• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tirreno -Adriatico, Stage 1: San Vincenzo - Donoratico, 21.7km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
2012 Tirreno -Adriatico, Stage 1: San Vincenzo - Donoratico, 21.7km

T01_Donoratico_alt_big.jpg

T01_Donoratico_plan_big.jpg

No news on team start times yet.

Startlist

auscyclefan94 said:
Garmin or Radioshack. BMC doesn't have an overly good team in for this race. Horner will get a good head start.

Alessandro Ballan, Cadel Evans, Philippe Gilbert, George Hincapie, Marco Pinotti, Manuel Quinziato, Michael Schär, Greg Van Avermaet.

Maybe not for the race, but for the TTT they should be fine.

similar length TTT from last year

16,8km:
1 Rabobank 18' 08"
2 Garmin-Cervélo + 9"
3 HTC-Highroad + 10"
4 Saxo Bank-SunGard + 11"
5 Liquigas-Cannondale + 22"
6 BMC Racing Team + 26"
7 Leopard Trek + 29"
8 Team RadioShack + 30"
9 Team Sky + 33"
10 Lampre-ISD + 37"

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Garmin looks the strongest, RadioShack, QuickStep, BMC, Rabobank and Liqui should do well too, while i have no idea what makes Sky (Cav, EBH, Eisel, Flecha, Hayman, Lovkvist, Stannard and Sutton) big favourites all of a sudden, i see them within top-10 but not in top-5...

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
TeoSheva said:
what about Lampre and Katusha? how much Scarponi and JRO will lose from Horner and Evans?

Well, I've posted it in another thread.
I don't expect Katusha to lose nearly as much time as they did last year, with Freire, Ignatyev, Goose, Kuchnynski and Paolini.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
TeoSheva said:
yes they are good, but is JRO that is a stone for them and they should care of him :)

He'll just do what A-S does in his TTT (who stays glued onto Fabian's wheel), and stay right on Freire's wheel without really taking any turns. I think they'll do fine.

TRENDING THREADS