• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Scheldeprijs, 201km, 1.HC 09 April

How many riders will crash?

• 50-200

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's time for The Official Best Race In The World®

It's even 3 km shorter, so prepare for more action!

Scheldeprijs-2014-route-map.jpg

2014_scheldeprijs_profile.png

Link with startlist

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
With Farrar, Kamikaze Kenny and Astana in a 200km nervous flat sprint race, I don't have a clue why anybody would want to participate in this race. :eek:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
This is going to be an epic race! Just think of all the potential for action we could have here...First riders from conti teams like topsport or UHC going into the break, then teams like Giant and OPQS will set to work chasing them down, (then a couple hours of just chasing), but then! they catch them and...some more riding at the front for a leadout. Then maybe a crash! And...giant or OPQS continues to ride the front for Kittel or Cav. Then they sprint...

Hmm...well this race is gonna suck.

In the name of God, Allah, and all that is holy in all religions including all nine million deities of Shinto, couldn't you have censored the title? Normally this forum isn't NSFW, and I nearly had a coronary when I saw this!

You could have a better race by lining up 200 riders, karate chopping through the collarbones of 20 selected at random, and then having a 1km race between the other 180.

This race basically only exists to injure people.

Libertine Seguros said:
In the name of God, Allah, and all that is holy in all religions including all nine million deities of Shinto, couldn't you have censored the title? Normally this forum isn't NSFW, and I nearly had a coronary when I saw this!

You could have a better race by lining up 200 riders, karate chopping through the collarbones of 20 selected at random, and then having a 1km race between the other 180.

1 of the best things about the forum, LS ranting about de Scheldeprijs, keep going:D. I still agree though

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:

Best post EVER:D:D:D:Drofl

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Sad to see no Cav in the lineup, we have all been looking forward to Kittel taking on the Manxman in this race for a number of weeks now. Even so, I shall be finding it hard to sleep tonight, my favourite race of the year.

I think Lotto-Belisol will want to have revenge and this time they will take out half of the peloton in the last 10 km's before falling themselves in the last km or so and hereby hindering one lone ride to arrive...

a good help could of course come from Astana with that Kamikaze spurter Tleubayev and Garmins Farrar.

On a more serious note, curious to see how far Drucker from Wanty will get in a bunch sprint

Oh were are the times of VDB :rolleyes:
http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/140408_Retro_Scheldeprijs

Bernie's eyesore said:
Sad to see no Cav in the lineup, we have all been looking forward to Kittel taking on the Manxman in this race for a number of weeks now. Even so, I shall be finding it hard to sleep tonight, my favourite race of the year.

I was also bummed to hear about Cav and Griepel. I was looking forward to a showdown between these three. Looks like Kittel will be a lot more likely to win, as long as he stays safe. Who could honestly give him a run for his money if it comes to a group sprint?

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Boeckmans to start his sprint only to A. get boxed in or B. have his bike fail.

A pity this is the only pro race that passes near my home, still gonna watch it though just to see how beastly Gaudin looks in reality.

De Snelle Duif said:
Boeckmans to start his sprint only to A. get boxed in or B. have his bike fail.

A pity this is the only pro race that passes near my home, still gonna watch it though just to see how beastly Gaudin looks in reality.

will you be grabbing some pics love to see them if so.

this race is what it is, purely a filler its not worth getting worked up about