• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Volta a Catalunya, Stage 2: Mataro → Girona (171.2 Kms)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
map-02.jpg

Volta-Ciclista-a-Catalunya-Stage-2-1392216293.png

ALT DE CAN BORDOI (P.M. 3ª Cat.). 2.8km, avg. 5.3%, max 7%
ALT DE SANTA PELLAIA (P.M. 2ª Cat.). 5.9km, avg 4%, max 6%

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
well.. surely someone will attack on that last little bump. Unless its a lot less steep than it looks on the profile.

I guess ill go with Lulu again.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Jspear said:
Afrank I apprectiate you putting the distances and gradiants for the mountains....it helps.

Those I am getting via Wallenquist in the thread for the whole race he created. So credit to him for that info.

going by the profile they just look like longer slight steeper drags, just estimate but for first hill about 12km with 135metres of climbing so not even 2% but who knows with these weird profiles, it might well be these are just flattish roads before a kick which could be attacked im backing on a sprint

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well Dan Martin was on the paper over here on Sunday singling out this stage as one to target. That last climb must have a suitable gradient for him to say that.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Bookmakers seem to be thinking another bunch sprint. That profile looks hillier than it really is I think. Still, maybe there is a late attack and some of the heavier guys get dropped trying to stay on. Dumoulin? Luis Leon Sanchez? Anthony Roux? If it's a bunch sprint it's probably down to Mezgec v. Howard again.

ok, break gone with 2 minutes or so:

16 BELKOV, Maxim (RUS/Karusha)
105 KOCH, Michel (GER/Cannondale)
151 VOECKLER, Thomas (FRA/Europcar)
193 MARCZYNSKI, Tomasz (POL/CCC Polsat)
197 RUTKIEWICZ, Marek (POL/CCC Polsat)
212 BAUGNIES, Jérôme (BEL/Wanty)

Somewhat good combination. Should bring the pace up overall.

Go tongue man.

TRENDING THREADS