• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 18, Stage 13: Saint-Étienne - Chamrousse 197.5km

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Man that is harsh don't talk silly my friend. We have alot more evidenceto bckFroome and Contador over Nibali. You mkae it seem they can't beat Nibali lol. Valverde was better early on last year. Please go watch AX-3 stage Froome put a min plus into Valverde. And that is a fairly short climb. So stop with the Nibali in form of his life when the 2 best guys aint in the race

Lol again this crap,how the **** do you know that Nibali wouln't have dropped Contador or Froome,how can you guarantee that they wouldn't have a bad day aka Richie,they are not here so stop dreaming,Nibali won this stage,wake up.

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Nibali's style is very effective, Froome's is spectacular but not so effective :). He wanted to show something in the 2nd stage of Dauphine and failed, only 4 seconds between him and 3rd place. And he attacked like hell.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Max you just being biast but it is ok, you're a Nibali fan. Put yourslef in our shoes say Nibali was GT dominator you wold be the same. You say about the race that is going on but what about never winning a MTF vs the 2 who are out?. Just admit it this TDF will have *next to it. Never have the top 2 favourites had to abandoned. It is like LA and Ullrich abandoning it don't happen.

2014 TDF WINNER. Nibali * lol

arvc40 said:
Whatever Nibali can or can't do, he bores me to tears and always has. Don't get any buzz watching him race. Tuff for me I guess

And, previously...

arvc40 said:
Tour over for me now TV going off.

arvc40 said:
TV off. Tour over for me too

arvc40 said:
29 years I've watched and never missed a second. Can't see point in watching race now.

arvc40 said:
You tell me. The TV is off. Roll on Tour of Spain.

Yawn.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
sir fly said:
There were no guarantees the plan would've succeed.

why bother, in those fanatic AC fan ID's eyes, every mountain top AC can gain at least one min. Don't wast your energy trying to argue or persuade them. There is a reason it is called fanatic.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Jancouver said:
King Leo to attack on the last climb to get back some of the 3min he lost when that "IDIOT" Talansky took him down.

Would be cool if he would get into the break but as per his own words, he is just trying to slowly climb up the ladder.

Just to follow up on my post from yesterday ...

I think king Leo must be even more upset losing those 3 minutes when that "IDIOT" Talansky took him down because he would be already at 6th place.

... I think he can still make TOP 5 (if he doesnt crack tomorrow after his today's effort)

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Max you just being biast but it is ok, you're a Nibali fan. Put yourslef in our shoes say Nibali was GT dominator you wold be the same. You say about the race that is going on but what about never winning a MTF vs the 2 who are out?. Just admit it this TDF will have *next to it. Never have the top 2 favourites had to abandoned. It is like LA and Ullrich abandoning it don't happen.

There are plenty of tours where the fields weren't significantly different then what we have left now.

Sastre's win didn't have a serious climber on the level of Froome or Contador. Neither did Evans' win unless you view Andy back then as a climber worthy of the same consideration. And you could argue that in 2012 the only climber of note was forced to shephard the race winner (Froome for Wiggins).

I'm not saying Nibali isn't a level below Froome and Contador... I'm just saying we have plenty of Tours without a Froome or Contador level climber participating.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the nibalifans. Contador wouldn't be able to do anything against nibali.

Ok Contador was crushing the competition this entire year and ok Contador never lost in a GT versus nibali and ok nibali always got crushed by Contador and ok Contador wasn't breathing in the first small test last saterday.

This all should be ignored. Nibali is the best!!

And Froome, meh nibali would have crushed Froome cause he has better bike handling skills.

Nibali for life.

But still some nibalifans were happy Contador crashed. It's the bike handling skills, too good.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
arvc40 said:
2014 TDF WINNER. Nibali * lol

Haha lol, yep their should be a note top 2 favs were out of race for first time in decades too. Oh i pray Nibali does the TDF next year. And i know Froome at least will shut the Nibali fans up. How dumb can they be, eh hello this is 2014 Froome is better than Nibali so is Contador did you not know? Their logic though is their not in the race, hilarious.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Jancouver said:
Just to follow up on my post from yesterday ...

I think king Leo must be even more upset losing those 3 minutes when that "IDIOT" Talansky took him down because he would be already at 6th place.

... I think he can still make TOP 5 (if he doesnt crack tomorrow after his today's effort)

true, but don't be so harsh to our fellow Americans. Btw, I don't like AT either.

TRENDING THREADS