• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 2: Alhaurín de la Torre / Caminito del Rey

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Angliru said:
sir fly said:
Libertine Seguros said:
I suspect that although it isn't right, the fact that it's the first road stage and it's somebody as major as Nibali means he will likely be allowed to stay in the race (whereas if it were stage 11 or so and especially if it was a relatively inconsequential domestique they would probably get the DQ), but the fact that that video has now gone out and been seen and shared online means the organizers will have to do something otherwise they could be in for a rough three weeks trying to keep order; it's got to be a penalty and realistically the usual 1- or 2-minute penalties might not be sufficient given how blatant that was and how obviously the race can be affected by it. 5 mins might be an acceptable compromise.
That's the exact point.
It's really sad how that arrogant environment is affecting Nibali's image.
The Italian contingent should do something to build respectable domestic team.

Certainly Nibali has to take the brunt of the responsibility. He's no milquetoast void of independent thought.
Of course.
What I meant is that his independent thought is changing under the influence of environment.

Billie said:
hrotha said:
Billie said:
willbick said:
I reckon hell get 2 mins

10 secs like Peraud got in the Tour is what it should be.
You already said that a couple of times. Go spam Guillén if you want to make a difference, but you're not going to convince many people here that this was business as usual.

Half the posters in this thread asking for a DQ is such a ridiculous claim i feel the need to 'spam' :rolleyes: :eek:

:rolleyes:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Escarabajo said:
PremierAndrew said:
Wonder how Aru feels about that
Stealing a picture from Big Mac's post:

For me that is advertising child abuse. Please dont post that again. Even if its only a quote. Its just disgusting what USAmericans do to their kids.... No other of the circa 199 countries of this world need that BS. Thanks in advance.
I won't post it again, but I think you are taking it a little too serious. There are other things in other cultures that I find disgusting as well. Much much worse. Having said that, in this case I agree with you a little bit.

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

jaylew said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Escarabajo said:
PremierAndrew said:
Wonder how Aru feels about that
Stealing a picture from Big Mac's post:

[/url]"]
zQLjk9d31jlMQ.gif

For me that is advertising child abuse. Please dont post that again. Even if its only a quote. Its just disgusting what USAmericans do to their kids.... No other of the circa 199 countries of this world need that BS. Thanks in advance.
Oh good lord, Foxxy. Relax. :rolleyes:

I'd wager Foxxy stays in butthurt mode 24-7. No one likes those shows, but maybe he can be the one to troll them enough to get them cancelled. Good luck and Godspeed young Turk.

Mr.White said:
Libertine Seguros said:
CNGwCx-XAAAIaWL.jpg

Froome got given a second on the GC over Valverde and Moreno. It's pretty meaningless as Valverde got those two bonus seconds, and the screencap is slightly misleading as Froome sat up a bit at the line, but I wouldn't be surprised if the race jury give the all three the same time by the time they roll out tomorrow.

I rewatched the stage, there was no gap at all between Froome and Valverde

There absolutely wasn't.

TMP402 said:
Mr.White said:
Libertine Seguros said:
CNGwCx-XAAAIaWL.jpg

Froome got given a second on the GC over Valverde and Moreno. It's pretty meaningless as Valverde got those two bonus seconds, and the screencap is slightly misleading as Froome sat up a bit at the line, but I wouldn't be surprised if the race jury give the all three the same time by the time they roll out tomorrow.

There absolutely wasn't.

Froome gets a bit too much from the Spanish. More then Valverde apparently :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

yespatterns said:
jaylew said:
[quote="http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewto...ed. Good luck and Godspeed young Turk.[/quote

I am not "butthurt"... but rather some guys who need to bring the stuff up again and again...

So: Remember; Its disgusting child abuse happening in "gods own country". And I felt free to express my disgust in one post.

I guess we´d rather get back on topic now...

Kwibus said:
TMP402 said:
Mr.White said:
Libertine Seguros said:
CNGwCx-XAAAIaWL.jpg

There absolutely wasn't.

Valverde's two bonus seconds means he isn't too hard done by but yes, all this talk of a Vuelta designed for Froome...

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Nibali won all my fandom in the world in the Tour last year, but very glad to see him gone for that. Disgraceful.
You can't let that go and think precedent is not set....

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

greenedge said:
Libertine Seguros said:
This is when Ryo needs to return to tell us how we are all idiots for not having Chaves as our overall GC favourite. Great ride today.

It was superb :eek: :)

If there was no ITT he could have been a dark horse. Even with the ITT a top 10 in GC is his goal.
He won't finish in top10 imo

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Escarabajo said:
arvc40 said:
Froome going to win this easy. Has not got Contador to Box him for 3 weeks. Maybe when he gets a heafty lead he will let Quintana have another gift.
Yeah, you are right, because Contador was "un-boxable" at the Tour!

No, I am talking about the manner in which Contador raced the Tour of Spain in both 12 an 14. Without him there to race like that the GC is Froomes. We all know Contador was not up to it at the Tour. The others will be a walk over for Froome.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm relatively new to comprehending road racing; but why did Dumoulin refuse to work? surely if he had enough energy to keep Chaves's wheel then he had enough energy to 'lead'; or was he just wheelsucking big-time?

Kwibus said:
TMP402 said:
Mr.White said:
Libertine Seguros said:
CNGwCx-XAAAIaWL.jpg

There absolutely wasn't.

Corrected now according to the Vuelta live ticker

Re:

markjohnconley said:
I'm relatively new to comprehending road racing; but why did Dumoulin refuse to work? surely if he had enough energy to keep Chaves's wheel then he had enough energy to 'lead'; or was he just wheelsucking big-time?

He was on his limit and barely hanging on. I'm sure it was obvious to him that Chaves was stronger and he knew his only chance was to wheelsuck the entire way and hope to win the sprint. Good ride by him, though.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
chaves is going for gc and this is the race I said all year long to judge him on. yesterday was amazing. also the itt won't be that bad to him as it comes after nearly 3 weeks I think and he trained a lot on it.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

markjohnconley said:
re: Chaves
"He won't finish in top10 imo"

Probably not, but he just WON A STAGE!, which is probably more than at least one of the final top 3
Thats true and I havent said otherwise :)

Btw I forgot to congratulate him after yesterday's great win.Amazing job Chavito!

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

ILovecycling said:
greenedge said:
Libertine Seguros said:
This is when Ryo needs to return to tell us how we are all idiots for not having Chaves as our overall GC favourite. Great ride today.

It was superb :eek: :)

If there was no ITT he could have been a dark horse. Even with the ITT a top 10 in GC is his goal.
He won't finish in top10 imo
This can be plausible. Chaves has some history of being irregular. Of course i cheer for him on his quest for top 10 and that it will end succesful. I wonder for how long will Dumoulin hang out in top 10.

TRENDING THREADS