• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Paris Nice Stage 2 Saint-Agnan to Saint-Amand-Montrond 172km

Unless there is a bit of wind, today's stage is unlikely to be too exciting. Profile below.

PROFIL.jpg

And here is a look at the last few kilometres.

PROFILKMS.jpg

The winner over the Category 2 will take the mountains jersey. Very unlikely to be any GC action.

Forecast is for sunshine, 14C and a light north-east breeze (15km/h).

Main contenders are Kristoff, Degenkolb, Haussler, Coquard, Bouhanni, Demare, Hofland, Matthews and maybe Greipel.

In then spirit of Cheltenham, I have had a moderate bet on Nacer Bouhanni, more in hope than expectation.

barmaher said:
Last year was pretty bad, too. I think Degenkolb was in second place just a couple of seconds back until Stage 5 or 6.
Last year was pretty good. They changed the parcours so it was not a GC for the grimpeurs. This year they have reverted to the more traditional GC format and for some reason the teams are content to roll along at very slow speeds.

I think we can expect another intervention from the race organisers again today.

wirral said:
Last year was pretty good. They changed the parcours so it was not a GC for the grimpeurs. This year they have reverted to the more traditional GC format and for some reason the teams are content to roll along at very slow speeds.

I think we can expect another intervention from the race organisers again today.

What a pathetic race this is and the organizers' pump up is just a direct proof how poorly were those stages "designed".
The stark contrast to TA which is the most entertaining race year in year out.