• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 14: Saint-Pourçain-sur-Sioule / Lyon 191KM

May 16, 2013
Visit site
2013 Tour de France, Stage 14: Saint-Pourçain-sur-Sioule / Lyon 191KM

PROFIL.png

etape_14.gif

There will be, AT LEAST, one team to watch: MOVISTAR!

Top 10:

1 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 51:00:30
2 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 0:02:28
3 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:02:45
4 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:02:48
5 Laurens Ten Dam (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 0:03:01
6 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team 0:04:39
7 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 0:04:44
8 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (Col) Movistar Team 0:05:18
9 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:05:39
10 Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Katusha 0:05:48

Just in time!

I don't think there's a team with the right riders to pressure Froome tomorrow and then keep in striking range on Ventoux the next day. Ventoux will rearrange the lower ranks of GC.

Does anyone know where to look for wind conditions for the next two days?????

I'm hoping Chavanel gets a win.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Movistar will probably be too cooked to get their revenge today
Im guessing the break will take this
Hopefully Dawg will get isolated on col du pilon

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Today was hard, and Ventoux is the next day, I think the GC and sprinter teams will take the day off and let the break take it.

I would love to see Saxo try and put Sky under pressure again though. :D

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Is tomorrow the day Saxo tests the waters with Kreuziger? And at some point will Belkin be forced to choose between one of their contenders? Will they spend one to advance the other?

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Afrank said:
Today was hard, and Ventoux is the next day, I think the GC and sprinter teams will take the day off and let the break take it.

I would love to see Saxo try and put Sky under pressure again though. :D

this is the reaction to go hard tomorrow. they need to change the fight to endurance instead of power... because froome is the strongest... but is his endurance so good as his power?!

:D

Looking at wind forecasts for tomorrow, it looks similar to today in terms of wind speed. I don't know if it will blow to create echelons though...

Looking at wind forecasts for Ventoux, Ventoux itself looks quiet. Getting to Ventoux, there looks to be light winds and perhaps some gusts.

Uh oh, stage 9 and then today have gotten our hopes up. I feel like it will be Sagan or a breakaway, although Sagan's had enough podiums to be hungry for the stage win, so I see Cannondale doing something.

What I HOPE happens is pressure from the start, Movistar trying to kill Belkin and Sky, Belkin trying to kill Movistar and Sky, Saxo waiting and trying to kill Sky, and an all-out crazy chase for 100km (with Rodriguez in the front group so Katusha doesn't pull). Contador might not be at his best, but his game has always centered around his amazing ability to recover day-to-day in Grand Tours, so if there's anyone who's not afraid to try something the day before Ventoux it's him. More likely they wait until the questionable legs after rest day 2 and drill it into Gap, but you can always hope.

TRENDING THREADS