Log in:  

Register

Power Data Estimates for the climbing stages

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

21 Jun 2013 07:26

hrotha wrote:Come on, give us some credit. Who distorts your posts, other than the few regular trolls? Might as well never post anything again in that case.

Could you elaborate on the content of those discussions a bit? That's all we're asking. Moncoutié has long been held as a standard of what clean riders could achieve, so if we have to reassess our starting assumptions we're going to need more than this.

Especially if it just took a deep look in RP's eyes to diagnose scrupulous cleanliness.
Mr.38%
Junior Member
 
Posts: 355
Joined: 12 May 2010 09:15

21 Jun 2013 09:34

Mr.38% wrote:Especially if it just took a deep look in RP's eyes to diagnose scrupulous cleanliness.

Hmm, I see what RR meant by "distorting his posts"...
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,488
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

21 Jun 2013 10:11

hrotha wrote:Hmm, I see what RR meant by "distorting his posts"...

Either say what you want to say or don't say anything at all. If you're touching "icons" like Moncoutié or LeMond, you better back it up. RR should know this.
Mr.38%
Junior Member
 
Posts: 355
Joined: 12 May 2010 09:15

21 Jun 2013 10:20

Mr.38% wrote:Either say what you want to say or don't say anything at all. If you're touching "icons" like Moncoutié or LeMond, you better back it up. RR should know this.

I agree with the second part of your post, that's been my whole point since he brought it up for the first time almost three months ago.

I'm referring to the part where you say RR said Porte was clean and that he knew by looking him in the eyes.
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,488
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

21 Jun 2013 11:28

It is funny how riders today are declared dirty because they win.....but a guy who won the KOM at the Vuelta 4 times gets a pass because one guy said something 15 years ago
User avatar Race Radio
Senior Member
 
Posts: 11,339
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 14:01

21 Jun 2013 11:38

hrotha wrote:I agree with the second part of your post, that's been my whole point since he brought it up for the first time almost three months ago.

I'm referring to the part where you say RR said Porte was clean and that he knew by looking him in the eyes.

Let's agree that RRs narration of the dinner with Porte sounds a bit funny in the context.

Regarding the french saint: So Moncoutié was doing it the autologous way, right?
Mr.38%
Junior Member
 
Posts: 355
Joined: 12 May 2010 09:15

21 Jun 2013 11:59

Race Radio wrote:It is funny how riders today are declared dirty because they win.....but a guy who won the KOM at the Vuelta 4 times gets a pass because one guy said something 15 years ago


KOM is a pretty meaningless competition when it's a breakaway contest of mediocre climbers. But anyway, Moncoutie won all of his 2008 onwards so that is no different to any victory today, if a guy who wins T-A Trentino Giro in a season can be clean surely a guy who wins four consecutive Vuelta breakaway KOMs can be clean too.
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,776
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

21 Jun 2013 12:04

Ferminal wrote:KOM is a pretty meaningless competition when it's a breakaway contest of mediocre climbers. But anyway, Moncoutie won all of his 2008 onwards so that is no different to any victory today, if a guy who wins T-A Trentino Giro in a season can be clean surely a guy who wins four consecutive Vuelta breakaway KOMs can be clean too.

And in 2012 Simon Clarke won it :o

If he can then surely a talented clean rider can too.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,503
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

21 Jun 2013 12:08

Race Radio wrote:It is funny how riders today are declared dirty because they win.....but a guy who won the KOM at the Vuelta 4 times gets a pass because one guy said something 15 years ago

We should continue this in the Moncoutié thread. Suffice to say, he wasn't given a free pass. He was analyzed in-depth.
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,488
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

21 Jun 2013 12:10

He won 4 stages in 4 years.

Pretty good.
User avatar roundabout
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,098
Joined: 07 Jun 2010 11:43

21 Jun 2013 12:17

hrotha wrote:Come on, give us some credit. Who distorts your posts, other than the few regular trolls? Might as well never post anything again in that case.

Could you elaborate on the content of those discussions a bit? That's all we're asking. Moncoutié has long been held as a standard of what clean riders could achieve, so if we have to reassess our starting assumptions we're going to need more than this.


Moncutie had a reputation the same as Hesjedal or Dan Martin had it, and a lot or riders

I believe in Moncutie clearness, but as well as others, and of course I am no sure.

If you assume Moncutie was clean, one of his good perfomances was in 2009 in Mont Faron,

A young talent working for his leader was there with him that day. They three put some time to the other riders:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=10427

Moncutie is clean, ok, you know a man "lamamola" in other forum about Hivert clean, he was five that day, why not Froome clean that day? Why not that young man after three years could not be the best one, after cure a disease and learn a lot about cycling?

To think Moncutie is clean and Froome no make no sense for me.

2005, a year still in the dark era, before OP. Maybe his best year:

3rd in Cataluña:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=2183

6th in Dauphiné, among dopers:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=2280

He won a stage in the Tour (that is more believeble), or 6th in San Sebastian, just behind Purito, Garcelli,...

He won in Manzaneda in La Vuelta 2008, been 36 years old, to Beñat Intxausti, one of the good riders in The Giro, the same Vuelta that Froome started to show his potential. Both of them were thinking in the stage.

I think that was possible without doping, pretty hard to believe, but possible, but this kind of argument other people here use to say: oh, that was no possible.
User avatar Taxus4a
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,352
Joined: 12 Aug 2012 18:48
Location: Castilla

21 Jun 2013 12:20

2011 Intxausti was crap after April.

It's amazing how much better he has suddenly become.
User avatar roundabout
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,098
Joined: 07 Jun 2010 11:43

21 Jun 2013 12:23

Race Radio wrote:It is funny how riders today are declared dirty because they win.....but a guy who won the KOM at the Vuelta 4 times gets a pass because one guy said something 15 years ago

Dont mind me but you are doing the exact same here.

4 KOM's = guilty
il Mito wrote:“I’m in pension, I don’t give a **** about training,” Ferrari said. “They are all strong without me. Did you see the Tour de France?”
User avatar Fearless Greg Lemond
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,939
Joined: 20 Apr 2012 15:07
Location: Netherlands

21 Jun 2013 12:26

roundabout wrote:2011 Intxausti was crap after April.

It's amazing how much better he has suddenly become.

To be fair, he crashed a lot, and there was the Tondo thing too.

edit: also, could a mod tidy this thread up? It's a useful thread with the power estimates and we're all polluting it.
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,488
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

21 Jun 2013 12:28

Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,776
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

25 Jun 2013 10:25

Not climbing stages, but...

Estonian national TT, 42 km
Taaramäe 417 w, 6,1 w/kg (time: 51.08)

Dauphine TT, 32,5 km
Taaramäe 400 w (time: 39.26)
Von Mises
Junior Member
 
Posts: 669
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 20:17

25 Jun 2013 11:43

Marco Pinotti ‏@marcopinotti 24 Jun

if the data "looks" kind of low, keep in mind the race was going from 480 to 940 mts above see level. See this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9118979


Italian TT: 49'04" minutes, 5.52 w/kg, with lot of inertia from tailwind and a couple of downhill sections. Normalized power 5.65
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,776
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

06 Jul 2013 19:02

VAM level: over 9000

Any stats on today?
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.


The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,281
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: The Netherlands

06 Jul 2013 19:11

https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily:

Stage 8. Ax-3-Domaines (first 7.85 km). Chris Froome ["67 kg"]: 21:41. DrF: 6.37 W/kg. CPL: 6.51 W/kg. rst: 6.63 W/kg. BCR: 6.63 W/kg.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,503
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

06 Jul 2013 19:47

Netserk wrote:https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily
Stage 8. Ax-3-Domaines (first 7.85 km). Chris Froome ["67 kg"]: 21:41. DrF: 6.37 W/kg. CPL: 6.51 W/kg. rst: 6.63 W/kg. BCR: 6.63 W/kg.


He was wearing a see-through vest. That's got to be worth a few more watts?
User avatar doolols
Junior Member
 
Posts: 440
Joined: 23 Dec 2011 14:34

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Avoriaz, Bing [Bot], deeno1975, Miburo and 23 guests

Back to top