• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 9: Antequera → Valdepeñas de Jaén (163.7 km)

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 9: Antequera → Valdepeñas de Jaén (163.7 km)

Map
mapa9.jpg

9_perfil.png

Final km's
9uk.png

Remember this finish?
Anton winning in 2010
Purito winning in 2011

Weather
etp9.gif

So, Purito or Moreno?

This is surely one for the breakaway. Very hard stage on Monday, and as this is too hard for the sprinters Saxo will probably lead the peleton as slowly as possible once the break is established. Hansen, Losada, Zandio and Landa are my picks for tomorrow, but I expect there will be a fierce fight the first hour to get into the final break.

marco.t

BANNED
Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
When there are bonus seconds at the finish like this, it's likely that a team with a suited GC contender will try to control the stage.
The most of previously lost, amongst the top contenders, could be compensated (or gained if there was no loss) in only couple of hundreds of meters including the bonus.
So, Katusha starring tomorrow.

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Purito, Moreno and Valverde to be top 3

Im not picking on this post in particular and I know theres different types of climbs but how long before the people who look like they are in form start becoming favourites. I could be wrong and Moreno looks good but im not sure about the others. Would liked to have seen more of the tour so far. That's my excuse if im wrong.

TRENDING THREADS