Register

¡Adiós!

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

29 Nov 2016 13:10

Ikbengodniet

Re:

29 Nov 2016 20:14

With his health issues it's totally understandable.
Still, on the right kind of schedule (lots of races in the heat) he could have been a way better rider on the road.
User avatar Mayomaniac

15 Dec 2016 16:45

Tossato retires with 34 GT's under his belt. He finished 29 of them in which he assisted some GC wins. Helped Cipo, Bettini and Ballan win their WC's. He was terrific during his period at Quick-Step.

Sad to see this rider leave the peloton.
Breh

Re:

15 Dec 2016 17:38

Breh wrote:Tossato retires with 34 GT's under his belt. He finished 29 of them in which he assisted some GC wins. Helped Cipo, Bettini and Ballan win their WC's. He was terrific during his period at Quick-Step.

Sad :( stupid Trek
Alberto we love you
on the road
you don't need to say this stuff
we saw you on the road
you blessed us with 9 great shows
let's not argue the toss about the official count
you are much bigger than that
~TourOfSardinia
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Re:

15 Dec 2016 17:51

LaFlorecita wrote:
Breh wrote:Tossato retires with 34 GT's under his belt. He finished 29 of them in which he assisted some GC wins. Helped Cipo, Bettini and Ballan win their WC's. He was terrific during his period at Quick-Step.

Stupid Contador would be more accurate.
Roku

15 Dec 2016 18:13

Stupid Tossato mainly. He's adult and educated enough to figure out that Contador ain't in the position anymore to take endless riders with him to Trek. That's what he admits somehow in his statements actually.
User avatar staubsauger

16 Dec 2016 14:18

Roku wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:

Stupid Contador would be more accurate.

Yeah, that's it. Blame Contador. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that he wasn't able to catch on with another team. His experience and ability to still contribute would have made him an asset to many of the teams. Maybe his agent and himself set up requirements that restricted his options.
User avatar Angliru
Veteran

16 Dec 2016 14:26

Doubt it's that simple with Tossato - He may have believed Tinkoff was bringing him across to Trek - Other teams may have believed the same - We can see with two uncontracted riders successfully advertising on twitter for new homes, that there can be chasms in finding a new team.
yaco

16 Dec 2016 23:49

Why would you blame anyone for a 42 year old retiring.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

Re:

21 Dec 2016 11:04

Surprised he lasted this long. Poor guy has been popping ibuprofen like candy for years just to be able to train.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

21 Dec 2016 11:14

42x16ss wrote:

Surprised he lasted this long. Poor guy has been popping ibuprofen like candy for years just to be able to train.

Realistically his Dad did well to get him a contract with Trek in an Olympic Year - He was a PCT level rider.
yaco

23 Dec 2016 22:39

yaco wrote:
42x16ss wrote:

Realistically his Dad did well to get him a contract with Trek in an Olympic Year - He was a PCT level rider.

Bobridge was a strong WT rider in a 50 year old's body. When and if his body allowed it, Bobridge was world class
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

24 Dec 2016 02:52

42x16ss wrote:
yaco wrote:
42x16ss wrote:

Bobridge was a strong WT rider in a 50 year old's body. When and if his body allowed it, Bobridge was world class

I agree wholeheartedly ...Some people on here know very little about what quality is ...Jack Bobridge with RA and riding for the hour record was class...better than most cyclists with no such serious condition...But I guess he wasn't some epo fueled 'hero' attacking at the bottom of Ventoux
HelloDolly

24 Dec 2016 05:35

HelloDolly wrote:
42x16ss wrote:
yaco wrote:
42x16ss wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly ...Some people on here know very little about what quality is ...Jack Bobridge with RA and riding for the hour record was class...better than most cyclists with no such serious condition...But I guess he wasn't some epo fueled 'hero' attacking at the bottom of Ventoux

Totally agree! Bobridge was a massive talent who never really got the chance to shine thanks to his body.
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

24 Dec 2016 07:02

WT class riders back it up day after day, week after week,month after month, year after year - Borbridge's ride in the Giro was a disgrace - Always at the back of the peleton,whether it was flat,hilly or mountainous - Watched him closely and never saw an instance in which he helped his team - Borbridge was world class on the track,but not on the road.
yaco

Re:

25 Dec 2016 13:23

yaco wrote:WT class riders back it up day after day, week after week,month after month, year after year - Borbridge's ride in the Giro was a disgrace - Always at the back of the peleton,whether it was flat,hilly or mountainous - Watched him closely and never saw an instance in which he helped his team - Borbridge was world class on the track,but not on the road.

I really think you are missing the point most here are trying to make but I guess it all how one defines WT quality. I think he did impressively well be it on the track or road considering what he was up against. You say his Giro performance was a disgrace but I completely disagree and he did help teammates and suffered through it better than others who abandoned, finished OTL or didn't have to combat the issues Bobridge went up against.

It's not always about results matey
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

25 Dec 2016 14:50

StryderHells wrote:
yaco wrote:WT class riders back it up day after day, week after week,month after month, year after year - Borbridge's ride in the Giro was a disgrace - Always at the back of the peleton,whether it was flat,hilly or mountainous - Watched him closely and never saw an instance in which he helped his team - Borbridge was world class on the track,but not on the road.

I really think you are missing the point most here are trying to make but I guess it all how one defines WT quality. I think he did impressively well be it on the track or road considering what he was up against. You say his Giro performance was a disgrace but I completely disagree and he did help teammates and suffered through it better than others who abandoned, finished OTL or didn't have to combat the issues Bobridge went up against.

It's not always about results matey

My reference to Borbridge's performance at the Giro showed that he effectively got paid a WT Professional Road Cycling's wage to help him in an Olympic Year - His Dad is an EXCELLENT agent who got his son a good deal at the right time, especially seeing Jack was riding at Continental level in 2015.

Jack is a world class track rider but nowhere near the same standard on the road.
yaco

25 Dec 2016 16:03

Gert Dockx retires.
"Fred bud, he drives five kilometres too fast for us" - Frans Verbeeck talking about Eddy Merckx in an interview with Fred De Bruyne after finishing second in the Tour of Flandres in 1974.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

28 Dec 2016 19:12

Wiggins retired once again ... :cool:
User avatar Jancouver

30 Dec 2016 17:17

Arrhythmia forces Gianni Meersman to call an early end to his career.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing