Log in:  

Register

Rujano back in business

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Dec 2012 12:09

you have literally nothing to add, to this discussion, except kissing his *** because you can't stand me. very mature as usual and of course without any arguments as you know nothing of this matter
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,578
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

11 Dec 2012 12:20

Ryo Hazuki wrote:you have literally nothing to add, to this discussion, except kissing his *** because you can't stand me. very mature as usual and of course without any arguments as you know nothing of this matter
Stop polluting the forum and insulting people. :mad:
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,598
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

11 Dec 2012 12:35

cineteq wrote:Stop polluting the forum and insulting people. :mad:


Maybe you should take some of your own advice:rolleyes:
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 27,087
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

11 Dec 2012 13:17

The Hitch wrote:Maybe you should take some of your own advice:rolleyes:


With Ryo you get the idea that he thinks "idiot" means everyone that isn't Colombian or Venezuelan.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

11 Dec 2012 13:20

El Pistolero wrote:With Ryo you get the idea that he thinks "idiot" means everyone that isn't Colombian or Venezuelan.
You're on the right track.

The Hitch wrote:Maybe you should take some of your own advice:rolleyes:
Glad you took exception, I was thinking of you as well when I wrote it. :D
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,598
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

10 Jan 2013 22:46

Rujano playing Savio via twitter addressing his complain to a Venezuelan minister (Héctor Rodriguez) and the president of the cycling federation (Artemio Leonett). He claims Savio owes him 135k euros.

@elcondorruyano. “De verdad no sé qué piensa mi país, qué piensan de darle dinero a Gianni Savio (director técnico de Androni), aún me debe 135.000 euros, y no me quiere pagar. ¿Qué pensará el ministro del Deporte (Héctor Rodríguez) y Artemio Leonett, presidente de la Federación de Ciclismo, o acaso yo no he sacado a mi país adelante?”.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=58503
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,598
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

10 Jan 2013 23:01

Why is Rujano hailed as such an immense talent? Did he ever put 5 minutes into Contador or something?
"It is going to be very scary." - Tom Boonen*
User avatar Panda Claws
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,066
Joined: 29 Aug 2011 21:00

10 Jan 2013 23:19

Panda Claws wrote:Why is Rujano hailed as such an immense talent? Did he ever put 5 minutes into Contador or something?

No, but he was ill and had a cold and a cough and a headache and his bike wasnt right and he wasnt really trying and he was just testing himself, and didnt know where the finish line was and STILL he stayed with Contador on 2 mountains :p

Oh, and he was only using the Giro to build up form for the Vuelta a Venezuela

Anyway there are only 2 people who hail Rujano as a immense talent. 1 is cycling fan and UFC fighter Gerrit Jan from the Netherlands.

The other is Jose Rujano from Venezuela.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 27,087
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

11 Jan 2013 02:38

Ah so you need to put 5 minutes into a once in a generation stage racer to be a talent.
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,776
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

11 Jan 2013 06:54

Ferminal wrote:Ah so you need to put 5 minutes into a once in a generation stage racer to be a talent.


To live up to Ryo's hype, you better be close to my hyperbole yes.
"It is going to be very scary." - Tom Boonen*
User avatar Panda Claws
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,066
Joined: 29 Aug 2011 21:00

11 Jan 2013 07:12

Panda Claws wrote:Why is Rujano hailed as such an immense talent? Did he ever put 5 minutes into Contador or something?


His physical talent is huge, that's pretty much it. It's his size that hurt him during most GT's. Keeping up with Contador is all he can do with a relatively heavier bike(fixed bike weight), and he has a very high risk of getting ill. He's surely the only one who's kept Contador's wheel when he's at his best.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,182
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

11 Jan 2013 08:35

Pentacycle wrote:His physical talent is huge, that's pretty much it. It's his size that hurt him during most GT's. Keeping up with Contador is all he can do with a relatively heavier bike(fixed bike weight), and he has a very high risk of getting ill. He's surely the only one who's kept Contador's wheel when he's at his best.


I hope he won't be only one in 2 years time,Quintana will be the second i hope:cool:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,202
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

11 Jan 2013 08:59

Pentacycle wrote:His physical talent is huge, that's pretty much it. It's his size that hurt him during most GT's. Keeping up with Contador is all he can do with a relatively heavier bike(fixed bike weight), and he has a very high risk of getting ill. He's surely the only one who's kept Contador's wheel when he's at his best.

As did Steven Kruijswijk :p

I'm not sure we saw Contador at his very best during that Giro, surely not better than when Andy Schleck held his wheel the year before?
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

11 Jan 2013 09:48

theyoungest wrote:As did Steven Kruijswijk :p

I'm not sure we saw Contador at his very best during that Giro, surely not better than when Andy Schleck held his wheel the year before?


Contador was at his best in the Giro 2011, and certainly on the Etna. He couldn't drop Rujano until he sprinted away in the last km. And don't start about Kruijswijk, he dropped like a stone after he followed Contador and you know it. :D By that logic Gesink followed Contador on the Cauberg etc. Even Cavendish can hold his wheel a few hundred meters.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,182
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

11 Jan 2013 09:58

Pentacycle wrote:Contador was at his best in the Giro 2011, and certainly on the Etna. He couldn't drop Rujano until he sprinted away in the last km. And don't start about Kruijswijk, he dropped like a stone after he followed Contador and you know it. :D By that logic Gesink followed Contador on the Cauberg etc. Even Cavendish can hold his wheel a few hundred meters.

Rujano himself lost about a minute to Contador on the finish line on that Gardeccia stage...

I'm just sayin', it's not about managing to follow him for a while, it was Contador who won that Giro and Rujano who got nowhere close. On the Etna stage, Rujano already was off the front. What's hard for most people to follow is his first attack, once he settles into a tempo it's not that bad... and that's when Rujano could latch on.

Contador was just showboating his way through that Giro, in the Tour the year before he was really pushed to the edge.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

11 Jan 2013 10:20

theyoungest wrote:Rujano himself lost about a minute to Contador on the finish line on that Gardeccia stage...

I'm just sayin', it's not about managing to follow him for a while, it was Contador who won that Giro and Rujano who got nowhere close. On the Etna stage, Rujano already was off the front. What's hard for most people to follow is his first attack, once he settles into a tempo it's not that bad... and that's when Rujano could latch on.

Contador was just showboating his way through that Giro, in the Tour the year before he was really pushed to the edge.


Rujano wasn't consistent that Giro, but he still had a few good days. You might not remember it but Scarponi acually was on Contador's wheel after his first attack. When they reached Rujano together Contador again attacked causing Scarponi to explode. However Rujano was able to follow him.

Btw Contador wasn't showboating in 2011 Giro. He was outclassed by Anton on the Angliru on a bad day of his, both Contador and Rujano are worse in bad weather conditions. Everyone including the pink jersey had to give it all in that race.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,182
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

11 Jan 2013 10:28

Pentacycle wrote:Btw Contador wasn't showboating in 2011 Giro. He was outclassed by Anton on the Angliru on a bad day of his,

O.o
you mean Zoncolan don't you?

if you do,
Contador wasn't really outclassed by anyone. He just followed Nibali and let Anton take his win.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,085
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

11 Jan 2013 10:48

Eshnar wrote:O.o
you mean Zoncolan don't you?

if you do,
Contador wasn't really outclassed by anyone. He just followed Nibali and let Anton take his win.


Contador was suffering on the Zoncolan. I think Anton could have taken the stage regardless of the GC situation.

Nibali clawed back to him (twice I think), on a good day AC would have maintained the gap.
uphillstruggle
Junior Member
 
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 19:31

11 Jan 2013 11:02

Eshnar wrote:O.o
you mean Zoncolan don't you?

if you do,
Contador wasn't really outclassed by anyone. He just followed Nibali and let Anton take his win.


Of course I meant the Zoncolan, so confusing :o

He let Rujano win on Grossglockner, while Anton was clearly the strongest when he won. Contador would've never won on the Zoncolan and he knew it. That's why he didn't bother trying to close the gap in the last km.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,182
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

11 Jan 2013 11:06

Pentacycle wrote:Rujano wasn't consistent that Giro, but he still had a few good days. You might not remember it but Scarponi acually was on Contador's wheel after his first attack. When they reached Rujano together Contador again attacked causing Scarponi to explode. However Rujano was able to follow him.

Btw Contador wasn't showboating in 2011 Giro. He was outclassed by Anton on the Angliru on a bad day of his, both Contador and Rujano are worse in bad weather conditions. Everyone including the pink jersey had to give it all in that race.

I mostly remember Contador policing Nibali on that stage. And come on, he won that Giro with an immense gap, causing him to take the last few stages off and just see what the others could do to drop him (nothing, as it turned out).
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cookster15, HelloDolly, Hemlock, hmronnow, Jakob747, LaFlorecita, Orbit501, PunchingRouleur, Rollthedice, Ruby United, Taxus4a and 82 guests

Back to top