• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 1: Pamplona → Pamplona (TTT) (16.5km)

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
does anyone know if the garmin guys hitting the deck were seriously injured?

i saw the team presentation on rtve just before the ttt...

at 1:2:45...all good between alberto and sky,them showing respect towards the king:D

92754713292127257610.jpg

hopefully a nice battle awaits us

jens_attacks said:
does anyone know if the garmin guys hitting the deck were seriously injured?

i saw the team presentation on rtve just before the ttt...

at 1:2:45...all good between alberto and sky,them showing respect towards the king:D

92754713292127257610.jpg

hopefully a nice battle awaits us

What a brilliant photo there Jens, and massive chapeau for taking it.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Saxo 2 seconds faster than Sky on the second half :eek:
Seems to me Sky had no interest in winning this, it´s to early for a red jersey.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Fidolix said:
Saxo 2 seconds faster than Sky on the second half :eek:
Seems to me Sky had no interest in winning this, it´s to early for a red jersey.

It was one of the best chances to gap Contador unlike they think Froome will destroy him on TT and climbs, so MARGINAL FAIL:D

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Forunculo said:
Am I the only one who think Froome wasn't very good in the last km?

I love the last km, very technical

Actually no, he didn´t look so good from the start, looked like he was struggling a bit, not only in the last km.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Forunculo said:
It was one of the best chances to gap Contador unlike they think Froome will destroy him on TT and climbs, so MARGINAL FAIL:D

Im not so sure, it takes a lot to defend the jersey, and with this small margins its probably not worth the effort.
But we also know they gonna need every bit of energy they can produce, Berto looked awesome, and will surely give em hell.

Can´t wait.

I think someone forgot to Alberto that he was supposed to be weak the first week. I read a interview somewhere where he claimed he had been training harder then he would normally have ridden in GT.

He seemed scary strong, if he really is going to ride himself into form(Better form).. Froome will be in for a big surprise.

Vino attacks everyone said:
Anyone knows if Kash came in with the top 5 astana guys?

I've just looked on the official site and it says that standings are not yet available, from the way the times set by the teams kept changing I'm wondering if there is some sort of timing problem.

Pete

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
AntonioRossi said:
How far back did Garmin end? They have been very unfortunate lately. But Chapeau to movistar. And great result by rabobank as well
1:27. That being said, I haven't seen an overall individual ranking yet, complete with the time splits for dropped riders. Help?

May 19, 2010
Visit site
SetonHallPirate said:
1:27. That being said, I haven't seen an overall individual ranking yet, complete with the time splits for dropped riders. Help?

Sky didn't get the start they wanted so one of the riders crashed so they could restart. UCI is handling the paper work now.

therealtimshady said:
So glad they have got rid of Matt keenan - shame no live coverage though

yeah but this is great anyway. I liked keenan though.

It was amazing when they presented the riders.

They said Contador is the best of his generation, then had Contador present Froome as the main rival and that he was the strongest rider in the Tour and strongest in Vuelta last year.

They then showed Froome and Contador shake hands and presented the challengers as VDB who finished just behind sky in the mountains, gesink who would have had he not crashed, Anton as someone who deliberately missed the rest of the season to win the Vuelta, Menchov as a great who btw is only working for Joaquim Rodriguez, Valverde as a former winner, who btw is only working for the defending champion Cobo.

Then Hammond said Vuelta is the hardest gt and their presenter pointed out that there are 36 mountains.

Their clips of Vuelta mountains had lots of fans too.

Point is new fans watching this will think it is a big deal and im starting to see this as a hell of a lot bigger deal than i did on Es this morning.

Brian Smtih also translated some epic presentation of the saxo team from riis which basically listed every rider by the work they will be doing for Contador.

TRENDING THREADS