• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 6: Guijuelo → Cáceres (175 km)

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 6: Guijuelo → Cáceres (175 km)

Profile:
profile-06.jpg

Finally a flat stage at the vuelta. . . .

Last 5 km:
6uk.png

Weather:
etp6.gif

Weather: There will be sunny weather on the first half of the race becoming to partially cloudy sky with alternating sun and clouds at the sky.

Winds: Wind will be light on the almost all journey. It will blow Northeasterly and Easterly wind on the all course being from left side and favourable for the cyclists from the departure to the arrival in Caceres.

Temperatures: Between 20ºC at the start increasing to 29ºC as the highest and hot value for the last kms of the stage. Dry sensation.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Caceres is a nice place! I went there a few moths ago on a road trip from Sevilla to Salamanca. But more or less in the middle of nowhere and very flat as I recall. Too bad I can't watch it today

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
Typical, I get 4 days off work and it seems only Saturdays stage will be worth watching.

Matthews with a nice chance for another stage. Still hoping Eddy Boss can do something but it's more in hope rather than expectation now... :(

He'll need Rowe to be there and give him a good leadout if he is going to win, his positioning has been poor the last two days.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
any idea on who took the sprint points?

as usual our great lavuelta ticker is hopeless in that regard.

Good tactical move by tony martin. But as he is alone in the move, impossible for him to win, unless something bad happens like say an earthquake that leaves the peloton behind..