• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

¡Adiós!

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I saw him ride the GP Wallonie in his neo year. I figured he was headed for a great career.
Sadly, it never worked out for him.
What did he do in that race? Attacked and looked strong? I see he finished 24th, which wasn't anything special.

Ledanois is one of the clearest examples of older pro beating up on the kids in the U23 worlds, along with Fedorov in 2022. Bystrøm was also as old as he could be, but at least he wasn't a pro.

Unsure if this is right thread for it but Leo Hayter will be taking an indefinite break from cycling

A sad and unfortunately not uncommon tale.
I’m very lucky to have access to the world’s leading Psychologists through the team, so I will be working closely with them over the next period.
Yes, a lucky man in that he's getting more support then most employers would offer.
If it wasn’t for my girlfriend, I don’t think I would have had any human contact the last 3 months. For that I will always be thankful. Even on the worst of days I can see her and forget for a bit.
Hope she can help him and stick with him through the bad days.

Big respect to Leo Hayter, and I really hope he can get his life sorted out. These things are so rough. His physical potential seems absolutely crazy.

Coincidentally, I was thinking 'what is up with him' yesterday and went to check his Instagram. Nothing new there. And while checking something else, I found a French news article about this. He had probably posted the update on his Instagram just minutes after I looked there after having been silent for months.

Reactions: Sandisfan