• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
Singer01 said:
At some point decent fans have to start policing the ar$eholes. If i was there, any douche in a mankini would get fishooked off the side of the road.

Buuuuuutttt you're on your laptop in your house making empty threats. Such a warrior though chapeau!!

obviously there was a bit of hyperbole in there. however the fact remains that 5% of the people are causing 100% of the problems. if the decent people did the right thing these problems wouldn't happen.

that said i've been a police officer in london for 15 years, i reckon i'd be alright pulling a skinny d1ckhead out of the way of the coming cyclists.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Leffe_Bruin said:
Those attention seeking motherfuckers in the crowd piss me off so much. Those guys don't give a **** about cycling and just want to be on tv. Seriously if I would make a rider fall off his bike I would literally kill myself.

I think they should keep the same time gaps as they were at the moment of the crash, seems fair to me (although the Froome group would have probably gained even more time on the Quintana group)
Exactly.

IF they can use the time gaps at the moment when the crash happened, Froome/Porte and Mollema would still be a t a disadvantage, but it would be a fairer outcome.

Neutralizing it at the time of the crash might be the least bad option, but it's still not very fair and leaves a bitter taste. Guys like Bardet and Aru may well have been able to close some of that gap in the last 2km, considering they'd burnt fewer matches in the stage up to that point.

The whole GC feels a bit artificial now.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Just watched it now. Tour de Farce strikes again :D

Honestly, I hope it doesn't get neutralised and the standings stay like this, regardless of whether it's right or not. Would seriously spice up the race, and Froome will probably win the Tour anyway. He should be in yellow after tomorrow's TT even with these standings. I feel most sorry for Mollema and Porte
Can you imagine those pathetic animals:

- Oh, if we knock them out of the bike they will lose and our favorite wheelsucker might win!

Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Correct decision, had any rider been in Froomes position I'd have said exactly the same thing. It's unfair on some perhaps but they simply could not let that shambles stand.

Agreed; I'm British and support Froome but if that had been Quintana and time had stood I would have been mad

CnVkE8rWYAA_y54.jpg

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

nilfen said:
Cannibal72 said:
Scarponi said:
Cannibal72 said:
Scarponi said:
The TDF kicked a rider out of the race last year for getting in a car for 50m. Froome should be penalized

Thai post is just endearingly, adorably, hilariously stupid. With this level of intellect you'll be in our Cabinet before long.
They both panicked and both cheated. Simple

Words of one syllable:

To. Run. In. The. Tour. Is. O.K.
It. Is. Not. Wrong. By. The. Rules.
To. Be. Driven. Is.

OK now?
But.Not.Without.Your.Bike :p

Not YOUR bike, A bike. Running after the neutral support, if your team car has been blocked, is OK.

Re:

The Hitch said:
In 2011 stage 1 Contador's group got taken out by a spectator on a flat stage. He lost 1.20 and without that loss he would have been on the podium.

Why should spectators taking out riders suddenly be neutralised if its never been before?
I don't remember what happened then but this time it was 100 % the organizers fault. They moved the finish line without putting up new barriers, just ridiculous.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
In 2011 stage 1 Contador's group got taken out by a spectator on a flat stage. He lost 1.20 and without that loss he would have been on the podium.

Why should spectators taking out riders suddenly be neutralised if its never been before?
Because they took out the favorites and the *** yellow jersey and none of them are in the process of being banned at any second now?

Besides, what happened when that banner fell and hit Yates?

TRENDING THREADS