2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC
Qatar was a snooze this year, now to move on to the good one.

Route map


Stage 1, Al Musannah -> Sultan Qaboos University, 162 km


Stage 2, Fanja in Bidbid -> Al Bustan, 146 km


Stage 3, Nakhal Fort -> Wadi Dayqah Dam, 190 km


Continued in next post...
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
Stage 4, Al Saltivah in Samail -> Jabal Al Akhdhar (Green Mountain), 153 km


Stage 5, Al Alam Palace -> Ministry of Housing in Boshar, 144 km


Stage 6, Hawit Nagam Parck -> Matrah Corniche, 144 km
Thanks to Geraint Too Fast for the profile.

Statlist: http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MjM3OTA=

Other info: http://www.tourofoman.om/index.html

Notable starters: Evans, Sagan, Rodriguez, Boonen, Goss, Cancellara, Dombrowski, Froome, Wiggins, Contador, Pozzovivo, Nibali, Gilbert, GVA, Kittel, Degenkolb.
 
Sep 9, 2009
6,391
0
0
Dazed and Confused said:
Shows us what you got, Dombrowski.
Who even knows what he'll be asked to do with that ridiculous team selection Sky have here - They could have 6 or 7 of the first 20 on the climb, or they could ask Dombo to go pick up water bottles and pull the peloton.
 
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Who even knows what he'll be asked to do with that ridiculous team selection Sky have here - They could have 6 or 7 of the first 20 on the climb, or they could ask Dombo to go pick up water bottles and pull the peloton.
yep and the free for all doesn't strike me as being an option for Sky. Team:

CATALDO Dario Italy
DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd United States
FROOME Christopher United Kingdom
KENNAUGH Peter United Kingdom
KIRYIENKA Vasil Belarus
KNEES Christian Germany
PORTE Richie Australia
WIGGINS Bradley United Kingdom

Unlikely to get the jersey early with the above. Riding tempo anyway? Who knows.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
El Pistolero said:
He can't fully stretch his elbow yet, so I'm not sure if he'll do much sprinting or leading out.
He'll do a Schleck then? Just making sure to roll in safely every day, not forcing his elbow. If he's still having trouble with arm movement climbing and sprinting(or anything which involves pulling the handlebars), is very hard, and Oman's got plenty of hills. But ofc he needs to finish this race if he wants to win in April.
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
Pentacycle said:
He'll do a Schleck then? Just making sure to roll in safely every day, not forcing his elbow. If he's still having trouble with arm movement climbing and sprinting(or anything which involves pulling the handlebars), is very hard, and Oman's got plenty of hills. But ofc he needs to finish this race if he wants to win in April.
He trained over 1000km in 6 days on Mallorca, so no, he ain't doing a Schleck. :cool:
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Who even knows what he'll be asked to do with that ridiculous team selection Sky have here - They could have 6 or 7 of the first 20 on the climb, or they could ask Dombo to go pick up water bottles and pull the peloton.
Dombro will probably be a domestique for the climbs, and they will support whoever has the best chance at victory.

Although I would love to see him riding partly for himself, especially on Green Mountain. I think he could do well there. And they do already have a number of guys for the climbs, so he might get a little more freedom.
 
Jul 13, 2012
342
0
0
So,stages 4 and 5 look like guaranteed fireworks but does anyone think the profile of stage 2 might be interesting,is it possible the two late climbs might catch out some riders? (excluding Guardini and Kittel)

Any ideas folks?
 
Telmisartan new said:
So,stages 4 and 5 look like guaranteed fireworks but does anyone think the profile of stage 2 might be interesting,is it possible the two late climbs might catch out some riders? (excluding Guardini and Kittel)

Any ideas folks?
stage two is ideal for a flat stage. It will give somebody like Gilbert a chance to mix things up with the sprinters.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
El Pistolero said:
I wonder what role Boonen will play.
Does this matter? Contador starts after all lol

Really though i don't expect much from him. I wonder if he'll get enough shape for milan-sanremo.

I doubt he'll have it at the omloop already.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS