• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Grandes Prix Cyclistes: Québec et Montréal, 13 and 15 of September (WT)

2013 Grandes Prix Cyclistes: Québec et Montréal, 13 and 15 of September (WT)

xf3Mdju.gif

The Canadian classics are back!
Startlist (most teams yet to confirm)

Last Year Top 10:

Québec:
1. Simon Gerrans
2. Greg Van Avermaet (in race)
3. Rui Costa (in race)
4. Luca Paolini
5. Tom-Jelte Slagter (in race)
6. Diego Ulissi
7. Thomas Voeckler
8. Fabian Wegmann
9. Gerald Ciolek
10. Francois Parisien (in race)
Montréal:
1. Lars Petter Nordhaug (in race)
2. Moreno Moser (in race)
3. Alexandr Kolobnev (in race)
4. Simon Gerrans
5. Edvald Boasson Hagen
6. Bjorn Leukemans (in race)
7. Jurgen Roelandts (in race)
8. Rui Costa (in race)
9. Luca Paolini
10. Tony Gallopin (in race)

THE ROUTE AND PROFILES

Québec
3nUsJDB.gif

Montréal
MP7Vasa.gif

EUROSPORT LIVE coverage starts:
Québec: 17:30 GMT, 18:30 CET
Montréal: 18:00 GMT, 19:00 CET

Live streams to be add

Québec:

Profile with gradients.
qHc4Kuf.gif

Côte de la Potasse to finish.
04HMJa1.gif

Montréal:
final not much accurate

Profile with gradients. (end not very accurate)
XaFJmJE.gif

Aveneu du Parc, Last climb. (this is what mapmyride actually gave me? (how accrurate please))
36K6oc9.gif

well, sagan's problem is, that very often, late attack is successful. It was that way 3 years ago, and same last your, altough he was not so astonishing as he is now 3 years ago, and last year, he was clearly out of form, so we'll see. Nevertheless, there is quite considerable hope for the others. But is also very possible, that sagan would have caught gerrans and avarmaet easily alone this year. I am looking forward to it and hope it will be broadcasted on eurosport.

If you open the PDF you will see details:
GP de Québec:
Km 9: Côté de la Montagne: 375m @10% (with 162m@13%)
Km 10: Côté de la Potasse: 420m @9%
Km 11: Montée de la Fabrique: 190m@7%
Km 11: Grand Allée (finish): 1Km@4%
They put the equivalent of 2Km climb in the last 3.6Km. I can't see this being a bunch sprint. My bet is if there is a peloton in the last lap, a few will attack in de la Montagne, the small break will take the next Km to have someone counter attacking at De la Potasse and/or De la Fabrique, and after that is uphill towards the finish line.

Now regarding GP of Montréal:
Km 2: Mont Royal (Camillien Houde) 1.8@8%
Km 6: Polytechnique: 780m@6% (with 200m@11%)
Finish line: 560m@4%

This one is hillier but there is more chance to chase someone after Polytechnique.
Be aware of the sharp corners down Polytechnique on Edouard Montpetit and at the U-turn.

I don't know if I'll drive to Québec but I'll take the kids to Montréal's GP (probably at the Belvédère, willing to run downhill to the finish line after the last passage... I've never done it not sure if it's possible)

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Voeckler 2010... French champion
Gilbert 2011... Belgium champion
Gerrans 2012... Aussie champion

Only kwiatkowski can stop Sagan in Québec :D:D

I haven't been to Montreal since the race was reincarnated, but back at the beginning of the 90s I would put on my running gear and run back and forth across Mount Royal to catch the riders twice per lap towards the end of the race. The route is different now, however.

TRENDING THREADS