Register

Purito - Joaquim Rodriguez thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

15 Feb 2013 01:45

cineteq wrote:Isn't that what happened to KAT's Giro bid? Purito kept saying he wanted to ride the Tour above all, thus RCS didn't wait. On the other hand, UCI said already that they will not have 19 WT teams. So even if CAS ruled in KAT's favor, I have no idea what would happen. Everything points to him leaving.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I think Purito has said he'll wait for the whole process before he leaves Katusha. So, if CAS upholds the case and sends it back to UCI (who will undoubtedly reject Katusha's bid) it's going to take longer and Purito might miss some races - the Ardennes, in particular, if UCI delays. I know he's saying Le Tour above all, but I know he wants to race the Ardennes.
Viking

15 Feb 2013 01:57

Viking wrote:Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I think Purito has said he'll wait for the whole process before he leaves Katusha. So, if CAS upholds the case and sends it back to UCI (who will undoubtedly reject Katusha's bid) it's going to take longer and Purito might miss some races - the Ardennes, in particular, if UCI delays. I know he's saying Le Tour above all, but I know he wants to race the Ardennes.

I doubt Ardennes is extremely important on his list this year, he still can race much of them even if Kutusha being a Pro-Con team, the only objective for him judging from interviews is Tour maybe the world too.
Either SKY bring us into future or bring us back ten years. Only time will tell.
User avatar maxmartin

15 Feb 2013 02:52

What about Blanco? They will be missing a key rider soon so I think they could fill that spot with Purito, but not sure about his entourage?
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon

15 Feb 2013 03:49

ElChingon wrote:What about Blanco? They will be missing a key rider soon so I think they could fill that spot with Purito, but not sure about his entourage?

well, Purito said his next team would likely be his last, and Blanco is a team without a sponsor. So there is a chance that the team could not be around next year. Of course with Purito they would have a better chance of getting a sponsor, but it is unknown. I think Purito wants to join a team that is sure to be around for a while and is sure to stay in the world tour.
And Blanco can't have that much money, I don't think Rabo is shelling at extra money for them. But just enough for them to operate.
Plus they have 29 rider, so he wouldn't be able to bring a bunch of helpers with him.

other than that, I could see it being a good team for him.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

15 Feb 2013 10:35

This issue has been resolved, he'll be remaining at Katusha.

I'll bet today, even coming 3rd in TOO stage, feels like a huge win for him.
peterst6906

15 Feb 2013 11:12

Could someone change the thread title to "Rodriguez" :o
User avatar hrotha

15 Feb 2013 11:15

hrotha wrote:Could someone change the thread title to "Rodriguez" :o
Done, thanks Mods!

Now that KAT is in, I want to see Purito battling it out with the big guys, including Froome at T-A.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

15 Feb 2013 11:38

Really do love this chap he has alot of Panache different to Contador but still a great rider to watch i hope he has improved on his TT skills because if he has then he has the potential to be a danger in alot of places :)
Peter Sagan:
"I under-evaluated him (Gerald Ciolek) a little bit. I was watching Cancellara, who was trying to break free, and maybe I did too much work," Sagan said. "Ciolek stayed in the wheels and he took my wheel to do the sprint and was able to beat me. I went too early in the sprint."

17/03/13 Milan - San Remo

Peter Sagan:
“We went away in a break on the Oude Kwaremont, but then Cancellara went for it on the Paterberg and I wasn’t able to follow him,”

31/03/13 Tour of Flanders
User avatar HiCadence

15 Feb 2013 13:33

peterst6906 wrote:This issue has been resolved, he'll be remaining at Katusha.

I'll bet today, even coming 3rd in TOO stage, feels like a huge win for him.

Good for him, staying at Katusha really is the best place for him. Although I bet Lampre is disappointed. :p
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

15 Feb 2013 22:00

Italian Rai's Radiocorsa said yesterday (before CAS decision) that the main sponsors of Katusha tried to do a big offer to Rodriguez for convince him to stay till 2015, by saying that they would be back surely in 2014 as a WT team (in case the CAS decision wasnt ending in their favour).
[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele

15 Feb 2013 23:04

Michele wrote:Italian Rai's Radiocorsa said yesterday (before CAS decision) that the main sponsors of Katusha tried to do a big offer to Rodriguez for convince him to stay till 2015, by saying that they would be back surely in 2014 as a WT team (in case the CAS decision wasnt ending in their favour).

Hopefully Rodriguez has his agent out on the streets now (aka at the races), he needs to bail in 2014, the writing is on the wall.
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon

13 Mar 2013 08:17

Just watched the Sant'Elpidio stage. Rodriguez seemed to come out of nowhere on that final climb to catch Nibali and Sagan. I'm looking for him to crush the Mur de Huy. Gilbert will have to up his game to win F-W this year.
phanatic

13 Mar 2013 09:16

Rodriguez is the man to beat for sure for FW, and as usual he will be a main role also for Amstel and Liegi.
Gilbert is nowhere near there.
[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele

13 Mar 2013 09:32

Purito is going to have a great season this year will be a joy to watch.
Peter Sagan:
"I under-evaluated him (Gerald Ciolek) a little bit. I was watching Cancellara, who was trying to break free, and maybe I did too much work," Sagan said. "Ciolek stayed in the wheels and he took my wheel to do the sprint and was able to beat me. I went too early in the sprint."

17/03/13 Milan - San Remo

Peter Sagan:
“We went away in a break on the Oude Kwaremont, but then Cancellara went for it on the Paterberg and I wasn’t able to follow him,”

31/03/13 Tour of Flanders
User avatar HiCadence

13 Mar 2013 09:44

phanatic wrote:Just watched the Sant'Elpidio stage. Rodriguez seemed to come out of nowhere on that final climb to catch Nibali and Sagan.

Too bad that he didn't make the podium because of that damn TTT.
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)

13 Mar 2013 11:22

I like Purito on hills, but I still dislike him in the mountains.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

13 Mar 2013 11:40

HiCadence wrote:Purito is going to have a great season this year will be a joy to watch.
Looking really god, too bad he's chosen the wrong GTs to ride.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

13 Mar 2013 11:42

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Too bad that he didn't make the podium because of that damn TTT.
You're looking at the wrong stage. He lost 43 sec. to Froome on stage 4.
User avatar cineteq

13 Mar 2013 12:40

cineteq wrote:You're looking at the wrong stage. He lost 43 sec. to Froome on stage 4.

No, I'm not. Froome would have finished 2nd regardless, but neither Contador nor Kwiatkowski would have finished ahead of Rodriguez in GC.
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)

13 Mar 2013 13:18

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:No, I'm not. Froome would have finished 2nd regardless, but neither Contador nor Kwiatkowski would have finished ahead of Rodriguez in GC.
You can't blame a TTT for that. Contador was +15 vs. Rodriguez's +43 on stage 4.
User avatar cineteq

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing