• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco, Stage 3 Vitoria Gasteiz - Trapagan 167.7 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

With how many minutes will Porte win?

• Porte won't win (vino-option)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the asian said:
3 Colombians in top 4 and Ulissi finishing 5th. The young guns are going well

Conta struggling a bit but the super steep stuff is not his favourite terrain, so no real surprises there.

Surprised to see Spilak getting 8th, seems to be in good form.

Spilak has been impressive. Contador ride was solid after missing some racing and the climb not his favourite type. TT will decide this race anyway, the way it's looking.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
**** that ****. Contador from the old days should win this, it's that simple.

We all know it.

I still give him credit but it's not looking good atm. This field is not so strong aswell.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Very weak display by Saxo-Tinkoff today, but in tune with what we have seen so far this year. Their effort to start up a train was pathetic, tempo set by roche and Sorensen so weak, that other riders quickly by-passed them. Kreuziger was not with Contador in the fininishng moments of the stage.
Compare that with what Sky are doing. Maybe Riis has his mind affected by all the affairs and can't think and act clear no more.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
hfer07 said:
not to justify his poor performance today - but I kind of sense that Contador is "seriously studying" the Sky "modus Operandi" rather than attack, well knowing he'll be brought back by them anyways....

Mentally it must be not easy for Contador. He loves to attack but it's pointless right now unless he's super it's a waste of energy.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
not to justify his poor performance today - but I kind of sense that Contador is "seriously studying" the Sky "modus Operandi" rather than attack, well knowing he'll be brought back by them anyways....

He is just not very good. He hasn't been for a single race this season.

fantastic ride by the colombians_O_ bad asz sprint right there

well for sure it didn't seem that alberto improved from tirreno. and to not call this his territory it's bullshiit. remember that mende used to be his climb,3 km@10%. he might catch though a good day and win the whole race with a move
for me the big favourite is now richie for overall

very good stage, they did ride on calizas too after all

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I'm not so worried about Contador for the Tour but I think his team is seriously overrated.

The team is getting better, but they are definitely still not good enough. They'll need to be much better than they were today for the Tour.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
willbick said:
The blissful naivety about Contador's performances in recent times is a wonder to behold

Actually I don't think people are naive they just realise that this isn't the right section to talk about it (unlike you as always)