• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 6: S-B-en-C > Villard-de-Lans 183km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Second time this happend.

First froome went yesterday and we thought it was over, couldn't hold it. And now happens with nibali.

Well they still have 3 weeks.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
rm7 said:
Lol hahahahaha seriously thought it was a strong attack by Nibali. I guess it wasn't.

Just what Horner told about Nibali last year his attacks are very explosive and then his pace drops to normal and you can him peg him back then

Kudos to Nibali, still the strongest rider today and the one who did most pulls. It was funny to see Costa asking Nibs to pull on the descents because he knew it was best for all, even though Costa goes quite good downhill on wet roads himself.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
indianfanboy said:
rm7 said:
Lol hahahahaha seriously thought it was a strong attack by Nibali. I guess it wasn't.

Just what Horner told about Nibali last year his attacks are very explosive and then his pace drops to normal and you can him peg him back then

He was basing that on fat-Nibs that he faced at the Vuelta the year before. Some of his attacks at the Tour last year seemed to suggest otherwise. In particular the Hautacam

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
indianfanboy said:
rm7 said:

That never made any sense. If you're a better climber, you can do a better average pace. Then no one can peg you back.

If you can't do a better even pace up a climb, you're just not a better climber.

Short anerobic efforts and recovering from them is useful to get rid of people on their wheel, but that's it.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
whittashau said:
indianfanboy said:
rm7 said:

He was basing that on fat-Nibs that he faced at the Vuelta the year before. Some of his attacks at the Tour last year seemed to suggest otherwise. In particular the Hautacam

Nibali himself told he probably has a half a kilo to lose before the Tour and he is in decent shape and he obviously went all in today....at Hautacam he was very impressive though

TRENDING THREADS