• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Tour De France Stage 17 (20/7/2011): Gap > Pinerolo, 179km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
2011 Tour De France Stage 17 (20/7/2011): Gap > Pinerolo, 179km

It is expected that the temperature will be around 30oC so expect a hot draining stage.

Categorised Climbs

•Km 71.5 - Côte de Sainte-Marguerite - 2.8 km climb to 7.4 % - Category 3
•Km 85.5 - La Chaussée (montée de Briançon) - 1.4 km climb to 8.3 % - Category 3
•Km 96.5 - Col de Montgenèvre (1 860 m) - 7.9 km climb to 6.1 % - Category 2
•Km 117.0 - Sestrières (2 035 m) - 11.1 km climb to 6.3 % - Category 1
•Km 171.0 - Côte de Pramartino - 6.7 km climb to 6 % - Category 2

CARTE.gif

PROFIL.gif

PROFILKMS.jpg

I understand this thread has been made a bit early but I just had a little time to kill so made it.;)

craig1985 said:
Break FTW, and somebody like EBH to get in the break and win. And a good way to waste Sestrières IMO.

The most frustrating thing is when you look at the map and at km 138 it says "Fennestrelle 1163m". Fennestrele reminds me a lot of the mountain that lies 1km to its North.

I know they might not be bothered to go 300km into Italy to do the Zoncolan for example, but the Colle delle Finnestre is right there.

Its right there!!!!

Andy Schleck doesn't like the descent into Pinerolo. :'-(

http://tour-de-france.sport.francet[....]147-andy-schleck-craint-la-descent e

Andy Schleck craint la descente

Andy Schleck n'aime pas la descente finale de la 17e étape vers Pinerolo (Italie). "Je ne peux pas donner crédit à ASO de faire une arrivée comme celle-là. C'est ridicule. S'il y a de la pluie, il y aura des mecs à l'hôpital. Je l'ai fait trois fois à l'entraînement, c'est vraiment dangereux. J'espère que le Tour ne se décidera pas sur une arrivée comme celle-là", a déclaré le coureur.

BMC should drive the nail into the Schlecks here. The inconsistent and steep gradients of Pra Martino should suit Evans, and all he has to do is coax Bertie into attacking. If Evans, Contador, Sanchez get away again, and maybe joined by Gilbert and Voeckler, they could put another minute or so into the Brothers.

sportzchick said:
Hope that Sanchez gets dropped before we get to the decent so he cant help contador

Considering "that Sanchez" (since you dont seem to have heard of him) has proven himself to be a way better climber than Evans over the last few years, including in this Tour, if Sanchez gets dropped then that means Evans will have likely gotten dropped too:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS