• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Re:

saganftw said:
what a f***ing farce this is...you stop pulling at the front if yellow jersey has mechanical or crash

you dont stop riding when yellow jersey desides to take a piss break 30 km from the finish

Exactly this. Can't believe it. Turned off the TV when I saw that.

rune1107 said:
Cancellara the policman once again. Great rider, but he is so annoying when he thinks he is the boss of the peloton
I get the feeling most riders think hes annoying.
Stage 9 in the Pyrenees was such a hard stage, everyone was just ***. We hit that Category 2 climb [Côte de la Comella], and there was more gruppetto than normal. Fabian Cancellara [Trek-Segafredo] was there, it was his first time in the gruppetto at this Tour, and of course he wants to control it. He was telling everyone “just slow down,” and it was like, dude, we don’t have that much time. We have 37 minutes to get to the finish. We can’t slow down. Then he wants to speed up, and then he’s going too hard.

Then Matti Breschel [Cannondale-Drapac] comes up to him and told him “Slow down, you idiot, we don’t need to go this hard.” This is in the last 5km, and we had 20 minutes, so we knew we were good. And Cancellara still wants to be a hero on the front. Breschel just exploded, threw his bottle on the ground, then threw his glasses. I’ve never seen Breschel like that.

Re:

happytramp said:
Hang on... So what exactly happened there?... I'm getting confused.

Very windy descent, gerrans goes down pulling on the front, Stannard and another go over with him, cancellara and froome go to the front of the peloton, everyone slows down and froome goes for a wee.

I think they neutralised it for safety as opposed to just letting Froome do what he wants

Re:

saganftw said:
what a f***ing farce this is...you stop pulling at the front if yellow jersey has mechanical or crash

you dont stop riding when yellow jersey desides to take a piss break 30 km from the finish
Never understood why you have to stop when the leader has an mechanical. What about the rest of the top ten riders? Nobody waited for Aru. It's a bike race. Flat tyres and crashes is a part of the game.

That piss has screwed up so many riders races. Yates had got 2 minutes on Barguil in pursuit of young riders classification. The peleton still had a chance of winning the stage and bonus seconds would been distributed to the winner. It has messed the day up as a viewing spectacle also. All because Froome went for a bloody piss cos his team mates had crashed.

Re: Re:

Baldinger said:
saganftw said:

Never understood why you have to stop when the race leader has an mechanical. What about the rest of the top ten riders then? Nobody waited for Aru. It's a bike race. Flat tyres and crashes is a part of the game.

its out of respect for yellow jersey

but this situation certainly wasnt anything like that

if only i was DS :lol:

TRENDING THREADS