• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro d'Italia Stage 7: San Salvo - Pescara 177km

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
STAGE7: San Salvo - Pescara 177 kms

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_planimetria_07.jpg

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_07.jpg

Technical overview:
Very hilly stage, 177 kms with only 4 categorised climbs, but there are more of them. The riders will have to face a lot of climbing from the very start of the stage, without long flat sections. Of this lot of climbs, the most famous ones are those of Chieti (the same, very steep walls of the last Tirrenos). After those, 8 kms of flat will lead the peloton to the climb of S.Maria De Criptis, a very irregular climb with a very steep wall at the top. After the short descent there will be a tricky terrain, with a couple of short walls too. After that, finally, the peloton will hit the final wall of San Silvestro, 1.3 kms at 8.5%, with a steeper middle sector. After a technical descent there will be only 4.5 kms left, on flat and straight roads.

pescaraa.png

What to expect:
Pretty much everything. Imho this stage will go to the breakaway unless a stage hunter keeps control of the race. Gc guys will likely be too worried by stage 8 to make a move. In case the breakaway has been caught, someone could make a move on the final wall though.

IT IS HOPEFULLY GOING TO BE AMAZING!

PROPS TO ESHNAR

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If Nibali doesn't do anything tomorrow, can we consider that a missed chance? ;)

I hope he doesn't wait for the ITT, if he attacks he'll also fatigue Wiggins. These are the stages that are best for him.

But yea they'll prob won't do ****. I guess we'll wait for the mountains, sky is at their weakest there right? :eek:

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Lupetto said:
Uran will win this stage from a small selected group and take the jersey.
This. I'm predicting very little action until a reduced sprint for the finish between GC contenders. If Nibali wants to do something before the finale tomorrow Astana will need to send someone up the road in the break, so we will know early on whether it is going to be an interesting day or not.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
I think Nibali isn't gonna do anything (unless forced)
But I do expect Hesjedal to attack.

Guys why do you think big guns try to check Wiggins out that early? They immediately convince that to drop Wiggins on MTF's will be harder than on hills?

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
spalco said:
I think this stage will be a disappointment. It looks great on paper, but the day after is too crucial for GC riders to ride very hard imo.

They are retards if they don't take any edge they can have on Wiggo

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This stage is perfect for an alliance between Niabali and Hesjedal but i don't think they'll do that, they don't have the balls to go out of their confort zone

TRENDING THREADS