2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
2
0
Re: Re:

Gloin22 said:
The Hitch said:
In 2011 stage 1 Contador's group got taken out by a spectator on a flat stage. He lost 1.20 and without that loss he would have been on the podium.

Why should spectators taking out riders suddenly be neutralised if its never been before?
Because times change??? 2011... different juries, different opinions.

And essentially, Tour PR. Tour would be mockery across the world and media if they let that stand like that.
Why did GVA not win the CSS last year then?

Because they rather see British cyclists win.
 
Jul 4, 2011
1,475
0
0
Mmmm not sure I agree that the times should have been effectively neutralized. And certainly not if this means ASO can disregard their lack of organisation by simply making up times to those affected.
 
Re:

The Hitch said:
In 2011 stage 1 Contador's group got taken out by a spectator on a flat stage. He lost 1.20 and without that loss he would have been on the podium.

Why should spectators taking out riders suddenly be neutralised if its never been before?
Apples and oranges. You have the fact that the motorbike was involved, so there is some direct responsibility for the organization. And you have the fact that the team support was essentially nil due to the course congestion.
 
Apr 10, 2011
4,819
0
0
Re: Re:

infeXio said:
Oliwright said:
infeXio said:
WillemS said:
Apparently, the two will get Mollema's time.
That's messed up..
how?
How is it not?

Spectators have caused crashes before with no neutralisations taking place.
Indeed. But this was and could be blamed on ASO directly.

The fans from the top got down and there was too many people on the road. They *** up.
 
Jul 22, 2011
95
2
8,685
This is what happens when the biggest stage has the last 5k lopped of it, where do you think the tens of thousands of fans camped up there are going to go?

Pete
 
Re: Re:

djpbaltimore said:
The Hitch said:
In 2011 stage 1 Contador's group got taken out by a spectator on a flat stage. He lost 1.20 and without that loss he would have been on the podium.

Why should spectators taking out riders suddenly be neutralised if its never been before?
Apples and oranges. You have the fact that the motorbike was involved, so there is some direct responsibility for the organization. And you have the fact that the team support was essentially nil due to the course congestion.
Motorbike was involved but fan caused the crash.
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
1
0
Re:

JetSet said:
This is what happens when the biggest stage has the last 5k lopped of it, where do you think the tens of thousands of fans camped up there are going to go?

Pete
Yeah, I did not foresee this, but it was foreseeable in retrospect. Shame on the organisers.
 
This decision makes the situation even worse. At first you had 2.5 riders affected by the decision (Mollema managed to keep going quickly so I give 0.5) but now the whole peloton is affected by this and there are even more people who are not happy. Terrible decision.
 
May 26, 2012
105
0
0
Even after neutralization Quintana is winner here...he would have definitely lost more seconds without that incident.
 
Re: Re:

Gloin22 said:
infeXio said:
Oliwright said:
infeXio said:
WillemS said:
Apparently, the two will get Mollema's time.
That's messed up..
how?
How is it not?

Spectators have caused crashes before with no neutralisations taking place.
Indeed. But this was and could be blamed on ASO directly.

The fans from the top got down and there was too many people on the road. They **** up.
So by that logic ASO have to compensate Froome but not the rest of the peloton for the sheer reason that he was essentially held back more than others..
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS