Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

13 Aug 2018 17:16

I feel like Moderators are at time a bit too sensitive in imposing bans. I know there are some rules, but what is the point in having rules if we won't have that many members in the long run.

It looks like everyone else is posting in the articles forums. An that one is free format, free topic free opinion. So it gets a lot of participation.

Just saying!
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

Re:

13 Aug 2018 20:16

Escarabajo wrote:I feel like Moderators are at time a bit too sensitive in imposing bans. I know there are some rules, but what is the point in having rules if we won't have that many members in the long run.

It looks like everyone else is posting in the articles forums. An that one is free format, free topic free opinion. So it gets a lot of participation.

Just saying!
do you mean the main cn site article feedback ? asking b/c i would not know as i personally do not get the cycling racing news on the cn anymore...if so, THAT's WHERE the site management wants the clicks.

that said, not that i disagree with the net effect you expressed, i dont think the forum mods have anything to do with the phenomena you are concerned. i mean the moderating effects seems to vary from a mod to mod despite the same rules....and you'll routinely hear the standard mantra. but i posted here to not revamp the old stuff, but to basically state that the forum lives its own dynamic understandably different from the reader feedback.

i dont care for the main cn site and are increasingly passive towards the forum....in part, due to the reasons you expressed.
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

27 Aug 2018 02:48

So much for libertarians and no need of moderation. As extrapolated to some fuzzy awareness of govt.

Hard to be consistent and principled.
aphronesis
Veteran

Re: Moderators

02 Sep 2018 21:43

I haven't really posted a whole lot in the forum over the last few months, though I do still like to read and keep up sometimes and I just noticed ScottSoCal was permabanned as requested by user?

He himself requested to be permabanned or?
BullsFan22

Re: Moderators

03 Sep 2018 05:12

BullsFan22 wrote:I haven't really posted a whole lot in the forum over the last few months, though I do still like to read and keep up sometimes and I just noticed ScottSoCal was permabanned as requested by user?

He himself requested to be permabanned or?

Yes.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator

Previous

Return to About the forum