Log in:  

Register

Klöden named in Freiburg report

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Klöden named in Freiburg report

13 May 2009 13:22

User avatar mr. tibbs
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,869
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 19:48
Location: Austin, TX

13 May 2009 13:23

Is anybody surprised? No. The only surprise is that he got away with it for so long, given that most of his peer group has since been uncovered one way or another. Great publicity at a time when Lance and Johan are seeking new sponsors.
User avatar rolfrae
Junior Member
 
Posts: 342
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 12:15

13 May 2009 13:25

What about the other riders who went to Freiburg in the early days of the 2006 TdF to get transfusions?
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,320
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:41
Location: Above 5000 feet

Another One Bites the Dust

13 May 2009 14:28

The list of riders who shared podium spots with Lance Armstrong at the Tour de France who have not been officially implicated or santioned now stands at two. Can you guess?

http://americanflyers.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/alone-on-an-island/
jsmayer181
Junior Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 20:31

13 May 2009 14:46

jsmayer181 wrote:Can you guess?


Beloki and Leipheimer?


Dave
Biciclette Bianchi
Junior Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: 16 Mar 2009 15:40

13 May 2009 15:03

BroDeal wrote:What about the other riders who went to Freiburg in the early days of the 2006 TdF to get transfusions?


According to the report, only Klöden and Kessler went, at least on the evening of the first stage.

Susan

Edit: and SInkewitz, too, of course.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,560
Joined: 05 Mar 2009 14:18
Location: Germany

13 May 2009 15:07

Susan Westemeyer wrote:According to the report, only Klöden and Kessler went, at least on the evening of the first stage.

Susan

Edit: and SInkewitz, too, of course.


I thought Sinkewitz said five or six riders went with him, which would be either the whole team or the whole team minus one.

It is interesting that only Kessler, who is already positve, and Kloden, who had his "vitamin" shipments reported, get thrown under the bus.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,320
Joined: 18 Mar 2009 00:41
Location: Above 5000 feet

13 May 2009 15:15

jsmayer181 wrote:The list of riders who shared podium spots with Lance Armstrong at the Tour de France who have not been officially implicated or santioned now stands at two. Can you guess?

http://americanflyers.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/alone-on-an-island/


I'm interested that someone else thought of doing this, I had a look at exactly the same thing a few months ago.

Does it not cast suspicion on Lance that everyone he beat at Le Tour was on drugs? Are we meant to believe that he was squeaky clean and kicked the *** of guys who were doped up to their eyeballs?
User avatar Jamsque
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,831
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 00:34
Location: York, UK

13 May 2009 15:16

No surprises here,

Who were the first 2 riders to jump ship when Bob Stapelton decided to introduce stricter anti doping controls at T-Mobile, thats right Klodi and Kessler, where did they go, thats right Astana, team of Vinokourov, Kaschekin, nuff said.
pmcg76
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,197
Joined: 06 Mar 2009 17:56

13 May 2009 15:24

Jamsque wrote:I'm interested that someone else thought of doing this, I had a look at exactly the same thing a few months ago.

Does it not cast suspicion on Lance that everyone he beat at Le Tour was on drugs? Are we meant to believe that he was squeaky clean and kicked the *** of guys who were doped up to their eyeballs?


Of course. He's superman, right?:rolleyes:
User avatar Zoncolan
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,463
Joined: 01 Apr 2009 14:57

13 May 2009 15:25

We've been reading about this for some time now, remember the Spiegel link posted on this forum a while back. Why its taken so long to procecute? We can read about it before they act on anything, maybe the UCI should read the forum?

If Sinkewitz rated out the names what are they waiting for? Probably for the Tour to start...:rolleyes:
User avatar ElChingon
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,919
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 03:19
Location: En el Internet, and Hiding from the UCI

13 May 2009 15:42

That link is interesting, very worth reading about who stood next to Lance that hasn't been positive. They state Fernando Escartin and Joseba Beloki. The only problems with this are that Escartin rode for Manolo Saiz at Kelme at the time, and Beloki, though cleared from the blood bag issue with OP, definitely had his name listed in Fuentes code books.

You could look farther down that list of riders Lance beat and find many more riders that doped. Like, nearly all of them. And where there's smoke...
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,209
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 03:51
Location: New England

13 May 2009 15:51

Alpe d'Huez wrote:The only problems with this are that Escartin rode for Manolo Saiz at Kelme at the time, and Beloki, though cleared from the blood bag issue with OP, definitely had his name listed in Fuentes code books.


Wrong! Back to start do not collect.

Vicente Belda, Kelme DS

Manolo Saiz, Once/Liberty Seguros DS
User avatar ElChingon
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,919
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 03:19
Location: En el Internet, and Hiding from the UCI

13 May 2009 15:55

BroDeal wrote:I thought Sinkewitz said five or six riders went with him, which would be either the whole team or the whole team minus one.


If you read the report, you could get the impression that Sinkewitz said different things at different times.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,560
Joined: 05 Mar 2009 14:18
Location: Germany

13 May 2009 17:15

a lot of mis-informed fans believe he is
Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades. - Eddy Merckx
User avatar quadsRme
Junior Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: 02 Apr 2009 16:47
Location: in a house

13 May 2009 17:25

ElChingon wrote:Wrong! Back to start do not collect.

Vicente Belda, Kelme DS

Manolo Saiz, Once/Liberty Seguros DS


Quite right.
What the name of the Kelme doctor again?:rolleyes:
Same tree, just different branches.
All with rotten roots.
Mellow Velo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,591
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 09:48

13 May 2009 17:27

it makes you wonder, who would be left to race if they cleaned it up completely?
Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades. - Eddy Merckx
User avatar quadsRme
Junior Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: 02 Apr 2009 16:47
Location: in a house

13 May 2009 18:12

ElChingon wrote:Wrong! Back to start do not collect.


Good call. I stand corrected. But MelloVelo is right.

Knowing that all twelve of those guys standing on the podium with Lance were doped, sans maybe one, if we look at the rest of the top 10 that Lance raced against, here are some very common names: Virenque, Dufaux, Peron, Etxebarria, Hamilton, Botgero, Mancebo, Nardello, Heras, Moreau, Gonzalez de Galdeano, Sevilla, Serrano, Mayo, Rasmussen, Landis. All of them associated with doping. Many more if you go down from 10 on the list.

It's a LOT easier to count the names that never got into trouble. I count about eight: Boogard, Sastre, Evans, Zubeldia, Belli, Periero, Levi, Azevedo. Out of seventy possible placings, I count eight riders that might, maybe have been clean. Or at least stayed away from scandals their career (Levi and Azevedo connected to Lance though). If I made a mistake on this one, let me know. :cool:
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,209
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 03:51
Location: New England

13 May 2009 18:45

quadsRme wrote:it makes you wonder, who would be left to race if they cleaned it up completely?


The French riders :D
User avatar ElChingon
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,919
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 03:19
Location: En el Internet, and Hiding from the UCI

13 May 2009 18:50

Alpe d'Huez wrote:
It's a LOT easier to count the names that never got into trouble. I count about eight: Boogard, Sastre, Evans, Zubeldia, Belli, Periero, Levi, Azevedo. Out of seventy possible placings, I count eight riders that might, maybe have been clean. Or at least stayed away from scandals their career (Levi and Azevedo connected to Lance though). If I made a mistake on this one, let me know. :cool:


Levi was a Dr. Ferrari cleint. Top doping in the world >>Dr. Ferrari is.

Azevedo did too, more or less on the Lance formulative program. Zubeldia was Mayo's teamate on Euskaltel-Euskadi, JACKED. Belli rode for Saeco's super jacked 3 times Giro winning team, and was definitely part of the 100% Italian riders dope culture in the Sicily region. Decanio says this much.

The evidence is that ALL top U-23 riders in Italy doped 100% and they even had syringe throwing fights in place of food-fights.

Empirically 100% of top European pros dope.

Stop trying to believe the riders. Nobody finishes the Tour clean if its heavily doped and no matter what nobody will be top 50. I truly believe Lemond tried to do it and he could not finish the damn mountains, he was dropped and time cut.

Their all bald faced liars that want to either win, make money, boost their single celled ego or all three. lol

STOP TRYING TO BELIEVE THE BULL SH*T. ITS BULLSH*T!
User avatar BigBoat
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,285
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 14:27

Next

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RobbieCanuck, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests

Back to top