• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of California: Stage 5: Santa Barbara-Avila Beach (185 km)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
tpqrJ18.png

profile-05.jpg

Looks like a field sprint after a couple climbs to soften the legs up. Sagan, Farrar, Matthew, Meersman, Hushovd, etc. you guys know the contenders. Who'll take it?

I'm gonna go with Sagan for this one. Stuyvens to go well here.

Should be at the very least a very scenic stage. I was up there riding about a month and a half ago and it was beautiful.

Never ridden up San Marcos Pass but I've driven it and it's a pretty decent climb; it'll be a nice launch pad for the break. I'm surprised then didn't give Foxen Canyon (the second rise after descending from San Marcos Pass peaking at about 75 km into the race) a Cat 4 climb rating. Those two should sap the break's legs.

Just before they hit Avila Beach, at about 5k to go, there are some rollers that might affect any forming lead out train.

I don't see any way Sagan doesn't win this one.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
It bears repeating -- the TourTracker is fantastic.

Everybody in the break and everybody in the chasing group is listed. The feed is perfect, and the ticker is solid, too.

TRENDING THREADS