• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 20: Megève → Morzine (147km)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Why is Nibali assisting Roman? He is going to pass Aru in GC

Because Nibali doesn't like Aru
They've worked for each other on the 2 occasions (2013 Giro & this Tour) they had to. Other than that they got along with each other pretty fine by building a different race calendar and domestique squad in consulting with each other. Very diplomatic relation actually for quite a rivalry.

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
6minutes is enough for Nibali to arrive ahead of the peloton, by pulling the peloton, nibali can sits on the wheels of the attackers with a "logic Justification"... without having them asking why you not pulling at the front. So nibali can now rest, and try win the stage later. Only kreuziger or pantano can match him

Gigs_98 said:
I'm away for a few minutes so expect crazy things to happen on the flat :D

It just started raining a little harder Gigs. Stay away. Stay away.

This is reminding me of stage 4 of last years Giro with this Roman excitement. Hopefully this time it amounts to a little more in the end.

Though - again because of Astana! - it probably won't.

Still, what a beast Sagan is.

Re:

MacBAir said:
Sou Português but Rui Costa is starting to piss me off. This isn't about being smart, it's about the fact that he doesn't work at all on breaks.

Yeah, that's usually true. However, it's hyperbole that he never works and having pulled quite often at the front of the break yesterday and having ridden a few dozens of km's alone I'd cut him some slack today. He said he as exhausted yesterday and would need to expend very little if he wanted to contend.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
astana just trying to keep it in bay for an attack of aru to still matter, because nibali with too much headtime makes an aru attack useless as well

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Cannibal72 said:
The constant Festina ads on Eurosport are beginning to piss me off.

You must be smoking too much fumes from cooking, get yourself a revolutionary Bora Ceramic Stove Top.

The only cooker that doesn't require a Crocodile style garage door, find the best prices at GoCompare.com.

Bora, German engineering, for your hair.

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

nerian said:
Cannibal72 said:

You must be smoking too much fumes from cooking, get yourself a revolutionary Bora Ceramic Stove Top.

The only cooker that doesn't require a Crocodile style garage door, find the best prices at GoCompare.com.

I've seen that Bora ad so many times I'm nearly tempted to go find one and see it in person.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Watching Lemond bringing a lot of value to Eurosport makes me hopeful that one day we can also see Lance giving something back to the sport. It would be so, so good.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

trucido said:
nerian said:
Cannibal72 said:

I've seen that Bora ad so many times I'm nearly tempted to go find one and see it in person.

haha, what ads, gentlemen?

what a blessing to have adblock on my TV - in the form of french and swiss channel plus eurosport (and streams)

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Astana is really drilling it. Aru on the radio. They are destroying the peloton.
------------------------------
Peter explodes.
-----------------------------
Peter deserves the super combatiff prize.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re:

saganftw said:
Astana making sure they wont get better position in GC and no stage victory as well

is there "dumbest stage tactic" award?

btw, how long before Sagan gives up?

EDIT: right after I pressed submit

and now Majka in the break would be extremely handy