• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Tour de France Stage 11: Blaye-les-Mines Lavaur 167.5 km

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
CARTE.gif

PROFIL.gif

intermediate sprint

PROFILSPRINT.gif

PROFILKMS.jpg

A real sprint stage.

I had spent my lunch getting info for tomorrows stage but Jobiwan beat me to it.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
etape_11.gif

Meteo

At dawn, mostly cloudy with some thundery showers. In the morning, rain remains persistent in most places of the stage. At midday and in the afternoon, some bright spells with further clouds and occasionally showers mainly light. Winds : Moderate westerly wind (15/20 kph) in the morning. Light westerly wind at midday and early in the afternoon turning north-westerly in the middle of the afternoon at 25/30 kph. Temperatures : Tight temperature range is expected. Lowest temperatures : 14/16 degrees Highest temperatures : 18/20 degrees

What tomorrows stage is all about plus the GC guys resting and keeping out of trouble

Points classification
Result
1 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto 226 pts
2 Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil (Spa) Movistar Team 209
3 Mark Cavendish (GBr) HTC-Highroad 197
4 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Team Garmin-Cervelo 163

5 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 135
6 André Greipel (Ger) Omega Pharma-Lotto 123
7 Romain Feillu (Fra) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 121
8 Sébastien Hinault (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 78
9 Tyler Farrar (USA) Team Garmin-Cervelo 76
10 Borut Bozic (Slo) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 69
11 Mickaël Delage (Fra) FDJ 58
12 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Sky Procycling 58
13 Denis Galimzyanov (Rus) Katusha Team 55
14 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling 53
15 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Saxo Bank Sungard 51
16 Rui Alberto Faria Da Costa (Por) Movistar Team 48
17 William Bonnet (Fra) FDJ 48
18 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre - ISD 47
19 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Team Europcar 46
20 Fränk Schleck (Lux) Leopard Trek 46

Can someone fix up the heading of the thread please

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
After today Cavendish will be so mad that I can see anyone else winning.

Besides, the weather is wet and somewhat cold, which is not good for Contadors knee and the other injured riders.

Jamsque said:
Cav vs Greipel, round 2. I think the HTC train rolls, Cav wins and takes the green jersey.

Cav won't let this happen again. I think days like these motivate Cavendish so he will show us tomorrow who is the best again.

I know I sound like a fanboy now, but I'm not. It's just the way it is imo. Greipel beating Cav today was great, but tomorrow it won't happen.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Sean Yates confimred that Uran is suffering from a injury wchich happend at same time as Wiggins accident and isnot at his very best. Yates was pleased that Uran finished in peleton today.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
The main question will be whether the thread title will be fixed before the stage is over.

The stage 12 thread has already more responses than this one. Bring on the mountains already.

Cobblestones said:
The main question will be whether the thread title will be fixed before the stage is over.

The stage 12 thread has already more responses than this one. Bring on the mountains already.

+1. Though I also wonder if this thread will at any point overtake the stage 12 thread again. I think if there's a good break there might be a chance.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ramira said:
+1. Though I also wonder if this thread will at any point overtake the stage 12 thread again. I think if there's a good break there might be a chance.

Hopefully it will cos if this thread booms it will be cos of crashes :(

Ramira said:
Didn't mention that because I don't even want to think about that. But I have to agree I'd much rather have a boring stage leading to about 30 pages max then anything even close to this sunday.

a boring stage with roughly 1200 posts? :eek:

hint: 40 posts per page here, you guys should do the same imo its much better then moving from page to page every 2 posts . . .

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Sean Yates confimred that Uran is suffering from a injury wchich happend at same time as Wiggins accident and isnot at his very best. Yates was pleased that Uran finished in peleton today.

Aww man. Did he say how bad it was?