• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tro Bro Leon, 20th April (202.9 km)

It's almost time for the Amstel Gold Race, which means it's almost time for this great race as well.

image.jpg

Start List

It's live on France 3 (Bretagne) from 15:30 CET.

pour-s-impregner-des-lieux-johan-le-bon-ici-sur-le-tro-bro_1862830_660x372.jpg

Official Site

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
The AGR - Tro Bro Leon conflict which is of equal proportions the Ukraine one.

Without a doubt many cycling fans would follow both if they could.

And Bretagne.... very beautiful in places.
220px-Bretagne_Finistere_PointeduRaz15119.jpg

I can see Mourey getting two in a row.

A two minute report from last year's race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hyO4mJK7YM

Yeah, a pity Eurosport aren't showing it like they did last year.

Really enjoyed it and it's a race that deserves more attention in it's own right.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
It should be moved away from the AGR slot. Would perhaps give a chance than other WT teams than the frenchies show up. Very nice race indeed.

Gloin22 said:
Hardly a breakout result though.

He's just not the same level of likes Demare and Bouhanni. He'll always be a 3rd rate sprinter.
I haven't watched the race but this doesn't look like a sprint win to me. Maybe he can turn into a decent classics rider. I agree with you that concerning speed, he can't hold a candle to Demare or Bouhanni.

trevim said:
I haven't watched the race but this doesn't look like a sprint win to me. Maybe he can turn into a decent classics rider. I agree with you that concerning speed, he can't hold a candle to Demare or Bouhanni.

yep, the win was not from a bunch sprint. Still awaiting footage....

Result with gaps:
1. PETIT Adrien COF 04:56:15
2. DASSONVILLE Flavien AUB 00:00:03
3. PINEAU Cedric FDJ 00:00:27
4. PERICHON Pierre-Luc BSE 00:00:31
5. JARRIER Benoit BSE 00:00:41
6. LINDEMAN Bertjan RDT 00:00:41
7. TURGOT Sébastien ALM 00:00:41
8. JEROME Vincent EUC 00:00:41
9. LEVARLET Guillaume COF 00:00:41
10. CORBEL Erwann BSE 00:00:44

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It was a very nice race, with a fair bit of movement, really more of a Flanders type of rac with the dirt roads playing the role of Cobbles. le Tro Bro Léon is, with les 4 jours de Dunkerque in early may, part of those very nice second rate races that have this flanders flavour but end up stuck in the calendar, facing the Ardennaises or the giro. Hard to find good slots for all those races.

Regarding Petit, to me he was never a sprinter, and it was a mistake to try to use him as such. He lacks a bit of explosion and the killer/psycho mentality a sprinter needs to have.

He is making the conversion into classicman/attacker. He has more of a Ladagnous profile : Good on cobbles, fast enough to win sprints in small groups of 10/15, but can't do better than top10 in bunch sprints. Still a solid young rider, who with this different focus could get a couple of victories per year and some good placings on WT classics.

TRENDING THREADS