• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 20: Megève → Morzine (147km)

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DirtyWorks said:
IndianCyclist said:
Eshnar said:
People the problem is not SKY. The problem is that you have a 24 yo rider at 20" to the podium and he doesn't lift a finger to go and get it. SKY is irrelevant, it's the whole peloton.
absolutely agree

Explain to me how he rides in such a way to put 25 seconds into Froome. Froome would just follow his wheel while Yates tires himself and then falls like a rock out of second.
Froome? :confused: he needed 20 " on Quintana. Can't get away on the climb? Do it on the descent. Quintana isn't exactly a monster there (he wasn't on any terrain this year actually)

EDIT: Oh maybe you meant Bardet? :confused:

Re:

Samamba said:
Rodriguez jumps to 7th place. That's what you get when you're not a pussy.
I agree. Realistically nr 7 in the GC is a good result for Rodriguez, and I like how he has attacked when he had the power to do so. I'm also impressed by Roman today and of course Ion, who rode a clever ascent up Joux Plane before nailing the tricky descent!
Apart from that there's not much to remember this stage by.

RattaKuningas said:
DirtyWorks said:
IndianCyclist said:
Eshnar said:
People the problem is not SKY. The problem is that you have a 24 yo rider at 20" to the podium and he doesn't lift a finger to go and get it. SKY is irrelevant, it's the whole peloton.
absolutely agree

Explain to me how he rides in such a way to put 25 seconds into Froome. Froome would just follow his wheel while Yates tires himself and then falls like a rock out of second.

The objective is not dropping Froome.

Ok, so Yates tires himself while his GC rivals follow his wheel. Yates pays dearly and falls further down GC.

The names don't really matter.

luckyboy said:
Fight.The.Power said:
Only way to stop Sky tactics is to reduce teams to 6 or 7 riders

Or other teams to follow the model (which I would not like to see), or some kind of budget cap. Smaller teams would be better though, yes.

will some one tellme how smaller teams would be better ..So we have say 6 per team

Then SKY would have 6 of the best riders and win by more as other teams would lose doms faster while SKY remain with full compliment

Come on people ...its simple ...small teams would work for SKY not against

What i needed is

ban radios
ban power meters

But other teams need to recruit better and have better budgets...
Can only happen with a stronger sport

I'd also look again at the course ...more Ardennes type stages and more cobbles
Just to mix it up at least

DirtyWorks said:
RattaKuningas said:
DirtyWorks said:
IndianCyclist said:
Eshnar said:
absolutely agree

The objective is not dropping Froome.

Ok, so Yates tires himself while his GC rivals follow his wheel. Yates pays dearly and falls further down GC.

Well he didn't even give a go. It is impossible to drop anyone by following other riders wheels. If we use your logic we will never see a single attack on GC anymore because why risk. GC should consist of 21 time trials then I assume.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

PremierAndrew said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
El Pistolero said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
proves once and for all how overrated nibali's descending is as I've been calling here for years

Yeah, because he's really going to risk a crash here with the Olympics looming. :rolleyes:
wanna speak again? :rolleyes:

Reckon Pantano and Izaguirre would have dropped Nibs on the descent in Lombardia?
I'm sure Nibs has lost all descending ability in the space of 6 months..

I can't remember they were there, on that descent. However I saw them today, clearly, same as Nibali did, although him very briefly.. ;)

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Poursuivant said:
Why didn't Yates try an attack on the descent. 19 seconds off a podium, it's surely worth it.

Was wondering myself. Surely it was worth a try. He must have either been cooked or under instructions to stay ultra safe by DS

If it wasn't for Froome/Sky, very good Tour IMO. Minimal gaps in the top-10. I thought that Nibali would prevail today. Great win for Izaguirre. Great ride for Alaphilippe. And man, Pantano is a heck of a rider. I'm surprised that attacks didn't take place for a podium spot. Disappointing...

Tonton said:
If it wasn't for Froome/Sky, very good Tour IMO. Minimal gaps in the top-10. I thought that Nibali would prevail today. Great win for Izaguirre. Great ride for Alaphilippe. And man, Pantano is a heck of a rider. I'm surprised that attacks didn't take place for a podium spot. Disappointing...

I don't think Bardet, Porte, Yates and Quintana had much left and were not going to risk it all on that descent. Rodriguez tried when the race was all over, Mollema tried something, Aru blew up. Bit of an anti climax compared to yesterday but the conditions and the route did not help. MTF would have been better at least for the podium battle.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

DirtyWorks said:
IndianCyclist said:
Eshnar said:
absolutely agree

Not second, but wherever he is on GC.

Maybe just like Purito, Sky wouldn't care that much...

TRENDING THREADS