy next to him. Lance has his race face on and the bloke next to him looks like a weekend sportive rider and is smiling!

Tour de Gila. Great Prep. Contador must be ****ting himself.

Berzin wrote:Phase 5C) Head for the hills with tail between legs when King Kong Contador decides to race alongside you at the Ardennes Classics.

Because training in Aspen and racing the Tour of Gila against Tom Danielson and 'Roid Floyd Landis is always preferable for Tour preparation than racing against top-notch European competition.

It's April-really May already-and he's back to looking bloated. Quite a turnaround from the Tour of Flanders, where he looked like he had emergency liposuction.

By the way, white doesn't make you look fat-FAT does.

Image
User avatar thehog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,686
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

30 Apr 2010 01:33

Joey_J wrote:@Berzin - You might want to check the past results for the Ardennes classics.

LA =
AGR 2nd, 2nd
FW 1st, 2nd
LBL 2nd, 2nd


I'm well aware of those results. And, how many years ago was that? My question to YOU, and I doubt you'll answer, is what do those old results have to do with THIS YEAR?

There was no reason for him to drop out of the Ardennes Classics this year. He wasn't sick or injured.

He dropped out for no reason other than he was concerned about being disgraced by Contador.

Unlike the Tour of Australia, where he shows up and the press is positive and fawning because his presence adds prestige, Fleche and Leige are great races in their own right.

They don't need the star power of a fading, aging rider to legitimize their status.

So Armstrong had nothing to gain by showing up. He did not want to deal with the press actually doing their jobs and questioning his form against direct rivals, all of whom have shown profoundly better legs than he so far.

At the Tour of Gila, the American press will not question him. They are too busy trying to get access to him.


Just listen to the Velonews idiot interviewing Armstrong. Whoever that reporter is, he makes me sick. The worse part was when Lance says he's never ridden in wind that bad, and some fool from the side says, "REALLY"?

I thought to myself, "Really? this moron went to journalism school?"

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid28343239001?bctid=82098004001
User avatar Berzin
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,900
Joined: 06 Aug 2009 17:42

30 Apr 2010 01:35

Joey_J wrote:@Berzin - You might want to check the past results for the Ardennes classics.

LA =
AGR 2nd, 2nd
FW 1st, 2nd
LBL 2nd, 2nd



I assume you know it's 2010. That he decided not race against AC in this year. The fact that he raced in the past is irrelevant.
User avatar Publicus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,949
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

30 Apr 2010 01:36

thehog wrote:Great photo. Check out the guy next to him. Lance has his race face on and the bloke next to him looks like a weekend sportive rider and is smiling!

Tour de Gila. Great Prep. Contador must be ****ting himself.


Seriously Hog, Contador is not too concerned about Armstrong.
Contador does not need to be concerned about Armstrong lol.

Contador needs to be concerned with the other riders - and only slightly concerned at that. He truly is a level above all others. Multi levels above.

BTW, when will Contador announce his plans to stay with Astana. If he plans to stay, I would expect an announcenment BEFORE the TdF begins. Good for Team Spirit.

If Contador has plans to leave Astana, it would be best to keep that a secret until AFTER the TdF. Could HURT esprit de corps.....
User avatar Polish
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,827
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 19:30

30 Apr 2010 01:49

thehog wrote:Great photo. Check out the guy next to him. Lance has his race face on and the bloke next to him looks like a weekend sportive rider and is smiling!

Tour de Gila. Great Prep. Contador must be ****ting himself.


Looks like a guy called Mike Olheiser - who could probably fart more wattage in his sleep than you could ever dream of pedaling. Also, he's grimacing.

Some of you clowns (sorry, I usually try not to name call) have no clue how much talent is out on those roads this week.
Kungfu Supercomputer
Junior Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Apr 2010 20:30
Location: Maldives

30 Apr 2010 01:57

Kungfu Supercomputer wrote:Looks like a guy called Mike Olheiser - who could probably fart more wattage in his sleep than you could ever dream of pedaling. Also, he's grimacing.

Some of you clowns (sorry, I usually try not to name call) have no clue how much talent is out on those roads this week.


Is there a Pro Tour race in Maldives this week? It's not listed anywhere, so you are correct that we have no clue how much talent are on your roads.



I spy....:rolleyes:
User avatar Publicus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,949
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

30 Apr 2010 02:02

In all fairness, this is a solid field. I don't necessarily think it's fair to slam Armstrong's performance here. There was a lot of suffering out on the roads today.

Most of you probably don't know this, but after the race was finished, the police closed down the same highway used in the race because of high winds. They wouldn't even let auto traffic on there, and all categories raced on those same roads today. Wind gusts up to 65 mph.

This isn't an easy race, and I think a lot of people are motivated to put the wood to Armstrong. You guys know I'm not a Lance fan at all, but let's not bash the guy unfairly.
User avatar Moose McKnuckles
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,314
Joined: 07 Nov 2009 05:48

30 Apr 2010 02:11

Publicus wrote:Is there a Pro Tour race in Maldives this week? It's not listed anywhere, so you are correct that we have no clue how much talent are on your roads.



I spy....:rolleyes:


huh? On "my" roads? read again PUBIC-US.

Do you think I'm native Maldivelovian because I live there on the internet?
Kungfu Supercomputer
Junior Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Apr 2010 20:30
Location: Maldives

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andro, archa55, Asero831, blackmamba, BlackWhiteEagle, BlurryVII, Carols, cellardoor, classicomano, concorde, DenisMenchov, deValtos, Eagle, eightace, elfed68, Fernandez, Finn84, fungusbear, Geraint Too Fast, Gloin22, Google Adsense [Bot], HelloDolly, irondan, Koba80, LaFlorecita, mitosys, mortand, Punkan, razvan_b11, Rollthedice, SGarmin, Slaav, Squirbos_19, the sceptic, Velolover2, Wiggo Warrior and 137 guests

Back to top