2012 World Championships, Men Individual Time Trial: 45.7Km

course/profile:



Favorites:

Tony Martin


Alberto Contador:


contador vs martin time trial results:

Rider 1: Rider 2:
CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto 10 - 2 MARTIN Tony

Nbr Race date Race Rider 1 Rider 2
1 29/08/2012 Vuelta a España, Stage 11 : Cambados - Pontevedra I.T.T. 2. 11.
2 18/08/2012 Vuelta a España, Stage 1 : Pamplona T.T.T. 7. 999.
3 7/03/2010 Paris - Nice, Prologue : Montfort-l’Amaury I.T.T. 4. 64.
4 23/07/2009 Tour de France, Stage 18 : Annecy I.T.T. 1. 11.
5 7/07/2009 Tour de France, Stage 4 : Montpellier T.T.T. 1. 5.
6 4/07/2009 Tour de France, Stage 1 : Monaco I.T.T. 2. 8.
7 8/03/2009 Paris - Nice, Stage 1 : Amilly I.T.T. 1. 4.
8 21/02/2009 Volta ao Algarve, Stage 4 : Castro Marim - Tavira I.T.T. 1. 6.
9 1/06/2008 Giro d'Italia, Stage 21 : Cesano Maderno - Milano I.T.T. 11. 2.
10 26/05/2008 Giro d'Italia, Stage 16 : San Vigilio di Marebbe - Plan de Corones I.T.T. 4. 95.
11 20/05/2008 Giro d'Italia, Stage 10 : Pesaro - Urbino I.T.T. 2. 20.
12 10/05/2008 Giro d'Italia, Stage 1 : Palermo T.T.T. 7. 3
 
Parrulo said:
Rider 1: Rider 2:
CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto 10 - 2 MARTIN Tony

Nbr Race date Race Rider 1 Rider 2
1 29/08/2012 Vuelta a España, Stage 11 : Cambados - Pontevedra I.T.T. 2. 11.
2 18/08/2012 Vuelta a España, Stage 1 : Pamplona T.T.T. 7. 999.
3 7/03/2010 Paris - Nice, Prologue : Montfort-l’Amaury I.T.T. 4. 64.
4 23/07/2009 Tour de France, Stage 18 : Annecy I.T.T. 1. 11.
5 7/07/2009 Tour de France, Stage 4 : Montpellier T.T.T. 1. 5.
6 4/07/2009 Tour de France, Stage 1 : Monaco I.T.T. 2. 8.
7 8/03/2009 Paris - Nice, Stage 1 : Amilly I.T.T. 1. 4.
8 21/02/2009 Volta ao Algarve, Stage 4 : Castro Marim - Tavira I.T.T. 1. 6.
9 1/06/2008 Giro d'Italia, Stage 21 : Cesano Maderno - Milano I.T.T. 11. 2.
10 26/05/2008 Giro d'Italia, Stage 16 : San Vigilio di Marebbe - Plan de Corones I.T.T. 4. 95.
11 20/05/2008 Giro d'Italia, Stage 10 : Pesaro - Urbino I.T.T. 2. 20.
12 10/05/2008 Giro d'Italia, Stage 1 : Palermo T.T.T. 7. 3
:confused:
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Don't forget that on the giro ITT (last one) of 2008 the wind completely turned, just saying ;)
 
Jun 28, 2011
1,394
0
0
Martin has had a disastrous season compared to last year filled with crashes and below par performances, and people expect him to win just because he won a TTT by 3 seconds largely thanks to a cockup from BMC? And Contador didn't even ride the TTT and Martin isn't peaking for the Worlds.

He is definitely a contender, but to say he can win with his eyes closed (some posts in the other thread) is a bit much.
 
sultanofhyd said:
Martin has had a disastrous season compared to last year filled with crashes and below par performances, and people expect him to win just because he won a TTT by 3 seconds largely thanks to a cockup from BMC? And Contador didn't even ride the TTT and Martin isn't peaking for the Worlds.

He is definitely a contender, but to say he can win with his eyes closed (some posts in the other thread) is a bit much.
You can spin your arguments any which way you want, but it's gonna be hard to take you seriously with that avatar. :eek:
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
I don't really mind who wins between Contador and Martin. Perhaps a slight edge towards Martin because of his bad luck this year. Contador already has a big victory this year after all.
 
Jun 28, 2011
1,394
0
0
cineteq said:
You can spin your arguments any which way you want, but it's gonna be hard to take you seriously with that avatar. :eek:
You say Martin is going to win with his eyes closed, and when I challenge that you talk about my avatar.

Talk about sidestepping the argument.

Now I don't have an avatar, is it more comfortable for you to take me seriously?
 
Jul 8, 2012
314
0
0
Nothing has changed since my earlier post in the other Worlds ITT thread

Falken said:
My top 5

1. Martin
2. Contador
3. TVG
4. Westra
5. Phinney

Still, hoping Kessiakoff will break into top 5. :)
Thought Vacansoleil would do better in the TTT with Westra, Larsson and de Gendt, maybe it's an indication that Westra isn't in supershape. Hard to say.
 
sultanofhyd said:
Now I don't have an avatar, is it more comfortable for you to take me seriously?
Yes, absolutely.

Martin is the current world champion, Contador is not a world class TTer like Martin, Wiggins or Cancellara. So Martin has few minutes to spare with Contador's time, even though he's not is top form as many claim. But hey, didn't he win a gold medal few days ago? Didin't his team give all the credit to him for the victory? :)
 
cineteq said:
Yes, absolutely.

Martin is the current world champion, Contador is not a world class TTer like Martin, Wiggins or Cancellara. So Martin has few minutes to spare with Contador's time, even though he's not is top form as many claim. But hey, didn't he win a gold medal few days ago? Didin't his team give all the credit to him for the victory? :)
It says something about you that you can't take people seriously because of their avatar.

Anyway.

Since you're talking about "a few minutes" do you think Martin will pass Alberto on the road :rolleyes:
 
Jun 28, 2011
1,394
0
0
cineteq said:
Yes, absolutely.

Martin is the current world champion, Contador is not a world class TTer like Martin, Wiggins or Cancellara. So Martin has few minutes to spare with Contador's time, even though he's not is top form as many claim. But hey, didn't he win a gold medal few days ago? Didin't his team give all the credit to him for the victory? :)
He isn't? Even though he has beaten all of them, thrashed them at times, multiple times in the past?

Martin himself has claimed he is not in top form, and on what basis are you taking OPQS' performance in the TTT to indicate that Martin is going to win the ITT, when Contador didn't even take part in the TTT?

I guess the most important question is, will you consider Contador to be a world class TTer if he becomes the world champion? If not, then we can't take your arguments seriously either.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
sultanofhyd said:
He isn't? Even though he has beaten all of them, thrashed them at times, multiple times in the past?

Martin himself has claimed he is not in top form, and on what basis are you taking OPQS' performance in the TTT to indicate that Martin is going to win the ITT, when Contador didn't even take part in the TTT?

I guess the most important question is, will you consider Contador to be a world class TTer if he becomes the world champion? If not, then we can't take your arguments seriously either.
Contador is a very good TTer in GTs, also because of his good recovery. But in one day TTs, even TTs in one week races, he's not as strong. I'd be very surprised if he beats Martin tomorrow.
 
theyoungest said:
Contador is a very good TTer in GTs, also because of his good recovery. But in one day TTs, even TTs in one week races, he's not as strong. I'd be very surprised if he beats Martin tomorrow.
That's true, although he did very well in Beijing is 2008. And of course he also does well in tts in 1 week stage races but those are not that long.
 
LaFlorecita said:
Since you're talking about "a few minutes" do you think Martin will pass Alberto on the road :rolleyes:
No, because he'll know his time reference, so why should Tony embarrass him?. :rolleyes:

sultanofhyd said:
I guess the most important question is, will you consider Contador to be a world class TTer if he becomes the world champion?
Yes, of course.

The past is the past, I don't get why you keep bringing this up.

Btw, this is what Contador said today:
"Hay muchos corredores, aunque por encima de todos destaco a Tony Martin por méritos propios. Yo estoy ahí, en un grupo para luchar por las medallas".

Basically he's settling for silver or bronze.

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=55673
 
cineteq said:
No, because he'll know his time reference, so why should Tony embarrass him?. :rolleyes:

Btw, this is what Contador said today:
"Hay muchos corredores, aunque por encima de todos destaco a Tony Martin por méritos propios. Yo estoy ahí, en un grupo para luchar por las medallas".

Basically he's settling for silver or bronze.

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=55673
:rolleyes: Either you're a troll or you're pretty stupid :rolleyes:
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY