Log in:  

Register

Rujano back in business

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Jan 2013 16:49

Flamin wrote:Savio saying that Rujano made up the mononucleosis thing in il Giro? :o

edit: "Alegó una mononucleosis en el Giro de Italia 2012 y lo abandonó. Fue falso ese problema de salud."


savio has admitted already back in june that rujano indeed had mono in his blood, however he said it wasn't bad enough to retire from the race...:o what an idiot. if you ever had that disease you know it will come back to haunt you months later once you start reaching top condition. sometimes the original mono is not even noticable until much later that you've had it and are hampered by it.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

11 Jan 2013 16:56

The Hitch wrote:
Its more.probable that contador saw the sheer brutality of zoncolan and the persistence of Conegliano - Gardeccia Val di Fassa as the 2 biggest obstacles to a race win. Because he had 3 minutes on nibali already so cracking was the only way he could lose the title. Especially since he has since said zoncolan is the hardest in the world. So he just rode it easy making sure he stayed near the guy who was closest to him on gc while letting anton take the win

Very similar to bola this year where he just took a steep back knowing he had 2 to play with for the brutal final 3k.


Your view of Contador borders on the delusional. He was not taking it easy on the Zoncolan he was suffering like a dog. Look at how he is sitting on his saddle - that's where the expression on the rivet comes from! Why would he attack Nibali if he was worried about cracking?

Sure Contador is the best climber and stage racer of the current crop by some margin but it's not like he doesn't have to try, or can't be dropped by other top class pro riders. And as for Bola, when have you ever seen contador willing let his rivals ride away from him?
uphillstruggle
Junior Member
 
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 19:31

11 Jan 2013 17:06

Pentacycle wrote:Contador doesn't care about stages when he's in the lead? Well, this is certainly Contador winning a stage in a leader's jersey. And then there's the 2009 TdF TT and 2011 Giro MTT, where he would've easily won the GC even if he lost a minute or two. Contador certainly cares about stages, he would never gift someone victory on the Zoncolan.


Umm they were both tts and Contador always tries his hardest in tts because theres no opponent to look to or follow you just do your best. Besides he sees himself as a tt specialist thats why he peaks for tts rather than road race in 2008 Beijing and 2012 Valkenberg. Contador has said Annency was the best victory of his life. tts he simply goes out as hard aT

the only stage Contador won in the leaders jersey that was not a tt was Angliru 2008.

If Contador cares about stages why did he put his breaks on in Le Grand Bornard so that Frank could win.
WHy didnt he contest the stage win on Tourmalet?
Why did he give Rujano Grosglockner?
why did he give Tiralongo Macanuga?

At the end of the day the only argument you have presented for how you know Contador "wanted" Zoncolan and that he tried his hardest is- because i can read his mind.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,977
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

11 Jan 2013 17:21

Ryo Hazuki wrote:savio has admitted already back in june that rujano indeed had mono in his blood, however he said it wasn't bad enough to retire from the race...:o what an idiot. if you ever had that disease you know it will come back to haunt you months later once you start reaching top condition. sometimes the original mono is not even noticable until much later that you've had it and are hampered by it.
Dr. Ryo knock yourself out, read below. :D

Flamin wrote:Savio saying that Rujano made up the mononucleosis thing in il Giro? :o

edit: "Alegó una mononucleosis en el Giro de Italia 2012 y lo abandonó. Fue falso ese problema de salud."
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

11 Jan 2013 17:37

uphillstruggle wrote:Your view of Contador borders on the delusional. He was not taking it easy on the Zoncolan he was suffering like a dog. Look at how he is sitting on his saddle - that's where the expression on the rivet comes from! Why would he attack Nibali if he was worried about cracking?
?


Why would he attack Nibali if he was "suffering like a dog"?


Sure Contador is the best climber and stage racer of the current crop by some margin but it's not like he doesn't have to try, or can't be dropped by other top class pro riders


No one is disputing he can be dropped. By Schleck, Purito, maybe even Froome. But that he, on the form of his lie is suddenly physically unable to stick with a not on top form Igor Anton, when for 3 mountain stages before and 3 mountain stages after he is the strongest gc candidate, its up for dispute to say the least.

. And as for Bola, when have you ever seen contador willing let his rivals ride away from him


He said immediately after the stage that he knew he had 2 minutes to play with so took it easier to enjoy the final km and in particular the crowds.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,977
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

11 Jan 2013 17:58

The Hitch wrote:No one is disputing he can be dropped. By Schleck, Purito, maybe even Froome. But that he, on the form of his lie is suddenly physically unable to stick with a not on top form Igor Anton, when for 3 mountain stages before and 3 mountain stages after he is the strongest gc candidate, its up for dispute to say the least.

He said immediately after the stage that he knew he had 2 minutes to play with so took it easier to enjoy the final km and in particular the crowds.


He was on great form that Giro but form shifts day to day. You only need to watch racing or ride a bike pretty seriously to know that. After AC's exertions on Etna and Grossglockner it's not impossible he was paying for his efforts. That was my conclusion anyway. Maybe he wasn't suffering as much as I though (hence him attacking Nibali) but he wasn't comfortable that's for sure.

As for Bola AC never just says he got dropped fair and square. As much as I like him as a rider he does have the odd excuse up his sleeve. I for one don't buy that he had hunger knock on Galibier for example, he just didn't look comfortable that day.
uphillstruggle
Junior Member
 
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 19:31

11 Jan 2013 18:14

uphillstruggle wrote:Your view of Contador borders on the delusional. He was not taking it easy on the Zoncolan he was suffering like a dog. Look at how he is sitting on his saddle - that's where the expression on the rivet comes from! Why would he attack Nibali if he was worried about cracking?

Sure Contador is the best climber and stage racer of the current crop by some margin but it's not like he doesn't have to try, or can't be dropped by other top class pro riders. And as for Bola, when have you ever seen contador willing let his rivals ride away from him?

Contador attacked in the last K, let Nibali get back, and attacked again. Nibali was complaining that Contador showed a lack of respect for him. Nibali felt like he was played with. You don't feel like that when the pink jersey was suffering like a dog in your wheel.

I think he was afraid of blowing up, he didn't need to take risks, so he played it safe
Red Rick
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,086
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: The Netherlands

11 Jan 2013 21:14

Do you understand that even form of life doesn't allow to feel absolute vulnerability during the entire race? :o
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

11 Jan 2013 21:25

airstream wrote:Do you understand that even form of life doesn't allow to feel absolute vulnerability during the entire race? :o


No, I honestly don't understand.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,977
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

11 Jan 2013 21:47

The Hitch wrote:Umm they were both tts and Contador always tries his hardest in tts because theres no opponent to look to or follow you just do your best. Besides he sees himself as a tt specialist thats why he peaks for tts rather than road race in 2008 Beijing and 2012 Valkenberg. Contador has said Annency was the best victory of his life. tts he simply goes out as hard aT

the only stage Contador won in the leaders jersey that was not a tt was Angliru 2008.

If Contador cares about stages why did he put his breaks on in Le Grand Bornard so that Frank could win.
WHy didnt he contest the stage win on Tourmalet?
Why did he give Rujano Grosglockner?
why did he give Tiralongo Macanuga?

At the end of the day the only argument you have presented for how you know Contador "wanted" Zoncolan and that he tried his hardest is- because i can read his mind.


On the Zoncolan it looked like he still wanted the stage. After all Anton attacked, and shortly after that Contador accellerated himself. He clearly found out he didn't have the legs to win, because he was caught a while later and from then on he just stayed with the main GC riders to not lose time. He knew he couldn't match Anton that day right when he attacked. This right here isn't exactly taking it easy.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,177
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

11 Jan 2013 22:03

The Hitch wrote:No, I honestly don't understand.


Perhaps you just take a perfect form Contador and others contenders like super elite professional and well prepared amateuers.. :)
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

11 Jan 2013 22:30

Pentacycle, you cannot read Alberto's mind.

And I agree with this

But that he, on the form of his lie is suddenly physically unable to stick with a not on top form Igor Anton, when for 3 mountain stages before and 3 mountain stages after he is the strongest gc candidate, its up for dispute to say the least.


And Rujano is not a better climber than Alberto.

And Alberto doesn't give a **** about stages he only cares about GC.

And it was Bjarne who made up the hunger knock excuse after galibier, it was obvious that it was a combination of injury and **** form and being tired.

About bola del Mundo: i don't remember it as "I let purito and piti ride away because victory was certain" but more as "i suffered but in the last k knew i was going to win so I decided to enjoy the moment"

Anyway this is off topic so let's stop the discussion or continue in a different thread.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,151
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

11 Jan 2013 22:59

LaFlorecita wrote:Pentacycle, you cannot read Alberto's mind.


Please don't get confused here. You claim you can read Contador's mind regarding that stage, saying that he gifted the stage to Anton, while under 'normal' circumstances stages are contested at full power.

And I'll just say that next year's Giro we'll finally see the true Rujano easily pedalling away from all other competitors. Then at the Vuelta Contador and Rujano will settle it once and for all who's the better climber. :p
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,177
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

12 Jan 2013 00:22

Ryo Hazuki wrote:savio has admitted already back in june that rujano indeed had mono in his blood, however he said it wasn't bad enough to retire from the race...:o what an idiot. if you ever had that disease you know it will come back to haunt you months later once you start reaching top condition. sometimes the original mono is not even noticable until much later that you've had it and are hampered by it.
I don't trust José, I think he was lying. I don't think you know him very well.
Passionate about road cycling competition and tactics.
@bicifanatico
User avatar bicifan
Junior Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:06
Location: Porlamar

12 Jan 2013 00:39

bicifan wrote:I don't trust José, I think he was lying. I don't think you know him very well.


He wasn't lying, he had mono. And it was probably affecting him, whether it was affecting him enough to force him to exit the race I do not know.
“Rujano maintains that his Giro abandon was caused by mononucleosis, but the blood tests didn’t show mononucleosis in an acute phase, but rather traces of a previous exposure to the virus.”


http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/savio-doubts-rujanos-mononucleosis-claim
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,239
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

12 Jan 2013 00:47

Afrank wrote:He wasn't lying, he had mono. And it was probably affecting him, whether it was affecting him enough to force him to exit the race I do not know.
Where are you from? Are you a fellow VE? Read all the posts here, and you will find the truth.
Passionate about road cycling competition and tactics.
@bicifanatico
User avatar bicifan
Junior Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 26 Jun 2012 00:06
Location: Porlamar

12 Jan 2013 09:59

Pentacycle wrote:On the Zoncolan it looked like he still wanted the stage. After all Anton attacked, and shortly after that Contador accellerated himself. He clearly found out he didn't have the legs to win, because he was caught a while later and from then on he just stayed with the main GC riders to not lose time. He knew he couldn't match Anton that day right when he attacked. This right here isn't exactly taking it easy.


Exactly! Just watch the stage again (which I've done since this conversation) Anton looks strong and controlled alberto looks unsightly which for him is unusual. He's not out of the saddle a lot, which his is characteristic style; he's right on the rivet of his saddle, the guy is struggling.

None of us know what Contador was thinking so it is a redundant point to both sides of the arguments all we can go on is how they appear to be riding.

To bring it back to topic. Hopefully Rujano will be in form because he is a sight to behold when he is but the Giro GC is out of reach with the TTT and long TT.
uphillstruggle
Junior Member
 
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 19:31

12 Jan 2013 10:20

Afrank wrote:He wasn't lying, he had mono. And it was probably affecting him, whether it was affecting him enough to force him to exit the race I do not know.


http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/savio-doubts-rujanos-mononucleosis-claim


well that's exactly what I was saying. so savio admitted he had mono already back then. if you ever had it you'd know it doesn't need to be in accute phase to hinder you so much that you are only able to lay in bed with no energy. besides mono has many different forms. short and hard burst where there's very short sickness and quicker recovery and one that is slow and takes on forever sometimes it can affect someone years if he hasn't recovered well from it. see cunego, blijlevens and many other examples
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

12 Jan 2013 10:57

Anyways Rujano was equal to 'the best climber' until according to Ryo he got sick.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

12 Jan 2013 11:06

airstream wrote:Anyways Rujano was equal to 'the best climber' until according to Ryo he got sick.


Also the most overrated rider in the peloton. What has he won ? He has more problems than just mono. He seems to have motivation issues as well. Not a good combination for winning a grand tour which he will never do anyway.
movingtarget
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,854
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jspear, Pricey_sky, Yahoo [Bot] and 33 guests

Back to top