• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco, Stage 3 Vitoria Gasteiz - Trapagan 167.7 km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

With how many minutes will Porte win?

• Porte won't win (vino-option)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Taxus4a said:
Jose Herrada, his older brother.
Jose climb best than Herrada, who is a decent sprinter and best rouleour...
Jesus is in Paris Roubaix this weekend...
Jose was working and managed to hold in the final.. very impressive.

In that case, less surprising, as José is pretty good at that. Could have sworn it said Jesús when the GC came up at the end.

keithmcmahon said:
http://teamsaxotinkoff.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=3955

Hmmm, rain, danger plus plead for sky to control the race?

I think this is a bluff and Saxo will attack.

Whatever happens, Kiryenka is in for a busy day.

Most important thing for Sky is that they don't let any of the Saxo or Movistar guys who are quite close on GC like Kreuziger, Intxausti, Costa or Herrada get in the break. It might be hard to control all three Movistar guys so if I was the Sky DS I'd be focusing on Kreuziger (Contador goes without saying) which should ensure that the strong Saxo team are forced to give Sky some help.

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
JRanton said:
Most important thing for Sky is that they don't let any of the Saxo or Movistar guys who are quite close on GC like Kreuziger, Intxausti, Costa or Herrada get in the break. It might be hard to control all three Movistar guys so if I was the Sky DS I'd be focusing on Kreuziger (Contador goes without saying) which should ensure that the strong Saxo team are forced to give Sky some help.

Agree difficult early on which will use up Drombrowski and Xandio, then Saxo will attack on about the third climb from home which will use up Kiryienka and then Porte, Henao isolated for last climb. (JTL out of form)

Contador could win the GC tomorrow just by having a stronger team, unfortunately.

keithmcmahon said:
Agree difficult early on which will use up Drombrowski and Xandio, then Saxo will attack on about the third climb from home which will use up Kiryienka and then Porte, Henao isolated for last climb. (JTL out of form)

Contador could win the GC tomorrow just by having a stronger team, unfortunately.

But you just need to mark Contador and Kreuziger. It doesn't really matter if other Saxo riders attack at that stage because they're so far down on GC. So Porte marks Contador (as he has been throughout the race) and Henao marks Kreuziger. It doesn't really matter if Henao and Porte are isolated on the last climb because they're probably two of the best four climbers in the race.

Movistar could well be the team to benefit with Sky and Saxo marking each other.

JRanton said:

Teams with three riders close to the minute mark or better:

Katusha
Garmin
AG2R
Movistar
EUS (just about)

Sky will likely burn all of the team except the three bigs somewhere close to the top of the 2nd climb imo.

From there anything seems possible, exactly as it should be.

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
JRanton said:
But you just need to mark Contador and Kreuziger. It doesn't really matter if other Saxo riders attack at that stage because they're so far down on GC. So Porte marks Contador (as he has been throughout the race) and Henao marks Kreuziger. It doesn't really matter if Henao and Porte are isolated on the last climb because they're probably two of the best four climbers in the race.

Movistar could well be the team to benefit with Sky and Saxo marking each other.

Exactly, who is left to mark Quintana and the rest?

Might be best for Porte to stay with Contador and for Henao to go with however makes a breakaway on the final climb.

keithmcmahon said:
Exactly, who is left to mark Quintana and the rest?

Might be best for Porte to stay with Contador and for Henao to go with however makes a breakaway on the final climb.

Yes, once they've hit the last climb Kreuziger becomes much less significant so Henao can mark Quintana or even attack himself like today.

Ai ai Alberto.... Sky has a very good level but getting beaten by Kwiatkowski, Santambrogio, Caruso just shows that Contador isn't in good shape this year. He seems to be riding a lot based on his talent/base level and not really building up....

TRENDING THREADS