• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco, Stage 6 Beasain-Beasain 24 km ITT

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When Will Porte Catch Contador?

• Porte won't win (vino-option)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
willbick said:
To call contador a natural TTer is ridiculous. Martin, wiggins and canc are natural TTers. Cont is a natural climber who is now finding his true TT level. No idea why
seeing as it was pointed out to you that Contador was a tter to start with and you continue with this, it's becoming clear you are just here to troll.

RHRH19861986 said:
Fuglsang finished the race in 31st overall, and in today´s TT was exactly 18 seconds faster than 41 year old Voigt.

Astana won´t be happy with him, again, after this week, and if he goes on like that, they´ll have to rethink who´ll be leader for the Tour.

He´s not bad, for sure, but if I´m right, he´s on a three-year-contract (!) on Astana, and is thought to be their Grand Tour leader alongside Nibali. That´s somehow strange, how can himself, his manager and especially the team justify that? He´s 1985 born...

He´s likeable and everything, but he won´t ride for Astana for 100.000 EUR a year. Tours of Luxemburg, Denmark, Austria and Slowenia victories aren´t bad, either, as is TdS podium, but all in all, that´s not what himself and the people around him expect, I think.

so Fuglsang > Voigt

Still think Fuglsang is overrated and way overvalued. His performance in the break yesterday was very telling. Perhaps its time to abandon the MPCC.

willbick said:
To call contador a natural TTer is ridiculous. Martin, wiggins and canc are natural TTers. Cont is a natural climber who is now finding his true TT level. No idea why

So why has he always been a good tter, won U23 national ITT championships aged 19, first pro stage win was a tt in poland, etc. He is tough to place, I think he is neither a natural tter nor a natural climber, he is good at both and a slightly better climber than tter. Still a good tter when on top form and since Saiz signed him as a tter one could say he used to be regarded as a tter who could climb like the asian said

Oh great. Another repeat of the story how Contador winning an uphill TT to Karpacz after sitting in the bus in the morning stage is the sign of his great TT ability.

Or winning the U23 Spain title? Against who?

In Zolder in 2002 and GP de Nations the same year he got blown away.

LaFlorecita said:
So why has he always been a good tter, won U23 national ITT championships aged 19, first pro stage win was a tt in poland, etc. He is tough to place, I think he is neither a natural tter nor a natural climber, he is good at both and a slightly better climber than tter. Still a good tter when on top form and since Saiz signed him as a tter one could say he used to be regarded as a tter who could climb like the asian said

Its nice to get a decent answer and not be accused of 'trolling' because i have a different opinion. Needless to say i dont agree with it but thanks all the same

roundabout said:
Oh great. Another repeat of the story how Contador winning an uphill TT to Karpacz after sitting in the bus in the morning stage is the sign of his great TT ability.

Or winning the U23 Spain title? Against who?

In Zolder in 2002 and GP de Nations the same year he got blown away.

He may not have been a TT talent of Cancellara's level, and the Spanish TT scene isn't great either, but he was regarded as a TT who could climb rather than the other way around. He certainly wasn't known as a explosive climber back then.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Team SKY keep doing it don't they? I can't believe that Quintana could possibly produce a TT like that...what is it they're giving them at SKY. I completely hate this sport because of what SKY are doing to it.....oh wait....what?

Quintana rides for Movistar? Oh, in that case, amazing ride. My new favourite rider. His incredible ride is nothing but a huge benefit to the great sport of cycling. Big thumbs up from me.

(I'm not cynical about Quintana by the way.)

LaFlorecita said:

He's not tough to place at all, he's a natural hero:cool:

djlovesyou said:
Team SKY keep doing it don't they? I can't believe that Quintana could possibly produce a TT like that...what is it they're giving them at SKY. I completely hate this sport because of what SKY are doing to it.....oh wait....what?

Quintana rides for Movistar? Oh, in that case, amazing ride. My new favourite rider. His incredible ride is nothing but a huge benefit to the great sport of cycling. Big thumbs up from me.

)

Quintana showed more gt skills before he turned 21 than Wiggins Porte and froome did before they turned 25. Combined.

but facts don't tend to mix well with blind nationalism.

TRENDING THREADS