• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Giro d'Italia; May 15th; Stage 10: Civitavecchia to Assisi

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
2012 Giro d'Italia; May 15th; Stage 10: Civitavecchia to Assisi. 186 km

Medium mountain stage:
tappa_dettagli_tecnici_planimetria_10.jpg

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_10.jpg

Last kilometers profile:
ukm_10.jpg

make this a perfect stage for a puncheur.

Will Purito take pink? Is Rujano going to destroy the field? Or will it be Scarponi?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
With a finish like that on such a non-selective stage is that you have the whole bunch coming to the bottom altogether - positioning is everything. As a result I think we'll see Pozzovivo and Rujano lose some time to Scarponi and Rodriguez.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:
It's definitely that one, from the timetable:

354m (alt) Basilica di S.
Francesco
Piazza Inferiore San
Francesco
0,6km

OK, thanks. Beautiful stage finish, hoping for Purito to finish it up beautifully and take the stage

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Probably Purito, but don't discount Scarponi. Can't see anyone else here, but who knows... Perhaps Pozzo can "surprise" again.

I don't think this is a climb that's suited to Rujano.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Good to hear. Not sure if a 3km rule applies to such finishes but if it did it would still be a headache to give the times in case of a crash.

Nice location too.

If you don't want to crash because of someone else then there's only one thing you can do: attack.

This is road racing, I see no problem with a few technical corners and descents. Peloton shouldn't be too big anymore on a climb like this anyway. Peloton will also most likely be strung out because of the high pace further decreasing the chances of crashes. Although crashes can always happen on every single stage.

No 3km rule obviously, if this is raced hard there will be some noticeable time gaps among the favorites. Nothing too big of course, I'm talking seconds here.

El Pistolero said:
Probably Purito, but don't discount Scarponi. Can't see anyone else here, but who knows... Perhaps Pozzo can "surprise" again.

I don't think this is a climb that's suited to Rujano.

Indeed, hope Rujano at least starts the final kilometers in front this time. On Saturday he started the final 1,5km in 50th position ...

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Saw the last post in the thread was by airstream, so quickly hit "reply" without actually looking what the post is about - just to take a "wild" guess.
Is airstream hyping Franky boy to win the stage? I will now find out

EDIT: Wow, what an epic fail by me

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Saw the last post in the thread was by airstream, so quickly hit "reply" without actually looking what the post is about - just to take a "wild" guess.
Is airstream hyping Franky boy to win the stage? I will now find out

EDIT: Wow, what an epic fail by me

It's like CN forum roulette. Guess what you should reply, without reading the last post.

airstream said:
Rujano should get down to business and try to do something. I hope he'll take a risk. He mustn't expect up to Giau.

watch the profile again.this is not for rujano at all,he just has to limit the losses

are you serious?there is cervinia,that is perfect for rujano,he can take 1 minute on the second arrived rider.there are stages where guys like purito,hesjedal will lose more than 5 minutes if the climbers in form go full-gas from long range.

but i'd like rujano to be again at the front like today.not for the win but just to not lose time again.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Indeed, hope Rujano at least starts the final kilometers in front this time. On Saturday he started the final 1,5km in 50th position ...

today on the other hand he did the climb as one of the first, problem with saturdays stage was the downhil with 60 guys in which he was pushed back all the way. not tomorrow I think, as the first climb will make a selection and see attacks. perhaps purito already